The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stray_talk

Sorry, irrelevant but is that Nathan Fillion in your sig? SO AMAZING, where is it from?
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I think I love badgers even more than raccoons. Possums are also good. I think you'll have to go lower than mammals on the order of species for me to approve. Something slimy. However, I certainly agree with your Moriarty and the lesser beings theory.

BOOM. Silverfish.

Spoiler

Also possums are not 'good'. Go to New Zealand and you'll change your tune. Monstrous vermin ffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2002
So what are the theories on the death faking? Obviously he needed molly's help for him to fake his death ("I need you") although I wish it were more than that... possibly john being hit by the cyclist was intentional/planned, so that no one witnessed the death itself? once inside the hospital it would be easy, molly could substitute the body. clearly he fell... but how did he survive it?
Reply 2003
Original post by ArcaneAnna
No we didn't. Not once was there a clear head shot of the dead body, hence my suspicion was that it was not sherlock, but just a random dead body made to look like sherlock but face too disfigured to tell properly. This is where Molly comes in and the bit with John being hit to the ground by apparent 'accident'.

there was a shot of sherlock's face.. with blood on it albeit, but you could tell it was him. I think it may have been a mask some sort? it may even have been moriarty's body with sherlock's mask... a bit far fetched, but possible, considering the children feared sherlock's face.. perhaps they saw moriarty in the mark?
Reply 2004
Damn reading this thread and seeing everyone who was initially worried Sherlock and/or Moriarty had died, and then their reaction to Moffat announcing there was a third series on twitter and getting so happy, kind of makes me sad :frown:.

Earlier that day I was reading the tv guide and Andrew Scott gave an interview where he mentioned the third series, so I knew they'd both be alive anyway. I missed out on all that suspense I could have had!
Hope the solution isn't "Sherlock has a twin". But I am very excited to see what actually happens next series in... 2013 or whenever it is :cry:
Original post by Amwazicles
We've been stalking Benedict's genes to try and figure out the origin of the cheekbones. So far, I'm going with his father as the main culprit. :lolwut:

You say it like you had a massive investigation to try to identify lists of possible culprits!
You had two possible suspects, glad to see you managed to narrow it down. :congrats:
(See, impossible to not seem sarcastic with that. :ninja:)

I have this weird inability to cry at films/TV. :emo:

I'm like Sherlock! :gah: Cold and emotionless.... :erm:

"Oh my God I am so in love with Benedict Cumberbatch! He makes me so hot and embarrassed and oh my!"
"I'm emotionless. Poker face. :nothing:"

Okay, Amz. If you say so! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You say it like you had a massive investigation to try to identify lists of possible culprits!
You had two possible suspects, glad to see you managed to narrow it down. :congrats:
(See, impossible to not seem sarcastic with that. :ninja:)

"Oh my God I am so in love with Benedict Cumberbatch! He makes me so hot and embarrassed and oh my!"
"I'm emotionless. Poker face. :nothing:"

Okay, Amz. If you say so! :tongue:

Stop being so mean :sad:

All I said was I don't cry at films/TV.. I was joking about the emotionless thing. :nothing:

:cry:

I just rewatched the episode, so be nice, I'm delicate (and emotional :teehee:).
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I still remember the last episode of Doctor Who, which also revolved around how a main character escaped/faked his own death and was written by Moffat. :pierre:

Tardis in Hound? Tesselecta again? Why Moffat? Why?!!!?

Original post by v2p
Damn reading this thread and seeing everyone who was initially worried Sherlock and/or Moriarty had died, and then their reaction to Moffat announcing there was a third series on twitter and getting so happy, kind of makes me sad :frown:.

Earlier that day I was reading the tv guide and Andrew Scott gave an interview where he mentioned the third series, so I knew they'd both be alive anyway. I missed out on all that suspense I could have had!

Doubt Andrew Scott will. As has been said countless times over the last 30 pages or so, Moriarty dies for good in 'The Final Problem' so it is highly unlikely he will be back.

------------------------------------------------
One issue I had with it was that chief of police, him saying 'What are you looking at!' to John just seemed so unreal to me. I just can't imagine someone high up in the police force doing that at an arrest.

The final half an hour or so was just too good. Not too sure I have anything to replace it with TV viewing wise. :frown:
Original post by SirMasterKey
One issue I had with it was that chief of police, him saying 'What are you looking at!' to John just seemed so unreal to me. I just can't imagine someone high up in the police force doing that at an arrest.

Why, have you ever been arrested by a Detective Chief Superintendent? To be honest, I was quite happy with that part; just one of the brass being a bit of a dick.

There were several things I found much more unrealistic about that part - the first being that Lestrade went to the DCS for an arrest warrant, which have to be issued by a justice of the peace, not a police officer. Second, Sherlock and John would never have been handcuffed together; they would each have had their hands cuffed behind their backs individually. Third, there's no way Sherlock could have generated anywhere enough feedback in the radios for it to have been incapacitating for any of the officers. And last, he couldn't have just grabbed the SFO's sidearm from its holster; those things are tethered to the officers.
Reply 2010
It good to see Holmes and Watson as youngish characters. I think all the previous films/TV programmes have them as middle aged which I think was not accurate because in the books, they would have been quite young because neither were married.

Most men in the Victorian era married for the first time in their early twenties so it would be logical to deduce both Holmes and Watson would have been in their late Twenties when they meet for the first time since Watson was unmarried at the time.

Also, Watson had been to university and then the Army, saw action in Afghanistan and invalided out when he was still fairly junior. So he would have been 30 max I reckon.
Reply 2011
Original post by Maker
It good to see Holmes and Watson as youngish characters. I think all the previous films/TV programmes have them as middle aged which I think was not accurate because in the books, they would have been quite young because neither were married.

Most men in the Victorian era married for the first time in their early twenties so it would be logical to deduce both Holmes and Watson would have been in their late Twenties when they meet for the first time since Watson was unmarried at the time.

Also, Watson had been to university and then the Army, saw action in Afghanistan and invalided out when he was still fairly junior. So he would have been 30 max I reckon.

He did at least two tours though, possibly three. It is mentioned in the first episode but I can't recall exactly how many. Sherlock is younger than Watson by 5 years or so I imagine.

JM has been in a fight in that pic?! His face is still flawless :teehee: I can imagine the character he plays is pretty horrible, just by looking at him :tongue: I will look it up, I haven't read One Day, but I might see about reading the book and/or watching the film of Starter for Ten. :biggrin:

Off topic: One day is an incredibly good book. Quite an easy read not too heavy. Almost brought me to tears with the ending too. And I am male. And everyone knows males do not cry. Full stop.
So alongside with Shakespeare, Virginia Woolf, Le Morte D'Arthur by Malory and other Arthurian legends, Mumford and Sons, Chopin, 18th century London, Wilfred Owen, and my love for Golden Retrievers, I shall bestow upon my soon-to-arrive baby godson the awesome that is Sherlock.

Cannot wait to welcome him into the world! :biggrin:
Original post by dizzeedollee

^
pale, pale blue eyes sealed the deal for me :biggrin: and was it just me, or did his eyes look particularly striking and beautiful when the paramedics flipped over his bloody face? :colondollar:

They looked, well, dead. :lol: I seemed to be obsessed with peoples pupils in that episodes, I can say that it made Moriarty look permanently stoned, or permanently aroused in Sherlock's presence. :wink: Take your pick.

Edit: Well, when a character is dead, they are dead, dead-looking eyes make me sad...:bawling:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, eyes are of course good, but still.

...you see my abnormality? Clearly it's normal to think of eyes first, when thinking of attractive facial features, but I simply don't notice them when they are cheekbones to stare at. :eek: :teehee:

He does have quite nice eyes *cough*

Ah, we're all different. If you didn't like cheekbones, the nice cheekbones in the world would never be appreciated. :lol:

Personally, Robert Sheehan's eyes are just :coma: BC does have rather nice eyes.
Original post by v2p

^
OOOO:
if this is true...then i have no idea how to feel about this x) i suppose we'll get our answers when they reveal the titles of the next series and/or which books they're based on :smile:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Ah, we're all different. If you didn't like cheekbones, the nice cheekbones in the world would never be appreciated. :lol:

Personally, Robert Sheehan's eyes are just :coma: BC does have rather nice eyes.

What a good way of putting it :teehee: Plus, if I go for a feature which is less commonly appreciated, I'm more likely to get someone with it :wink:

:rofl: I just googled pics and the first thing I noticed were his cheekbones! No joke :lol:
Show co-creator Steven Moffat said there was a good explanation for Sherlock's survival - and all the clues were in the episode.

^
found this in an article O: WHERE ARE THE CLUES?! i wish i had sherlock's brain :frown:
just rewatched the episode - Moriarty hints Sherlock about the roof jump when he visits Baker Street after the trial! He mentiones the fall (and makes the appropriate sound effect), so Sherlock must have realised that this is going to happen => he had at least 2 months to prepare for this.
Original post by trouble-trouble
just rewatched the episode - Moriarty hints Sherlock about the roof jump when he visits Baker Street after the trial! He mentiones the fall (and makes the appropriate sound effect), so Sherlock must have realised that this is going to happen => he had at least 2 months to prepare for this.

Moriarty was talking about a metaphorical fall. He planned for Sherlock to kill himself at the end, yes, but he had no way of knowing that their last meeting would be on the top of a building - he could just as easily have convinced Sherlock to hang or shoot himself.

Quick Reply

Latest