The Student Room Group

5ft girls - how much do you weigh?

Hey.

I'm 5ft tall and I weigh 8 and a half stone. Clothes size 10-12. I've got a curvaceous figure with a 30FF chest so my proportions are OK. But I'd feel happier with some weight off.

I have PCOS which means I have metabolism problems and difficulty shifting weight. But I've been diagnosed recently so I'm excited to cut out refined carbs and hopefully see some results. The lowest I've been is just under 8 stone, but even then I still felt like I would have looked better slimmer.

I really want to get weight loss into gear, get healthy and get my bust down a bit. I was wondering how much do other girls of a similiar height to me weigh and how do they feel at that weight? I want to be slim but still shapely. Not skinny and childish looking as I'm short anyway.

Fellow five-footers, please reply!

Scroll to see replies

if you are worried about your weight try a BMI calculator.
I know my BMI -it's healthy. This isn't what I asked for. I asked for other girls who are of a similar height to me to share their weight and tell me if they felt content with it. Even though my weight is healthy, I still feel I could look better.
I am 5 foot and fluctuate from about 7 stone 12 to 8 stone... I'm happy enough I guess
Original post by honeyandlemon
I know my BMI -it's healthy. This isn't what I asked for. I asked for other girls who are of a similar height to me to share their weight and tell me if they felt content with it. Even though my weight is healthy, I still feel I could look better.

Thanks for the neg i was just trying to help *cries*. NOW EVERYONES SAD
Reply 5
I weigh 84 kg, 6ft and a guy. Hope that helped.
Reply 6
I'm 5'1, size 6-8 and weigh a little under 7 stone, which is strange because I have a pretty flabby belly ahha. I think this gives me an "underweight" BMI but I feel healthy and happy enough. Bigger boobs would be nice though :wink:

Edit: lolz why was I negged? </3
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
5 ft 2, 9.4 stone + happy
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Good grief.

I'm 5"6 and 7st 7... my bones must be made out of sponge or something.
Reply 9
My weight usually sits between 7 1/2 and 8 stone. I'm happy with my weight, just got a bit of a belly which I want to get rid of!
Reply 10
I'm 5ft and I used to weigh around the 9 stone mark and be a size 10/12.I'm much much bigger now though :frown:.
Reply 11
I'm about 7st.... not particularly unhappy with my weight, but I am borderline underweight so could do with putting some on (preferably around half a stone so I can get back up to a previous weight).
Reply 12
Original post by honeyandlemon
Hey.

I'm 5ft tall and I weigh 8 and a half stone. Clothes size 10-12. I've got a curvaceous figure with a 30FF chest so my proportions are OK. But I'd feel happier with some weight off.

I have PCOS which means I have metabolism problems and difficulty shifting weight. But I've been diagnosed recently so I'm excited to cut out refined carbs and hopefully see some results. The lowest I've been is just under 8 stone, but even then I still felt like I would have looked better slimmer.

I really want to get weight loss into gear, get healthy and get my bust down a bit. I was wondering how much do other girls of a similiar height to me weigh and how do they feel at that weight? I want to be slim but still shapely. Not skinny and childish looking as I'm short anyway.

Fellow five-footers, please reply!

From experience, you'd be much better forgetting the number on the scale and just concentrating on making better food choices (like eliminating refined carbs!) and exercising more. If you already have hips/a bum etc they won't disappear much if you lose fat - you will still be in proportion, just smaller overall.
Go with how you feel/what you see in the mirror rather than some arbitrary number on the scales - other girls at your height may have more muscle/different bone density that means they weigh more or less than you, so I don't know if asking what others weigh is a great indicator.
This is a decent blog post about how looks/numbers can be deceiving to health, albeit from a large/heavy person's point of view. Still an interesting read, though.
5'1, weigh 8 and a half stone, size 8.
happy with my weight, would possibly like to be a little lighter, but i have a fair amount of muscle which i guess contributes to it. :smile:
5'4" around 8 stone
OP what you want to do is find out your bodyfat %. That way you then can set a goal of how much fat you want to get rid of and at the same time what level you want to achieve whether it is a normal amount, or an athletic amount of bodyfat.

Original post by Becca
From experience, you'd be much better forgetting the number on the scale and just concentrating on making better food choices (like eliminating refined carbs!) and exercising more. If you already have hips/a bum etc they won't disappear much if you lose fat - you will still be in proportion, just smaller overall.
Go with how you feel/what you see in the mirror rather than some arbitrary number on the scales - other girls at your height may have more muscle/different bone density that means they weigh more or less than you, so I don't know if asking what others weigh is a great indicator.
This is a decent blog post about how looks/numbers can be deceiving to health, albeit from a large/heavy person's point of view. Still an interesting read, though.

If they have more muscle, it'd be obvious to see in images. Bone mass is just as much an excuse as "baby fat" or "genetics".
That blog is shocking. She clearly is rocking a dangerous amount of fat and in denial about it. "Oh but I'm a weight lifter" Well thats not gonna stop plaques is it? Her bodyfat is in the obese levels. If we consider Coleman, a 5"11 8 time Mr Olympia winner weighs around 20 stone depending on what time of the season it is, this blog is as good as promoting unprotected sex and smoking because the person managed to get away with dangerous practices.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
I'm 5'5" and usually about 58kg. I'm quite athletic so have a fair bit of muscle. Around a size 8-10. I think weight doesn't really mean that much - if you look and feel right, then you're probably a fine weight.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm 5 foot 2 and weigh about 7 and a half stone. I'm happy with this but my mum keeps saying I look too thin :frown: ok BMI though!
I'm 5'2, about 9.5 stone and a size 8. I feel deceptively heavy compared to most people who've posted here (and a lot of the girls I know actually :s-smilie:).
I´m 4 foot 10 and weigh about 48kg- so about 7 stone 6 but i still want to lose some more.
To be honest it sounds as though you look okay, nothing wrong with curves.
It´s a pain being small though because it means you gain wait so easily and it´s difficult to shift. If I was two inches taller I think I´d be happy with my weight.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest