The Student Room Group

Maths - Unit 2, Wednesday 7th March

Yo!

I'm re-sitting this tomorrow, is anyone else taking this? Also has anybody got any tips on how to do well?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

lool i thought the test was easy
Reply 2
i thought it was fairly easy :smile:
did any one attempt the simultaneous quadratic equation?
Was this the AQA Maths Higher Teir you are refering to? If so I couldnt go the simultaneous quadratic one, was that the y2 one?
Reply 4
yeah, it was when y is squared
did any one attempt the simultaneous quadratic equation?
what simultaneous i did unit 2 maths edexcel higher stage 1 and 2
Reply 6
Original post by ph4btomr3aper
what simultaneous i did unit 2 maths edexcel higher stage 1 and 2

oh, i was talking about the AQA maths unit 2 exam
Reply 7
It was a pretty hard test, the AQA Unit 2, don't you think? The start was alright but then it got much harder towards the end.
Reply 8
Original post by kaneboy
It was a pretty hard test, the AQA Unit 2, don't you think? The start was alright but then it got much harder towards the end.

yeah, i couldn't do the last question.. :/
Reply 9
Original post by simplylou
yeah, i couldn't do the last question.. :/

I couldn't do the final 3rd! :P I felt like I had no time.. I'm just PREYING I got a C! In my Unit 1 I got a B, so I hope I do well in the final so that it all evens out to a B.

Did you get y=x for a question? Can't remember which one it was, might've been an equational fraction or sim equation
Reply 10
i got a B in Unit 1 aswell :biggrin: & i dont think so..
what did you get for the price of the muffins, so he made the 40%, I got £2.21 or something like that.
Or the car devalue, I got 6%
Reply 12
Original post by traveltomidwife79
what did you get for the price of the muffins, so he made the 40%, I got £2.21 or something like that.

i didnt complete the muffins question, i might have got atleast 2 marks out of the 5 for my working out though.
straight after the exam i typed in 12500x0.94 (to work out 6%) and i got 11750 so we got that right
Reply 13
Original post by traveltomidwife79

I think I got something like £1.40 for the muffins question
Reply 14
Guys what % of our final grade is it? And also, do you know when we get the result
Reply 15
@kaneboy & Others- I believe it's 33% of our final grade. The results will be released to students on Thursday April 19Th. I completed the exam with minimal problems except: The Question about the twins, the last question about the graph & the muffin & loaves question- i got 80p for the final answer :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by NedSchool
@kaneboy & Others- I believe it's 33% of our final grade. The results will be released to students on Thursday April 19Th. I completed the exam with minimal problems except: The Question about the twins, the last question about the graph & the muffin & loaves question- i got 80p for the final answer :s-smilie:

Nice dude :smile: Glad you found it quite easy.

I wonder what the grade boundaries will be? My guess would be..

30% C
50% B
60% A
70% A*
Reply 17
@kaneboy Did you find it easy or hard. I believe it was a mixture of both and i actually liked the paper for once! I agree with your percentage predictions. I think it will be 46/66 for an A* because some people i asked found it really hard. Hopefully 38/66 for an A! What do you hope to get?
What did you get for the pocket money question? And yes i got the 6% for the car one:smile: I personally found the test extremally difficult:/ preying for a C!
Reply 19
Original post by NedSchool

same. the last question looked impossible :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending