The Student Room Group

UCAS points

hey just wondering if anyone could help.

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers
jakdrummer1234

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers

yes, AS levels also contributes to UCAS but only in subjects which you didn't take to full A-level. Subjects like General Studies also count, provided that the offer doesn't explicitly state that it cannot be counted.
Reply 2
jakdrummer1234

cheers

yer A-levels

A-120
B-100
C-80
D-60

As levels
A-60
B-50
C-40
D-30

so 2 gce a level passes' means to include 2 A -levels and any you did not do in A2 (2nd year), only in AS levels, because you droped them after first year. :yes:
Reply 3
ah brilliant cheers for that. only got 2 Es for 2 subjects i dropped but still is worth 40 points, better than nothing, might help!
Reply 4
I thought it had to specify if they took AS results too =S
jakdrummer1234

cheers

it means you can't just use 280 ucas points from just AS Levels or a combination of AS Levels and 1 A Level

it means you have to have at least 2 A levels (passsed) in that 280 ucas points
Reply 6
so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?
jakdrummer1234
so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?

Assuming you put them on your UCAS form (as you should have) then yes.
Reply 8
can you combine 4 A2's?
tazzz
can you combine 4 A2's?

Of course, so long as they meet the criteria set out by the university (in the example above that 2 be A2 passes)
bit confused about the ucas form, might not have done that. can i then just add those 40 points on results day?
no

Latest

Trending

Trending