Reply 42
Original post by splendidsun
Ok shoot

Shall I start or u:smile:
Original post by otrivine
Shall I start or u:smile:

First ones mine

I'll give you a load of questions

Outline the great economic importance of catalysts with brief reference to an industrial process

Outline the use of mass spectrometry in the determination of relative isotopic masses and as a method of identifying elements

Outline how a catalytic converter decreases carbon monoxide emissions from internal combustion engines. Also outline the potential environmental harm of carbon monoxide, unburnt hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen.

Outline the use of infrared spectroscopy in monitoring air pollution

Describe principles of chemical sustainability

Outline the manufacturing process of margarine

Briefly outline the two forms of polymerisation

Outline the role of chemists in minimising environmental damage by removal of toxic waste products (HCL). Also outline the processing of waste polymers.

:smile:
Reply 44
First ones mine

I'll give you a load of questions

Outline the great economic importance of catalysts with brief reference to an industrial process

Outline the use of mass spectrometry in the determination of relative isotopic masses and as a method of identifying elements

Outline how a catalytic converter decreases carbon monoxide emissions from internal combustion engines. Also outline the potential environmental harm of carbon monoxide, unburnt hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen.

Outline the use of infrared spectroscopy in monitoring air pollution

Describe principles of chemical sustainability

Outline the manufacturing process of margarine

Briefly outline the two forms of polymerisation

Outline the role of chemists in minimising environmental damage by removal of toxic waste products (HCL). Also outline the processing of waste polymers.

:smile:

1) catalysts helps to increase the rate of reaction by providing an alternative pathway and reduces activation energy. They are renewable and reduces cost on temperature and pressure.
2) mass spectroscopy is used to find an unknown compound by look at the istotopic abundance and helps to identify the compound such CL35 and CL37. you could calculate abudnace as well
3) catalytic converter reduces CO as this happens :- adsorption of reactants, bonds weaken , chemcial reaction , desorption . the equation is NO +CO to give 1/2 N2 + Co2 so two toxic gaes react to form N2 and Co2. Co is harmful as it is a odourless and poisonous gas.
4) the infra red spectroscopy is used to identify gases ans it gives a key absorption of partcular functional groups and gives sudden peaks and those peaks helps to identify the air pollutants.
5) to have a high atom econony less wate , produces less toxic gases , separation and recycling , using renewable resources.
6) margarine - Ni catalyst and heat at 150
7)chemists remove toxic gases as there is a device a CO device used in incinerations that helps to control the level of toxic gases. Also, the waste polymers are biodegradable , produces less toxic gases , less fill of landfill sites , reclycing and separation.

These are my answers bro please mark them and give me a final grade :wink: thanks :biggrin:
Original post by otrivine
1) catalysts helps to increase the rate of reaction by providing an alternative pathway and reduces activation energy. They are renewable and reduces cost on temperature and pressure.
2) mass spectroscopy is used to find an unknown compound by look at the istotopic abundance and helps to identify the compound such CL35 and CL37. you could calculate abudnace as well
3) catalytic converter reduces CO as this happens :- adsorption of reactants, bonds weaken , chemcial reaction , desorption . the equation is NO +CO to give 1/2 N2 + Co2 so two toxic gaes react to form N2 and Co2. Co is harmful as it is a odourless and poisonous gas.
4) the infra red spectroscopy is used to identify gases ans it gives a key absorption of partcular functional groups and gives sudden peaks and those peaks helps to identify the air pollutants.
5) to have a high atom econony less wate , produces less toxic gases , separation and recycling , using renewable resources.
6) margarine - Ni catalyst and heat at 150
7)chemists remove toxic gases as there is a device a CO device used in incinerations that helps to control the level of toxic gases. Also, the waste polymers are biodegradable , produces less toxic gases , less fill of landfill sites , reclycing and separation.

These are my answers bro please mark them and give me a final grade :wink: thanks :biggrin:

scraped an A - in places you coulda been more specific (margarine process)
Reply 46
Original post by kickasskaz01
Haven’t even started yet! :frown:

what about you?

hi there how are you can you ask me some chem questions?
Reply 47
Ok shoot

hi there can u ask me some more questions many thanks
Reply 48
has anyone got the F322 JUNE 11 paper?
thanks.
Reply 49
I took this exam last year and found this website with very good notes! It also has notes for the next module too.
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm

:goodluck:
Reply 50
anyone know what topics are likely to come up
Reply 51
Original post by whotosee
I took this exam last year and found this website with very good notes! It also has notes for the next module too.
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm

:goodluck:

thank you!
Reply 52
hi can anyone please upload f322 june 2011 paper

thanks
Reply 53
Original post by rashida

thanks

I heard the papers are going to be very hard this year the recent papers have been very unpredictable has any one got any idea about possible questions that might come up ??
Reply 54
Original post by Unique..
I heard the papers are going to be very hard this year the recent papers have been very unpredictable has any one got any idea about possible questions that might come up ??

can u ask me questions:wink:
Original post by rashida

thanks

The link is at the top of this page :smile:
Reply 56
So the exams tomorrow... who's ready?!
Original post by Saliency
So the exams tomorrow... who's ready?!

Sort of :s-smilie:

Need to revise after my Biology exam. Still got a few keywords to memorise :frown:
Reply 58
Original post by LifeIsGood
Sort of :s-smilie:

Need to revise after my Biology exam. Still got a few keywords to memorise :frown:

Yeah me too I haven't really learnt the definitions yet. Today's going to have to involve a crazy amount of revision.
Original post by Saliency
Yeah me too I haven't really learnt the definitions yet. Today's going to have to involve a crazy amount of revision.

I'll be here from about 5pm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest