The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aroy45
Go on to do some Ku with analysis eg. Talk about how it is never certain a person is guilty then discuss Timothy evans. You can use KU in these questions if you analyse it. It's easy marks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It's asking for atleast 2 secular views, so i thought it was it was like kantian ethics and utilitarians and what they believed. Then to get more marks talk about another secular view such as amnesty international and it's usually 2 makrs for your own opinion explained.

I don't think you have to mention people that have been sentenced to death as that usually asks you in a seperate question but i guess there's many ways of tackling this question.
Reply 21
Does anyone know why the pass mark has been 55% for the last couple of years? It sucks!

Reply 22
Original post by Scrabble96
Does anyone know why the pass mark has been 55% for the last couple of years? It sucks!

Last year it was 45 for a C 55 for a B and 65 for a C so I dk where you're getting this info from
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/GradeBoundaries2011.xls

Anyone got notes on kant & utlititarian views on punishment? Can't find it in my notes or remember doing it in class:frown:
Reply 24
Original post by aroy45
Last year it was 45 for a C 55 for a B and 65 for a C so I dk where you're getting this info from

What? so it was only 55% for a B? really?
Reply 25
Original post by StudyAk
What? so it was only 55% for a B? really?

For the past two years yeah. Aiming for 80% Band 1 :biggrin:

Reply 26
Why is the pass mark so low? The course is not that hard...probably my easiest higher.
Reply 27
Original post by aroy45

The pass mark WAS 55% last year. It was 45 % for int 2!

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
55% for higher, 45% for int 2.

Reply 29
55% for higher, 45% for int 2.

You needed 56/120 for a C which is 46%

Reply 30
The pass mark WAS 55% last year. It was 45 % for int 2!

It was 47% for a C, 56% for a B and 66% for an A. For a band one it was 81%. :smile:
Reply 31
Whoops, silly me. Hahah. That's a lot of pressure taken off. Phew! :smile:

Reply 32
Hi there,
just reading over the forum and about the CBS predictions about evolution... what do you think it will be related to ie) evolution and religion, evolution and proof etc?
Reply 33
And also... any more predictions?! I need a B to get into uni!! :frown:
Reply 34
Can some tell me what a Kantian would think of capital punishment? I understand Kant, I just find it a bit harder when applying it to the death penalthy.
Reply 35
Original post by amaclean
And also... any more predictions?! I need a B to get into uni!! :frown:

I need a B too! Scary stuff!
Reply 36
I know - My biggest flaw will be misreading the questions :frown:. Have you any predictions?
Reply 37
Original post by bikinikill
Can some tell me what a Kantian would think of capital punishment? I understand Kant, I just find it a bit harder when applying it to the death penalthy.

I'm doing medical ethics, but would a Kantian not reject the death penalty? On the grounds that it can't be universalised, because everyone would be dead?

That's just a guess, because that's what it is for euthanasia :P
Reply 38
Original post by kiwicake
I'm doing medical ethics, but would a Kantian not reject the death penalty? On the grounds that it can't be universalised, because everyone would be dead?

That's just a guess, because that's what it is for euthanasia :P

It's okay, I got the answers off the SQA website! But apparently not, even though that's what I initially thought too!:rolleyes: Dammit.
Reply 39
Original post by bikinikill
It's okay, I got the answers off the SQA website! But apparently not, even though that's what I initially thought too!:rolleyes: Dammit.

Oh really? Oh well, that's what would make the most sense to me. Kant is a bit confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest