The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Hocus Pocus is a game that everyone in my year 3 class remembers but that I never found again.
Reply 301
'Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind'. Initially on my Megadrive and then later (when I was about 12, I think) they happened to have it for the SNES in the hospital ward I was in for an operation. :biggrin:
Speed Freaks- PS1

(Or Speed Punks for you outside of Europe)

Not sure if anyone has already said this, havent been through every page. Sick game though, i dont remember much of my childhood, yet i do remember one moment inparticular. The moment my dad bought me this game and put it in the PS1 for me without me knowing, great times.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Speed_freaks_pal_cover.jpg/250px-Speed_freaks_pal_cover.jpg
Original post by Ronove
'Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind'. Initially on my Megadrive and then later (when I was about 12, I think) they happened to have it for the SNES in the hospital ward I was in for an operation. :biggrin:

I have bubsy on the megadrive! So fun
Reply 304
Tribal Rage on the pc
Original post by HeatherM
Same. Don't have a PS1, can't part with The Cyber Chase.
I liked the Japan/China levels. :L
I used to get absolutely battered by the ninja/sumos. :L
Heather x

Same! I also remember clowns and a fairground? I think it was one of the last levels.
I want to play it again :'(
Reply 306
Original post by Mo-Amin
What're you talking about? Everyone loves Rayman! =D I still have it in my PlayStation and actively play it haha.

But thank you for reminding me of Time Busters, I'd completely forgotten about it :P

All my friends say Rayman's boring! Heretics! :rolleyes:

And it's scary to think how many hours myself and a friend spent on Bugs and Taz. I just love the boss levels, I've never known a game with such brilliant kiddy coop play, games have changed a lot now. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 307

Another PS1 game that never seemed to get much attention
I had a game gear, never met anyone who also had one, everyone had a gameboy. But in color the game gear was vastly superior.
Reply 309
Original post by Endo
One of my early childhood obsessions that one. It took me genuinely 2 years (not continuous play, I believe I gave up trying daily, returned sporadically for a few months, then left it entirely for over a year before I went back and figured it out) to get past the first minataur. You're on a ledge and he's sort of marching around in the stream below. I would try every hack and slash possible but my puny sword never seemed to do a jot of damage, and I'd always be ended rapidly.
It took me 2 years to figure out you're supposed to jump straight onto it's back. No secret keys, no special combo moves, no crazy loopholes or cheat codes (hilarious to think this was so long ago I don't think we had internet, so I had no access to online game guides which would've solved it in minutes) just hold down the -> key and make sure you land on it's back, then rodeo the sh*t out of it.
Damn that bit haunted me

Oh yeah, the Nessus battle. I can relate, so ridiculously easy but back then it was hell. Had a similar problem with the Medusa as a kid, didn't realise the plates could be used as mirrors to deflect the eyebams. Damn you lack of knowledge in Greek mythology :tongue:
Reply 310
Original post by Fusion

Another PS1 game that never seemed to get much attention

My cousin had this, I played it once and it felt obscenely difficult. Again, as a moronic kid I was so used to pressing X to jump that having to press the square button was like learning a new language. And the whole Steamboat Willie episode was like 0_o
Reply 311
Anyone remember this?

Another ridiculously difficult platformer, pretty clever for its age rating in terms of the puzzles and some of the side-quest "Muppet Token" challenges were obscene. Scared the s**t out of me for many years too
Kojima's graphic adventure games Snatcher and Policenauts.

And the Super Robot Wars games.
Original post by Sabertooth
I had a game gear, never met anyone who also had one, everyone had a gameboy. But in color the game gear was vastly superior.

I had one. It was great but I only ever took it to places with plugs as it used too much battery power.
None of my friends with PS3's have played Venetica, or Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows, but meh!

We have an original gameboy with Skate or Die - Bad 'N Rad :colondollar: fun little game!
Reply 315

Spoiler

star wars republic commando, bitchez.
Reply 317
From Dust

This has been a great year for games so it's easy for the lower budget releases to be overlooked. From Dust is however one of the best games of 2011, no question about it. I noticed one or two of you mentioned Black and White - I'm not a fan at all but this essentially has the same premise, and acknowledges it with a level called Xuenylom. It's available for 1200 points in Xbox marketplace and is now out on PS3 and PC too, though I cannot speak for the quality of the conversions. I urge you all to get it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 318
Original post by StacFace
T
It's just a shame they probably won't ever release Shenmue 3; Ryo will be stuck in that cave forever. :cry2:

Don't worry, Yu Suzuki has revealed what's supposed to happen.

Original post by mrnightcat
Blinx: The Time Sweeper (Xbox)

A cat with a vacuum cleaner who can control time. I'm SOLD!

Devilishly difficult towards the end, especially the final boss, but damn, I beat it in the end.

I remember that well. After months of hype, with Blinx being touted as Microsoft's answer to Mario, the game was finally released only to suck more than Blinx's own hoover. Sorry man, I disagree with you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 319
Original post by unicornsoncrack

I loved this game.

I also played the hell out of Cool Boarders 2 (PSX), C&C Red Alert (PSX), WipE'out" (PSX), Kula World (PSX) and Crash Bandicoot 2.

Quick Reply

Latest