Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I miss those wonka chocolate bars with exploding candy in them :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
Boost bars are godly for late-night essay writing.
if i choose a college now on my ucas.
but then wish id chosen another
or hate where i am at when i get there
can i change colleges?
Reply 43
First of all, great name!

It's highly unlikely that you'll hate your college, so many people at the start of each year wish they'd chosen a different college, but as soon as they forge friendships they're glad they've been put where they are.

You'd need a very very good reason to be able to switch colleges, it almost never happens, but it is possible.
Reply 44
Where is the nearest place to Parson's Field to buy Krispie Kremes?
The specific brand is essential if some of my friends are to come and visit me, though I'm not personally so bothered.
Reply 45
What are Krispie Kremes? Some kind of biscuit? :redface:
Reply 46
oh doughnuts, sorry I forgot to say that.
Reply 47
Well if they're a particularly well known brand, I'd say Waitrose or Tescos. Waitrose is about a 15 minute walk from Parsons Field, while Tescos is a little further away, but is a much much bigger supermarket....it's an uber-hypermarket :biggrin:!
Reply 48
Are there any bins in Mildert rooms? I've totally forgotten since I visited!
Reply 49
Yes each room gets a small bin which is emptied on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If you don't want cleaners to wake you up on these mornings, you leave the bin outside your room the night before :smile:.
:O

WHERE shall i goooooooo
Reply 51
Read the prospectus (and the threads on here), and make a decision based on where you think you'd fit in best!
If you really can't decide, you can always do an open app. :biggrin:
Reply 53
Open applications can sometimes be a good thing for people who really don't have a clue, but I'd rather apply to a college where I know I'd be happy and have a decent chance of getting into, than get put into a college which I know I wouldn't have chosen in the first place.
Hmm, yeah. It seems like a lot of people on here have done open apps and are pretty happy with where they ended up, but I guess if you're really torn between two you would be better off flipping a coin.
Reply 55
LastGrape
oh doughnuts, sorry I forgot to say that.

There is a mini doughnut stall that sits in Market Square (the centre of town) each weekend as part of the outdoor market. I've never been to it (as the smell from it puts me off) but people keep telling me they're gorgeous!
Reply 56
I put in an open application and I'm really happy with Van Mildert. Maybe that'll all change when I get there though :wink:
Apparently when I choose my college for moving up to Durham City after foundation, I can specify back-up choices. I am very grateful for this, but of course now I'm already pondering over which to put.
Reply 58
archaeologygirl
Apparently when I choose my college for moving up to Durham City after foundation, I can specify back-up choices. I am very grateful for this, but of course now I'm already pondering over which to put.

That's cool, never knew they did that! I think they should allow people to put back ups anyway, it's a good way of making sure people get where they want to be.
Reply 59
LastGrape
Where is the nearest place to Parson's Field to buy Krispie Kremes?
The specific brand is essential if some of my friends are to come and visit me, though I'm not personally so bothered.

i dont think you can buy krispy kremes in the north... i vaguely seem to recall them being available somewhere in newcastle but i could equally be thinking of something else... such as creme de la mer face cream. which i think i am. so no. no krispy kremes. my apologies on behalf of the north.

Quick Reply

Latest