The Student Room Group

AS and A2 Sociology?

Just wanted to know if Sociology AS and A2 is much easier than Psychology?

Currently studying Psychology at the moment - finding it extremely hard (Worse than Chemistry, I'd say) Just wanted to know peoples opinions on Sociology? =]
They're quite similar. The main difference for me is the lack of stats in Sociology. You still have to remember studies and write essays but there wasn't an interest in numbers and you didn't need to do practicals. It may vary a bit depending on the exam board but this was my personal experience. I found Sociology a bit easier due to this but there isn't a huge difference.
Reply 2
Sociology is easier, but I found it quite dull at times. Not sure if you'd find sticking with psychology more interesting
Reply 3
Original post by megan.c
Sociology is easier, but I found it quite dull at times. Not sure if you'd find sticking with psychology more interesting

Been doing Psychology for 2 years.. Too complex and just too many studies to learn.. :/ But thanks anyways! =]
Reply 4
Original post by Ladyliesel
They're quite similar. The main difference for me is the lack of stats in Sociology. You still have to remember studies and write essays but there wasn't an interest in numbers and you didn't need to do practicals. It may vary a bit depending on the exam board but this was my personal experience. I found Sociology a bit easier due to this but there isn't a huge difference.

Owh right.. Was with OCR for a year, then changed to AQA. :/ Too many studies to learn... But thank you anyways! =] Appreciated!
Reply 5
I personally find sociology really tricky to get right. I'm also doing chemistry and Maths so I think it is the essay aspect of it that I don't like, as opposed to the course being 'hard'.
Reply 6
Am enjoying sociology currently have finished my As exams and am keeping it for A2, I do psychology as well and find it interesting buy hate learning it and revising it. I love my humanity subjects and psychology gets a bit to sciency for me, so am dropping it. I would say take Sociology if you enjoy it although its a lot to learn at times its interesting and not hard to get your head around. Although next year one of the papers consists of 2 50markers .. Gulp! should be fine though :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Clover12
Am enjoying sociology currently have finished my As exams and am keeping it for A2, I do psychology as well and find it interesting buy hate learning it and revising it. I love my humanity subjects and psychology gets a bit to sciency for me, so am dropping it. I would say take Sociology if you enjoy it although its a lot to learn at times its interesting and not hard to get your head around. Although next year one of the papers consists of 2 50markers .. Gulp! should be fine though :smile:

Exactly! Psychology get's a bit too much for me :/ But, anyways, thank youu!! =] Haha, thanks for letting me know about the A2 50 marker Q's! I'll make sure I'm prepared! =)
Reply 8
Glad to have been of help :smile: Your welcome hope it all goes well. Btw thats OCR sociology might be a bit diff if you do another exam board. Have fun dumping psychology I know I will! =)
Reply 9
I do both and am just about to do my A2 exams in them next month. They're both hard, quite simply. Sociology seems easier, but to write the essays in the way you're meant to in the amount of time you're given isn't easy at all. There's a lot to remember for both of them, but sociology needs more technique.

(This is dependent on exam board of course, I'm OCR for psychology and AQA for sociology.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending