The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria University - Welcome Week

I've looked and I could not find a thread about this. If one has already been created, I apologise.
I'm just wondering what the "welcome week" is exactly? What does it entail? Will there be an excessive amount of drinking? Do you have to drink? What happened last year? Any information would be appreciated!

I'm so excited! :rolleyes:
Reply 1
This is what happened last year, and it looks like they do pretty similar things each year so it's probably a good indicator of what will happen: http://welcomeweek.mynsu.co.uk/index.php?section=events

On the nights there'll probably be a lot of drinking from a lot of students but there doesn't have to be for you if you don't want to drink. There's several daytime events too which won't involve drinking (like the dance class, gardening, pampering session and family fun day).
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Ah, that sounds fun enough! Thank you very much!
I do hope that I won't be too much of an outcast for not liking to drink. I kind of swore off drinking a while ago.
"Family fun day" does that mean that a lot of peoples' families are still there during the welcome week?
Reply 3
You can still go to the music events and not drink but have a great time, and nobody will even know you aren't drinking. They were really fun last year.
Reply 4
Original post by james1211
You can still go to the music events and not drink but have a great time, and nobody will even know you aren't drinking. They were really fun last year.

One more question :smile:
When do you suppose that the Welcome Week activities list will be published/out for 2012?
Reply 5
Original post by lothiriel
One more question :smile:
When do you suppose that the Welcome Week activities list will be published/out for 2012?

The earliest i remember seeing the list last year was after results day ish, so late august.

Enjoy :smile:
Original post by lothiriel
I've looked and I could not find a thread about this. If one has already been created, I apologise.
I'm just wondering what the "welcome week" is exactly? What does it entail? Will there be an excessive amount of drinking? Do you have to drink? What happened last year? Any information would be appreciated!

I'm so excited! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be worried, you won't be the only one not drinking! :biggrin:

Cannot wait to get there now though, Welcome week is gonna be so good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending