The Student Room Group

I just fell in love on the train - similar experiences?

I'm guessing I am not the only one who feels as though they have fallen in love on public transport. I'm sure some of you have experienced that moment when your eyes meet someone on the train or bus and hold for just a second too long, or you keep looking at each other over the busy carriage. This guy was tall and handsome, with inexplicably dark eyes, and for some reason, I felt an incredibly strong attraction to him. Our eyes kept meeting as it sat opposite me, and neither of us looked away. When he got off at his stop I actually felt my stomach drop. It's a very strange feeling and one that only happens in a blue moon for myself personally.

I know a lot of people say that they always seem to fall on the train. So I was wondering who else had had a similar experience that they would like to share? Annd.. did anything become of it?

EDIT: People are correctly picking up on the word 'love' - that's a debate to be had on another thread. I use the term loosely. My main point is that feeling of incredible attraction in a split second - whether you call that lust, love, fancy, whatever, which a lot of people feel in these situations. It's more of a turn of phrase because there are many articles about this with the term love. Anyway, experiences?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
had a girl that I used to have eye contact with once a week on the train going to college for 2 years.
Nothing happened :frown:
Reply 2
You fallen in love with someone solely based on their looks? Shallow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
In the kindest possible way, it is not 'love'...
Reply 4
Lust, surely?
Reply 5
Well, I use the term love loosely. My main point is that feeling of incredible attraction in a split second - whether you call that lust, love, fancy, whatever. It's more of a turn of phrase because there are many articles about this with the term love. Anyway, experiences?
I used to but it hasn't happened for a while. I think I'm too cynical these days :frown:
Reply 7
You experienced lust, not love.

You liked how he looks and wanted him based on that.
Reply 8
Original post by Welsh.Dude
You experienced lust, not love.

You liked how he looks and wanted him based on that.

As I said, I'm not looking for a debate on love vs lust, I've chosen to use the word love based on articles focused on this etc (see edit) I do personally am cynical of whether one can fall in love based on a fleeting moment, although in this circumstance he wasn't really my type, and I didn't feel particularly lustful.
Reply 9
Yeah I've had this! Nothing ever happens out of it though it's more of a just looking at the other person hah
Yes, I made a thread on here and got similar replies about lust vs love. It was on a bus though... and with a girl :mmm:

Still remember it now, it was about 4years ago :h: Ahhhhh...
Reply 11
Original post by The Puppet Master
Yes, I made a thread on here and got similar replies about lust vs love. It was on a bus though... and with a girl :mmm:

Still remember it now, it was about 4years ago :h: Ahhhhh...

See I think it's amazing how we can see someone for such a short amount of time, and remember their face perfectly years later. I know that guys face isn't going to leave me - and after discussing it with my mother she told me that when she was 19 she had a similar experience and remembers his face to this day.

Haha wow absolutely love this - it's brilliant.. in a weird stalkerish kinda way..
I think there's a difference between being 'in love' and actually loving and caring for someone. It's happened to me once, I was gutted afterwards!

Why do all the guys on that site look the same? Where's the variety?

I draw the line. That site is too stalkerish and wierd. Freaks. This site is an example of why cameraphones shouldn't have been invented.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Just a bit of harmless fun.

Haven't experienced a public transport crush for a while. I tend to get a few library crushes though. Heck I'm using the term "crush" loosely because I simply haven't experienced any kind of intense attraction to someone for a while.
Reply 17
When I had to go to court as a witness a few weeks ago, it was a borefest having to wait in a room with other witnesseses and victims, but there was a beautiful clerk there who was like 6'1 and from the Czech Republic, and I couldn't stop looking at her for the few hours I was there lol.

Not exactly the same as public transport, but y'know.
Original post by gypsyclimber
See I think it's amazing how we can see someone for such a short amount of time, and remember their face perfectly years later. I know that guys face isn't going to leave me - and after discussing it with my mother she told me that when she was 19 she had a similar experience and remembers his face to this day.

You should've just spoken to the guy if you were so attracted to him. Why didn't you?
Original post by Misogynist
You should've just spoken to the guy if you were so attracted to him. Why didn't you?

I don't know, too shy I suppose. I would of done if it was in a bar or a restaurant, but it was on an otherwise quiet train carriage and I suppose my nerve failed me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending