The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been revising Biology all week as the exam's on Tuesday. I think I understand most of it now which is good. I redid the mock we did last night and got 53/60, but because we went through the answers I already knew some. But it's remembering the facts, right? :L

And today a little later on I might start some Chemistry. That'll probably require more revision than Biology. And then Physics. Aaaah, hate it. :frown:

I'm excited for when these exams are over. They stress me out. :rolleyes:
Original post by Dougieowner
I've been revising Biology all week as the exam's on Tuesday. I think I understand most of it now which is good. I redid the mock we did last night and got 53/60, but because we went through the answers I already knew some. But it's remembering the facts, right? :L

And today a little later on I might start some Chemistry. That'll probably require more revision than Biology. And then Physics. Aaaah, hate it. :frown:

HOw do you revsise for chem and biology ... i just cant do it ... i have a revision guide but it now seems worthless and nothing is new , but there are things i still cant do on exams -.- whcih websites do you use or do you do mindmaps ?? :frown: i have to get an A on these because this is last time i can do them :frown:
Anyone doing AQA history on Friday?
Whos doing the aqa biology exam or aqa history exam on tuesday?

Are you doing b1,c1 and p1 now?

I've hated Biology since as long as I can remember. :frown: So I've been spending a lot of time on Biology revision as that's definitely going to be my weakest area out of all of the sciences.

I think Chemistry is easier than Biology but I remember when I mentioned that I got a lot of dirty looks off people in my class as they seemed to prefer Biology. :biggrin:

Yeah, gonna be nice when they're over. :smile:
Reply 3186
Original post by Farhan96

I'm doing the aqa history exam
Just wasted around 5 hours finishing Mass Effect 3... Damn I could of been revising but hell it's an amazing game.
Original post by themancunian
Just wasted around 5 hours finishing Mass Effect 3... Damn I could of been revising but hell it's an amazing game.

Until the ending :rolleyes:
Original post by MangoFreak
Until the ending :rolleyes:

Yeah... I have about 7 tabs open trying to get to the bottom of that ending :l
Original post by alj123
I'm doing the aqa history exam

Hows your revision? I doubt the exams going to be that hard this year cause its the last year before the new spec
Are you doing b1,c1 and p1 now?

Yes, I unfortunately am. :frown:
Yes, I unfortunately am. :frown:

Well your lucky, i had to do p1 and c1 in january. I was 4 marks of an A* in both :/
I was gutted. But im much better now and im sure i'll get an A* this time. Ask me if you need any help or tips.
Well your lucky, i had to do p1 and c1 in january. I was 4 marks of an A* in both :/
I was gutted. But im much better now and im sure i'll get an A* this time. Ask me if you need any help or tips.

I'm sure you can get an A* this time :smile:

I've not really revised much today. I did two Chemistry past papers on the old specification and did ok, but in the new one I'd have probably done bad. :L

For Biology I feel fine about it, but for Chemistry the stuff seems way more complicated to learn and remember, and for Physics I'm not too sure...

I suppose I could go revise some stuff now before I go to bed, I just hate how I have so much other homework in other subjects to do when I have exams coming up. They should calm down at this time!

I wanted to ask if you had any tips for those longer, 6 mark questions where you have to evaluate? Do you give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages for each and then at the end give a conclusion into the final idea with why (plus a small counter-argument e.g. whilst it's this... in general, this is the better choice because...)?
I wanted to ask if you had any tips for those longer, 6 mark questions where you have to evaluate? Do you give 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages for each and then at the end give a conclusion into the final idea with why (plus a small counter-argument e.g. whilst it's this... in general, this is the better choice because...)?

Assuming you get a question asking for advantages and disadvantages of a certain method/product/chemical/etc. but yeah, basically just make 6 points and don't make any SPaG mistakes, as Dalek would say. I'll bet he LOVES the new specification's 6 markers :awesome:
Reply 3195
I'm sure you can get an A* this time :smile:

I've not really revised much today. I did two Chemistry past papers on the old specification and did ok, but in the new one I'd have probably done bad. :L

For Biology I feel fine about it, but for Chemistry the stuff seems way more complicated to learn and remember, and for Physics I'm not too sure...

I suppose I could go revise some stuff now before I go to bed, I just hate how I have so much other homework in other subjects to do when I have exams coming up. They should calm down at this time!

Haha, my school has a homework ban while we have our modules :smile:
And is that Unit 1 new spec bio on tuesday??
Im doing that and panicking even though I got a high A in a mock with zilch revision and I have revised now..
Assuming you get a question asking for advantages and disadvantages of a certain method/product/chemical/etc. but yeah, basically just make 6 points and don't make any SPaG mistakes, as Dalek would say. I'll bet he LOVES the new specification's 6 markers :awesome:

Ok, thanks for clarifying. And I don't mind SPaG and pick it out in myself, just not in others. We do not have a duty to correct others unless they ask. :biggrin:

Original post by tomp33
Haha, my school has a homework ban while we have our modules :smile:
And is that Unit 1 new spec bio on tuesday??
Im doing that and panicking even though I got a high A in a mock with zilch revision and I have revised now..

Lucky you - my school's planning on doing that soon. But it probably won't happen...

Yes, it is. You'll be fine; good luck! I got a low A with no revision in the mock and re-did the mock a few days ago and got an A* after revising. Though in the actual exam I'll be very happy with a high A.
Reply 3197
Anyone doing AQA history on Friday?

Im doing AQA history but on Tuesday.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3198

Im doing AQA history on Tuesday, Hows revising going? I think im almost ready! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3199
Hows your revision? I doubt the exams going to be that hard this year cause its the last year before the new spec

It's actually going really well! You?
What topics are you doing?