The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Lintu93
Applied for this job and got a phone call to book a training session.

If I attend to training... do I have to take the job? If I pass the training I'm not sure which city I'd be based in (since I put down two cities) and even then I may or may not get other job offers for the summer which I'd rather take... Could I take the training then just drop out?

From my know if you drop out after the training and you recieve your sia badge, you will have to pay for it ...
Reply 181
Original post by David20
Hey,
Is it too late to apply for this job?
And if I pass the interview, when would the training be?
Know this is rather last-minute! Thanks in advance :smile:

Check their website. They still have roles in some areas.
Just had an interview today, and they said they are starting the screening process aswell. Applied last week, so I'm assuming there are still chances for people to apply for now.
Reply 183
Ok, thank you both for your help!
Reply 184
Had my interview exactly 3 weeks and 1 day ago!

They called me on Friday saying that there was a year of my past 5-year unaccounted for (i'd made a mistake on the form, and told them the correct dates), but now they still havent made any contact with any of my referees, and i havent heard anything else from them!

Anyone else have an interview around about the 12th March? Have you heard back from them?

Doubt there's any chance of getting the training now booked for this Easter break, as im back to Uni on the 21st, and some of my references from College, etc. will not be back at work to reply to their email (if they do bother) until easter is up!

Are they flexible with training for those that have already had it arranged? I.e. if they called me up on 1st May trying to book it for that week, and i said i wouldnt be able to do it until the 1st June due to Uni, dya think that would be fine by them?
Reply 185
Original post by ostego
Had my interview exactly 3 weeks and 1 day ago!

They called me on Friday saying that there was a year of my past 5-year unaccounted for (i'd made a mistake on the form, and told them the correct dates), but now they still havent made any contact with any of my referees, and i havent heard anything else from them!

Anyone else have an interview around about the 12th March? Have you heard back from them?

Doubt there's any chance of getting the training now booked for this Easter break, as im back to Uni on the 21st, and some of my references from College, etc. will not be back at work to reply to their email (if they do bother) until easter is up!

Are they flexible with training for those that have already had it arranged? I.e. if they called me up on 1st May trying to book it for that week, and i said i wouldnt be able to do it until the 1st June due to Uni, dya think that would be fine by them?

june is a bit late if you take in count that they have to provide you with training for the sia licence and after that more relevant training depending on role your given..also they game withs start at the month but its best to try ..they just need to finish off the vetting, keep regular contact with them follow up with them to speed up process then training, is on-going still so im sure they can try and fit you in when your arent busy as they asked me if i was available for that week for training...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 186
Update Received an email today from the screening company and they requested a few more details and a copy of my certificate from a previous college. o i'm happy to know that they are doing something and haven't missed me out or something :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
Not sure what G4S is but I had a interview with Aramark for Olympic job last Wednesday did anyone else have that? I heard that they would get back to us by the 21st of April and the person interviewing me said that they'd get back to us "in a couple of weeks" I actually asked the same question twice and got the same response twice :frown:
Hi Guys,

Very informative thread.

I have a reprimand on my record for something when I was a juvenile. Anyone one else have anything like this? Will it effect my application.

Got an interview next week.

Also long shot, but has anyone had training over the weekend. Dont want to miss uni :s-smilie:.
Reply 189
Original post by polarbearsedge
Hi Guys,

Very informative thread.

I have a reprimand on my record for something when I was a juvenile. Anyone one else have anything like this? Will it effect my application.

Got an interview next week.

Also long shot, but has anyone had training over the weekend. Dont want to miss uni :s-smilie:.

Am sure they can sort you out on the weekend, and regarding the record, depending on what it is but they will always take in account that you was a juvenile, make sure you address the incident as if you dont this could hit very hard.
Reply 190
For anyone applying somewhere other than London, did you still have to go to London to train?
Reply 191
I had my interview in December, heard back in February that my application will be going into screening, had an email in March asking me to book my training dates. Have had 6 days of training so far now which includes the SIA course, now awaiting to hear the results of the course and when any other training that I will need.

has anyone else completed the training and if so have you heard back yet about your results and what happens next??
Reply 192
Hi guys,

I have my interview this Wednesday.Any tips? Interview questions?

Thanks.
Reply 193
Original post by arno111
I had my interview in December, heard back in February that my application will be going into screening, had an email in March asking me to book my training dates. Have had 6 days of training so far now which includes the SIA course, now awaiting to hear the results of the course and when any other training that I will need.

has anyone else completed the training and if so have you heard back yet about your results and what happens next??

they should give you a certificate within 1-2 weeks for the Door supervision course after you have completed it and then sia will alert you within 25 working days regarding your badge and you can check your application status online, just to note have you done any other training apart from the door supervision course?
Reply 194
Original post by niyaz93
they should give you a certificate within 1-2 weeks for the Door supervision course after you have completed it and then sia will alert you within 25 working days regarding your badge and you can check your application status online, just to note have you done any other training apart from the door supervision course?

yeah i have had 2 days of general security skills training prior to the SIA course, how bout you? when you did the SIA course did G4S contact you saying youve passed or anything? or did you hear nothing and just get the certificate?
Reply 195
Original post by arno111
yeah i have had 2 days of general security skills training prior to the SIA course, how bout you? when you did the SIA course did G4S contact you saying youve passed or anything? or did you hear nothing and just get the certificate?

Yh mines was actually 4 days including psychical intervention, during that period g4s only send me a letter to disclosure CRB check, but SIA will contact you regarding your application and how to track it, within 25 days they will notify you, i got mines within 2weeks i think and i received the certificate from high fields for the door supervision course to prove that i passed...now just awaiting for further training, am guessing your just awaiting for the results and license?
Reply 196
Original post by niyaz93
Yh mines was actually 4 days including psychical intervention, during that period g4s only send me a letter to disclosure CRB check, but SIA will contact you regarding your application and how to track it, within 25 days they will notify you, i got mines within 2weeks i think and i received the certificate from high fields for the door supervision course to prove that i passed...now just awaiting for further training, am guessing your just awaiting for the results and license?

yeah justy waiting for certificate and license now. am looking forward to starting the job, just really wanna know more info like exactly what job roles ill be doing, how the shifts are going to work i.e can we work whenever we want or are we given specific dates. no one at g4s seems to know anything at the moment. once i get my license i might apply for silverstone, wimbledon as well.
Reply 197
Original post by arno111
yeah justy waiting for certificate and license now. am looking forward to starting the job, just really wanna know more info like exactly what job roles ill be doing, how the shifts are going to work i.e can we work whenever we want or are we given specific dates. no one at g4s seems to know anything at the moment. once i get my license i might apply for silverstone, wimbledon as well.

yh take the opportunity to take them on as well, but yeah after all your training then youll be notified about how many days, hours, i think but not sure cause i have done bag and fully body search but i think more training to come...
Reply 198
hi , ive had my interview on 13th march then i was made to take a xray test which i managed to clear both of them since then my status is "sent to screening" does anyone here knoe how long will it take and how will they contact me and is there anyone who has taken the interview on the same date
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by marakanti
hi , ive had my interview on 13th march then i was made to take a xray test which i managed to clear both of them since then my status is "sent to screening" does anyone here knoe how long will it take and how will they contact me and is there anyone who has taken the interview on the same date

it can take upto 12 weeks, as you can see from the FAQs they provided, just keep contact with them and keep viewing your profile...

Quick Reply

Latest