The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by DSal
thank you! :smile: yep conditional offer :smile: is it first come first served in accommodation or like a lottery?

Wait listers are ranked by UKCAT and offers follow that ranking :smile:
Reply 1361
Original post by .eXe
Wait listers are ranked by UKCAT and offers follow that ranking :smile:

hey there, no i already have an offer but i have put bsms as my insurance choice and received an email telling me to apply for accommodation so i was wondering if it's first come first served in accommodation and whether i do need to apply for it as it's my insurance choice if you see what i mean :smile:
Reply 1362
Original post by DSal
thank you! :smile: yep conditional offer :smile: is it first come first served in accommodation or like a lottery?

Yeah I believe it is first come first served basis - unless you have special circumstances i.e disabilities in that case you get priority. But bare in mind that medicine offers are given before other offers (generally) so we get a few more days to have a look at the halls and apply; also BSMS students are GUARANTEED a place at the halls (might not be your first choice though).
I'm not 100% how it will work for you, but I'm assuming you should apply and then if you meet the conditions of your Firm offer you just call BSMS accommodation and cancel your accommodation contract. If I were you I would drop them and email, just to be sure.
Hope this helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by andrewpeters
Ahh I hear back next week!

I'm on the hold list too, if their meeting is tomorrow do you think they will let us know tomorrow, as in that's why they gave us a specific date? or do you think it will take a while to process through ucas so maybe tuesday/wednesday? xx
Reply 1364
I hope they give us our replies by tomorrow, if what people are saying and that it is ranked only by UKCAT then it shouldn't take long after their meeting.
Original post by ZeeBurb
I hope they give us our replies by tomorrow, if what people are saying and that it is ranked only by UKCAT then it shouldn't take long after their meeting.

hmmm i reread the hold list email and it says that the meeting on the week 'commencing the 23rd' so that doesn't mean specifically the 23rd and also it says we will find out the 'end on april', i don't know if the 23rd counts as the end :s-smilie: hopefully really soon though! Also the UKCAT thing, i'm not sure if that's true cause when i called admission they said it was other stuff aswell that is considered so i don't think its a numerically ordered on UKCAT only.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1366
Original post by bluebells1234
hmmm i reread the hold list email and it says that the meeting on the week 'commencing the 23rd' so that doesn't mean specifically the 23rd and also it says we will find out the 'end on april', i don't know if the 23rd counts as the end :s-smilie: hopefully really soon though! Also the UKCAT thing, i'm not sure if that's true cause when i called admission they said it was other stuff aswell that is considered so i don't think its a numerically ordered on UKCAT only.

Oh that's annoying, I guess it will be a week of panicking when I get a new email.
Well good luck :smile:
I've just called them up and they've finalised all the post interview hold offers and we should hear back by tomorrow! Very nervous!
Reply 1368
Rejected :frown: oh well :smile:
how did you find out? ucas track change?
Original post by ZeeBurb

:frown: I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have offers elsewhere? What was your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking?
been rejected too my UKCAT is 705
Reply 1372
Original post by thomthom24

omg...how high is their cutoff?? so sorry to hear mate :frown: Hope you have another offer

Sorry to hear that, got offers elsewhere? I'm surprised you got rejected with a UKCAT that high!
Original post by .eXe
omg...how high is their cutoff?? so sorry to hear mate :frown: Hope you have another offer

It's weird, ZeeBurb got 687.5 and got rejected... I've only got 632.5 :/ I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow...
Reply 1375
Original post by andrewpeters
It's weird, ZeeBurb got 687.5 and got rejected... I've only got 632.5 :/ I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow...

Well here's hoping for you that it wasn't based on ukcat ranking :crossedf:
Original post by .eXe

Yh i have an offer from peninsula so its not so bad, would have liked an offer though. Its very confusing, when i rang them up they said everyone on the hold list got offers last year and then i get rejected with a UKCAT that i thought was good when they apparently use it to differentiate between candidates. Anyways good luck to those that remain on the list, sure you'll here soon.

Original post by ZeeBurb

I'm so sorry to hear that! How did you find out?
Original post by .eXe
Well here's hoping for you that it wasn't based on ukcat ranking :crossedf:

Thank you. I'm still confused at, even though they said I scored very highly in interview, they put me on hold? Could it be that some of my administration is taking time to complete e.g phone up my referees?
Reply 1379
They updated my track, yeah my UKCAT was 687.5
I have an offer from Manchester so I'm not too bothered, it means I don't have to make a tough choice!

Hope they are giving offers to a few on the hold list still!

Quick Reply

Latest