The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by carolvision
I played some Fizz this free week and really loved it - he's kind of a troll pick midlane and outrageously a troll pick as a jungler, but if you don't have any clear need then BOUNCE ON A STICK DASH TO PLACES THROW FISH ALL DAY.

Fizz is an op champ .. he counters A LOT of ap champions at mid
Original post by hamza7
Fizz is an op champ .. he counters A LOT of ap champions at mid

So does Galio and Talon. Don't make you op...
I don't think Fizz is OP at all, SO annoying with his escape though. Counters champs I like for example Ahri :<

Whenever they choose an annoying mid I go Yorick and stomp them, easy.
Reply 1823
being playing olaf latley , he is such a strong charecter with great jungle time!
Jayce is loads of fun.

Got a sweet double kill by shooting my Q through my wall and killing Teemo and Janna well behind their tower.
Reply 1825
Original post by paddy__power
Jayce is loads of fun.

Got a sweet double kill by shooting my Q through my wall and killing Teemo and Janna well behind their tower.

i have seen so many terrible players with him now, and not many good :/
Original post by chill543
i have seen so many terrible players with him now, and not many good :/

I've been positive in every game playing him top (assuming we realize the arbitrary difference between assists and kills). I think he is much better there than bot. You just have to know when to switch forms. He absolutely wrecks Riven, for example. I have, however, lost most of these games - usually due to one useless player.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1827
Original post by paddy__power
I've been positive in every game playing him top (assuming we realize the arbitrary difference between assists and kills). I think he is much better there than bot. You just have to know when to switch forms. He absolutely wrecks Riven, for example. I have, however, lost most of these games - usually due to one useless player.

the cannon of his is really good through that accelaration gate i love that! :biggrin:
Original post by chill543
the cannon of his is really good through that accelaration gate i love that! :biggrin:

He can basically poke them down and then quickly change,jump to them, knock them back and own them.
Any team with malphite is a gem for the team. He basically disrupts everyone with his ultimate and can win teamfights single-handedly (guaranteed it's not 1v5 and it's actually 4v5 or 5v5, but he actually makes the teamfight)
Reply 1830
Original post by koolkelv
Any team with malphite is a gem for the team. He basically disrupts everyone with his ultimate and can win teamfights single-handedly (guaranteed it's not 1v5 and it's actually 4v5 or 5v5, but he actually makes the teamfight)

If you can guarantee the enemy team to be naive enough to be grouped up like a flock of chickens in preparation to be butchered by the KFC franchise. :wink2:

Nor does he do anywhere near as well as a Maokai against double AP team compositions, far from being a gem versus any team.
Original post by Zurvan
If you can guarantee the enemy team to be naive enough to be grouped up like a flock of chickens in preparation to be butchered by the KFC franchise. :wink2:

Nor does he do anywhere near as well as a Maokai against double AP team compositions, far from being a gem versus any team.

Don't need to be grouped together. Even if he just takes out the AD carry, his E lowers his AS to very low, and slows him down. His job as a tank is complete. And he disrupts any suppression. It works well until you're at a decent level. I'm just first picking him whenever I can because he can work well as top, jungle and support
I'm absolutely loving malph atm.

You'd be absolutely idiotic to say that he loses some of his amazingness versus double AP but you'd be equally idiotic to say he's useless against double AP, just need to adapt the build.

The fact he has a 50% attack speed debuff built into his kit and an unblockable (bar Sivir, noct, morg and banshees shield) ultimate with fairly decent range means you should always be able to cripple the enemy AD carry.
Reply 1833
Original post by cambo211
I'm absolutely loving malph atm.

You'd be absolutely idiotic to say that he loses some of his amazingness versus double AP but you'd be equally idiotic to say he's useless against double AP, just need to adapt the build.

The fact he has a 50% attack speed debuff built into his kit and an unblockable (bar Sivir, noct, morg and banshees shield) ultimate with fairly decent range means you should always be able to cripple the enemy AD carry.

I didn't imply that he was useless against double AP compositions just not as good as other choices (such as Maokai as said...). I thought it was rather obvious and self-explanatory that he wouldn't be as effective (see I'm now bolding it as to make it furthermore clearer to avoid confusion :smile:) against a double AP composition then one with a bruiser on top in comparison to other choices within the top or jungle position.

By the way to say that is ultimate is "unblockable" is pretty laughable, anyone with a decent reaction speed can avoid the collision of his ultimate with Flash or more precisely AD carries with a blink such as Ezreal.
Reply 1834
Malphite is a generally good pick, but some people really need to understand when to use and time his ultimate correctly. Multiple times I've seen them try to initiate wrongly, dying and then blaming the team, or they go in alone for a single kill vs 5 champs. Also seeing a lot of Jayce. His damage and combo is quite powerful when I'm against him, yet when I have one on my team, he's usually not doing much >.> curse my luck.
On the upside, Lux buffs are just awesome now you can stay in lane longer than 5 seconds after casting two spells in a short period :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1835
If i'm playing Malphite against a strong AP team, you take Abyssal Scepter and Athene's Unholy Grail and then you have a lot of AP damage, while still getting a lot of MR plus you can still build up 3-4 very good strong armor items. I ended up being able to destroy a whole team in a matter of seconds with a strong armor hp build while still taking those two items.
Reply 1836
Original post by Rarrgh
If i'm playing Malphite against a strong AP team, you take Abyssal Scepter and Athene's Unholy Grail and then you have a lot of AP damage, while still getting a lot of MR plus you can still build up 3-4 very good strong armor items. I ended up being able to destroy a whole team in a matter of seconds with a strong armor hp build while still taking those two items.

Yeah, Abyssal Specter is a pretty swell item to get on Malphite even to be considered when your team deals a lot of magical damage as to nullify their resistance with the passive utility aura is brings. Athene's Unholy Grail on the other hand is pretty meh, hardly brings any magic resistance and you aren't really that mana hungry so Force of Nature, Banshee or Aegis are usually just better options.

Point still stands though, that his kit simply works better stacking armor then magic resist.
Reply 1837
Original post by Zurvan
Yeah, Abyssal Specter is a pretty swell item to get on Malphite even to be considered when your team deals a lot of magical damage as to nullify their resistance with the passive utility aura is brings. Athene's Unholy Grail on the other hand is pretty meh, hardly brings any magic resistance and you aren't really that mana hungry so Force of Nature, Banshee or Aegis are usually just better options.

Point still stands though, that his kit simply works better stacking armor then magic resist.

Athene's Unholy Grail just tops off the MR while giving a good amount of AP which helps with 2 of his abilities. Plus I am using chalice and unholy grail all the time nowadays cause well I use mana too much I like the security it gives of making it so that you are always able to cast off some abilities :biggrin:
Reply 1838
anybody know some good jungle chars? (thinking of getting udyr)
one for higher elo games?
Ziggs is ridiculously fun. Love him.

Just had such a terrible game - 22 minute surrender, the enemy team had 39 kills - I had 3 deaths of that...

Quick Reply