The Student Room Group
Reply 1
'A punctual, hardworking individual with a considerate, versatile personality.'
lol, that's how mine begins

decribe yourself in a positive light :smile:
Reply 2
ohhh thats good :smile: ahah thank you
Reply 3
Don't start off with "I", start off with the reasons why you chose you course.
Don't bother. You don't have a professional profile and anything to do with ambitions etc should be in a covering letter. Just start with your Education, then Employment, then Interests.
An opening what...?

(Yeah really don't bother - CVs are better thought of as lists)
threeportdrift
Don't bother. You don't have a professional profile and anything to do with ambitions etc should be in a covering letter. Just start with your Education, then Employment, then Interests.

I agree with this.

I've seen quite a few CVs and the intro's can be cheesy and lame.

'I am a hardworking keen individual, I enjoy team work but can work well on my own. I am bubbly, outgoing and friendly. I work well under pressure and am not afraid of hard work'

No disrespect to anyone who has something like that on their CV. I am not an employer so really my opinion means nothing. But I am sure alot of people write similar things and you want to stand out not look the same as everyone else.

I would leave the intro part out of a CV.

Always send a covering letter as this is the best opportunity to sell yourself.

A good CV is straight forward, to the point, clear and factual. I wouldn't mention interests unless the are really relevant to the job. I don't have my interests on my CV as I am sure gambling, smoking, binge drinking and partying would not impress potential employers.

Latest

Trending

Trending