The Student Room Group

Sociology AS unit 2 MAY 2012!! (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The exam in Jan 2012 was pretty much easy so expect a hard exam this May.
Reply 81
the may one will be tough i think... i need an A... :frown:
Reply 82
How do you apply 'verstehen' the interpretivist approah of 'understanding' into education and research methods bit ?
Reply 83
What came up in Januarys Paper anyone ? :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Cesar Lecat
25th of May I believe :smile:

thank youu
Reply 85
Has anyone got the Jan 2012 paper?? I need it urgently! Very worried about this exam.

Reply 86
Hey, has anybody recieved any predictions of their teachers yet for may's education paper...HELPP :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Orla369
Hey, has anybody recieved any predictions of their teachers yet for may's education paper...HELPP :smile:

My teacher is useless and said revise everything :angry:. Do you know what came up in jan 2012 because i doubt they will repeat them :smile:
Reply 88
no i dont know what came up on the jan 12 education paper never got to see a copy of it.
Reply 89
Original post by Orla369

I think Marxism
Reply 90
Original post by bkhan
My teacher is useless and said revise everything :angry:. Do you know what came up in jan 2012 because i doubt they will repeat them :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=135275&d=1331124827

Not sure if it works.
Reply 91
Yep , My teacher also stated Marxism to come up.
Reply 92
does anyone have the january 2012 paper for unit 1?
Reply 93
im doing my A2 in June but im resitting this, and trust me guys it really helps to do well on the as course because its a lot harder next year for you lot! i got 84/120 in education last year and to get my place at Durham university i need AAB, at the moment i need 109/120 without a resit... SO DO WELL! but ive been advised by my teacher that marxism is a strong possibility, its not hard to know but you've gotta throw in some neo marxism as well which is Giroux, Willis and possibly Althusser.

also finally from people in my class, two of which got 120/120 UMS they said just learn the textbook/revison guide inside out with studies and key details and you'll be fine. good luck everyone!
Reply 94
predictions??
Original post by matthewhernon
Anybody here doing Health instead of Education?

I wish I was :frown:
Original post by Sana210693
How do you apply 'verstehen' the interpretivist approah of 'understanding' into education and research methods bit ?

My teacher said to use it like this:

'Unstructured interviews are beneficial because they allow a deep and meaningful understanding of subjects's feeling (known as Verstehen).'
Reply 97
if lab experiments come up i'll cry :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by TaraBelle
My teacher said to use it like this:

'Unstructured interviews are beneficial because they allow a deep and meaningful understanding of subjects's feeling (known as Verstehen).'
Ahh Thankyou :smile:
Reply 99
does anyone know if these are the questions from january 2012 education paper -

1) what is meant by the term meritocracy

2) suggest three factors within schools that may lead to educational under-achievement of pupils from some ethnic minority groups
(INTERNAL FACTORS

3) outline some of the reasons for gender differences in subject choice

4) using item, assess importance of cultural factors in causing social class differences in educational achievement

5) using item, asses strengths and limitations of using one of following methods for investigating applications and admissions to secondary schools. (the methods are documents OR official statistics)

6) explain what is meant by the hawthorne effect

7) suggest 2 problems of covert participant observation

8) identify 2 sampling techniques used by sociologists in thier research

9) examine the advantages for sociologists in using unstructured interviews in thier research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending