The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicant Thread for 2013 Entry

I'm surprised this hasn't been made yet. (if it has then please delete this one and refer me to the existing one). Since it was around this time last year the 2012 entry was created, I thought I should make this one.

Is anyone applying for UCL 2013 entry? [specifically Law *winkwink*]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hii!
I'm planning to apply for 2013 entry :biggrin: Except it's for Chemistry :P
I'm actually getting scared already- I see all of this talk about Uni and get butterflies in my tummy! lol

Where else do you plan to apply? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
same physics here. nervous too.
Reply 3
Also planning on doing Physics, or maybe even mathematical physics......I'm bricking it about results day :smile:
Reply 4
2013 UCL wooo! Anyone going to the open day on the 4th? I want to go there so badly but I'm terrified I won't get the 3 A's I need :frown: I'll be applying for French and Spanish btw :smile:
I'm hoping to apply to UCL! Provided I achieve some decent AS grades in August!!! I'm going to the open day on the 4th.... really excited! I'm hoping to apply to English and French, it's not getting the grades which I'm worried about it's the competition !
hey everyone just wondering... you know some uni's will specify what subject they wish you to get an A or A* in (for example economics at UCL and LSE etc says A*AA with A* specifically in maths), is this set in stone so to speak? Or is it merely a guideline? I ask because, say for example I were predicted A*'s in my two other subjects (economics and biology) but only an A for maths, realistically would I still have a chance or will my application be automatically discarded because I fail to meet the A* maths requirement? Thanks.
Reply 7
I really wanted to go to the open day on the 4th- but I'm at a Sutton Trust summer school :frown:
But I am going to UCL for a polymath competition so I'll ask whatever I need to then :P
How did everyone's exams go?
What are the typical AS grades for a UCL applicant?
Hoping to apply for medicine :smile: Taking Bio, Chem, Maths and French and got A's in Jan so hope June exams were good! And I'm going to the open day on the 4th
Reply 9
:smile: I am applying for Information Management for Business for 2013 Entry!! :biggrin:

I am probably not going to the open days because I am going to do the UCL Language Summer School - anyone else doing that :confused:
Reply 10
I have been looking at applying for BSc Economics for 2013 entry but have noticed that a Language at GCSE is required, however I do not possess this. Is there any way I can receive an offer without this? Are there any language foundation courses I can complete in my first year which UCL give out offers based on I complete that? Thanks.
Reply 11
I deffered my entry till 2013 so i guess that makes me a 2013 applicant ? :tongue:
I hold a firm offer for 2012, so anyone who has any questions about the application process, feel free to ask me on here or PM me :smile:

Original post by hellomoto170
hey everyone just wondering... you know some uni's will specify what subject they wish you to get an A or A* in (for example economics at UCL and LSE etc says A*AA with A* specifically in maths), is this set in stone so to speak? Or is it merely a guideline? I ask because, say for example I were predicted A*'s in my two other subjects (economics and biology) but only an A for maths, realistically would I still have a chance or will my application be automatically discarded because I fail to meet the A* maths requirement? Thanks.

If they've stated in their prospectus or on the website that their typical offer is A*AA with the A* in maths, they're unlikely to be flexible on this. This is because, in their experience, candidates need the extra talent or skill they comes with an A* to excel on the course. I'm sure exceptions are made on occasion, in unusual circumstances or when the applicant is particularly strong in other ways, but on the whole they stick to what they've stated.

Original post by JWz
I have been looking at applying for BSc Economics for 2013 entry but have noticed that a Language at GCSE is required, however I do not possess this. Is there any way I can receive an offer without this? Are there any language foundation courses I can complete in my first year which UCL give out offers based on I complete that? Thanks.

You can receive an offer without a language GCSE, however you MUST put in your personal statement why you don't have one. This might be because your school didn't offer it, or because (at the time) there were no requirements by unis for a language GCSE. I would also put in there that you'd be willing to do a half module in a language at UCL should you receive an offer (although if your PS is going to more than one university, don't mention UCL specifically and just say "I would be willing to blah blah blah should it be required by your institution.") If they accept you, they WILL make you do a half module in a language (though you don't have to pass apparently...). Just warning you :P
Reply 13
Biochemistry hopefully if I do get the grades.

Has any one done any work experience related to their chosen area of study?
[scroll] :creep: [/scroll]
Reply 15
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCL_Applicant_Thread_for_2013_Entry

I'll have to get a Mod to change it to 'UCL Applicants Stalking Page 2013' seeing as I am unable to do so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Thinking of applying for stats and management for business, also going for the open day on the 4th :smile:
Reply 17
I'm planning to apply for anthropology, so excited!
Reply 18
Original post by JWz

You also could have done the UCL Language and Study Skills Summer School :eek:

This is what I am doing because I do not have the language requirement, it will make up for it. This is the first year it is being held, but do not worry its for both Year 12s and 13s and will possible open next year, just do it then :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Kavalier
I'm planning to apply for anthropology, so excited!

i've firmed UCL for anthropology for 2013 (deferring a year :smile:)

if you need any help with the entrance essay let me know! i'll be happy to help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending