The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thetobbit
Just thought I should create this as I can't find one already.
Post your GCSEs, AS's, A2 predictions, what you're applying for and why you have chosen (are choosing) Liverpool :biggrin:. Oh and your other choices as well.

Me:

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
AS: AABB (History, Biology, Chemistry, Government & Politics) - 91% average in Hist
A2 predictions: AAA
Course: History single honours (V100) :wink:
Why: Loved it on open day, excellent halls and interesting department
Choices: York, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens Belfast (all for Hist)

UCAS is getting sent away on Monday :eek::eek::eek:

3 negs? really?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 61
GCSE's A*A*AAAAAABBB (A*'s in Maths and Physics)
AS's BCDDE (Maths, Physics, French, Business, General Studies)
A2 predictions AAA (With resits - messed up the June exams)
Course Physics with Astrophysics BSc
Reply 62
Original post by Jippet
GCSE's A*A*AAAAAABBB (A*'s in Maths and Physics)
AS's BCDDE (Maths, Physics, French, Business, General Studies)
A2 predictions AAA (With resits - messed up the June exams)
Course Physics with Astrophysics BSc

You got BCDDE at AS and you're predicted AAA? :rolleyes: ooook then! LOL
Reply 63
Original post by JakeE10
You got BCDDE at AS and you're predicted AAA? :rolleyes: ooook then! LOL

Yeah, I got A's in the January exams, and then kinda messed up the June ones. General Studies and Business are kinda useless though (I dropped business) And they were D & E. The other D was French which I know exactly why I messed it up! - resitting it in Jan along with a maths and physics to get my AS's up to AAADE hopefully!

doesn't seem like I should be predicted that I know but I just ****ed up in June!
Reply 64
I can't wait to go.

Unconditional offer !!!

MSc Finance ..... any post graduate at Management School??

Other Business School I got into: Aston, Lancaster, Sheffield, Bradford, York, Loughborough.

WHY LIVERPOOL?? LOVE THE CITY, UNI IS AMAZING, COURSE CONTENT IS TOO GOOD!!
Reply 65
Original post by JakeE10
Don't know whether to apply to Liverpool :s-smilie:. My GCSEs are AAABBBBBCC, AS grades are BBDD =| and A2 predictions are ABC (German, English Lang and Economics respectively). I wanna apply for Business Studies and German (Entry req are BBB incl. German) ABC = BBB in terms of points but i don't know how lenient they are with the grades etc! but i don't know if this is too risky :s-smilie: My other choices are Leeds, Hull, Dundee & Chester. I e-mailed liverpool uni to see what my chances were with these grades and a good personal statement etc. but they didn't really help :s-smilie: I know Leeds is really competitive and so is Liverpool so I dunno if this is too risky! (And i don't have the best grades). Anyone help my decision?!?!?!

I emailed the maths department this they require ABB and i said if I was predicted AAC would I be at a disadvantage to someone who meets requirements they said I wouldn't :smile:
Reply 66
i havent visited Liverpool Uni yet.. can anyone tell me what its like?

are all the halls spread out ? or what? can someone tell me what the science departments like etc and the people and how big is it etc ?

thaaank you so much :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by hali0112
Hi everyone!

I am a first year at Liverpool. If you have any questions about accommodation, fresher's week, the social life, the city or anything really about uni, feel free to ask. I hope I can help. :smile:

Hi :smile: I'm going to apply this month :biggrin: but i didn't go to the open day.. and i have never been to Liverpool :colondollar:

What do you think the city is like? Are there jobs, good shops, etc.?
aaaand.. what are the accommodation halls and lecture theatres like?

Reply 68
anyone been to open day >???? what's the management school like?
Reply 69
Original post by maVie
Hi :smile: I'm going to apply this month :biggrin: but i didn't go to the open day.. and i have never been to Liverpool :colondollar:

What do you think the city is like? Are there jobs, good shops, etc.?
aaaand.. what are the accommodation halls and lecture theatres like?

Hi! don't worry about not having visited liverpool before applying! I didn't either. :biggrin: I was a bit scared about coming here because I didn't know anything about the city but I have only been here since september and I love it already! the people are really down to earth and friendly and people love to talk to eachother and are very welcoming. There are lots of shops around too. my halls is on the central campus and liverpool one which is the main shopping district in liverpool is about 15 minutes walk/a 5 minute bus ride away. it has all the high street shops, a cinema, lots of bars and restaurants. coming from London which has so many shopping centres I was a bit apprehensive about what Liverpool one would be like but its very good. there are lots of pubs and bars locally as well. these are all within walking distance from the central campus. I quite like my halls - mulberry court. have a look at my post here about the pros and cons.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34715658#post34715658

On the topic of jobs, I am not too sure about this. I have not been looking for a job, because my course is very intensive and I won't have the time to work but there are lots of shops, bars, restaurants etc and places that are likely to employ people of our age/experience. the lecture theatre sizes vary depending on the course and the number of people doing it. I am doing medicine and there about 350ish of us and our lecture halls are massive. its also very modern and nice. hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 70
Any Physicists? :smile:
Reply 71
Just got an offer for the MChem Chemistry ABB from Liverpool! :biggrin:
Offer for mechanical engineering

BBB

yay
ABB offer for Biological and Medical Sciences (:
Liverpool confuses me, as I'm set at doing a course at Manchester, but I REALLY want to live in Liverpool.
Good thing i've got a while to figure it out (:
Unconditional offer for Biological and Medical sciences!! First offer so far!! psyched out!!
Reply 75
any management students for 2012 ??
Original post by dubletisntcute
ABB offer for Biological and Medical Sciences (:
Liverpool confuses me, as I'm set at doing a course at Manchester, but I REALLY want to live in Liverpool.
Good thing i've got a while to figure it out (:

ahh me too :biggrin: for me it's between Lancaster and Liverpool and maybe Cardiff.. Still only heard from Liv as of yet though :P well done for the offer :wink:
Original post by calamitysarah
Ooh. I'm trying to think of a sheep joke but I have brain fade :tongue:
You're my age then, I re-sat year 12 :smile: If I end up going there we should organise a TSR meet-up so I can make friends because I'll be commuting :redface: It is the same department I think :biggrin: the biology for combined hons lets me go down whichever genetics/biochemistry/zoology route in the second and third years :smile: fingers crossed you get an offer!:h:

yes got the offer :biggrin: Any other news from ucas?? Might be seeing you in September then :P
Original post by christaphwoar
yes got the offer :biggrin: Any other news from ucas?? Might be seeing you in September then :P

what was the offer for? :smile: I also got one for LJMU, but I'm still waiting on Lancaster :biggrin: I think that would be my first choice now unfortunately, but I'll keep you informed :p:o
Reply 79
Original post by hali0112

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34715658#post34715658

On the topic of jobs, I am not too sure about this. I have not been looking for a job, because my course is very intensive and I won't have the time to work but there are lots of shops, bars, restaurants etc and places that are likely to employ people of our age/experience. the lecture theatre sizes vary depending on the course and the number of people doing it. I am doing medicine and there about 350ish of us and our lecture halls are massive. its also very modern and nice. hope this helps. :smile:

thanks :smile: think i might apply anyway :biggrin: my sister loves liverpool whenever she goes so i might like it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending