The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL English applicants/offer holders!

I noticed there's a few of us floating around on TSR so we should have our own thread :wink: A few of us are going to firm and as it's such a big department we might as well get to know some people we'll potentially spend 3 years with.

So, hi guys! Who's excited? :biggrin: I'm currently trying to decide whether to do English Lit and Linguistics or just straight English as I have offers for both!
Reply 1
It's either here or Nottingham for me. It seems like a cool place, just a bit cautious about the cost of living in London. But it'd be a great chance to live in the capital
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey guys, I'm curious as to whether AS grades are factored into the total of UCAS points? I'm doing English Lit, English Lang and Politics and predicted As but just in case I slip up, could my B in AS History save me from possible doom? :smile:
I'm going to firm my Queen Mary's place (for straight English) once Exeter reply to my application, quite excited :biggrin:

Hopefully shall be living in Feilden :smile:
Original post by DrinkYourMilk
Hey guys, I'm curious as to whether AS grades are factored into the total of UCAS points? I'm doing English Lit, English Lang and Politics and predicted As but just in case I slip up, could my B in AS History save me from possible doom? :smile:

It should be detailed in your offer, mine said:

"This offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 360 UCAS Tariff points from three GCE A levels
including

GCE A level Grade A in English Literature"

So basically, no I'm afraid :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HannahtheFauves
It should be detailed in your offer, mine said:

"This offer is subject to you obtaining a minimum of 360 UCAS Tariff points from three GCE A levels
including

GCE A level Grade A in English Literature"

So basically, no I'm afraid :tongue:

Oh dear. Well, doesn't look like I'm going to Queen Mary then. :biggrin:
I'm working at Bs in Lit with the exam on the imminent horizon. I need an A!!!!!!!!!! :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by DrinkYourMilk
Oh dear. Well, doesn't look like I'm going to Queen Mary then. :biggrin:
I'm working at Bs in Lit with the exam on the imminent horizon. I need an A!!!!!!!!!! :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fiine :smile: Have you got an offer already? I'll definitely be firming if I don't get KCL and I'll have Notts as my insurance.

I was looking at Pooley House because I need a big ass desk to accommodate my nerdy computers. :wink:

So want the next few months to hurry up!
Original post by Beckiix
I'm sure you'll be fiine :smile: Have you got an offer already? I'll definitely be firming if I don't get KCL and I'll have Notts as my insurance.

I was looking at Pooley House because I need a big ass desk to accommodate my nerdy computers. :wink:

So want the next few months to hurry up!

Yeah, I got the standard 360 points from 3 A levels with an A in Lit. I got back a practice question I did and received a A/B so I'm heading in the right direction. :smile:

Haha, I have no computers really, just a very creaky laptop from about 2000 B.C. :tongue:
firmed my qmul offer today, yaaaaay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest