The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shilling
Just got back from visiting Durham and York.

We are in the Easter holidays now aren't we?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
college?
shilling
York was nice enough, but I LOVED Durham!!!
Have just accepted it as my firm via the internet!
Can't wait for October - see you all there - xxx :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

yey! welcome to the durham massive! (haha i just said that out loud and it sounds really stupid when said by a white un-hiphop girl lol)
Reply 4
interiority
:biggrin: :biggrin: Yay! I felt the same way after my visits.

I so wish I'd been to the open days. According to what the woman in the English department said, they must have been great....but never mind - I now have all the sheets everyone was given. How weird is it to have the our reading list already? *squeal of excitement*
Reply 5
AveHan
college?

St Mary's....and I really liked it. Okay, well I liked the buildings and location etc., there weren't any students there, so that was the only impression I could get of the place. But the few people I did get to talk to were all super super friendly.

(Oh and Aidens is just up those steps...so I'll come up and try and find you in freshers week Kate :smile: )
shilling
St Mary's....and I really liked it. Okay, well I liked the buildings and location etc., there weren't any students there, so that was the only impression I could get of the place. But the few people I did get to talk to were all super super friendly.

(Oh and Aidens is just up those steps...so I'll come up and try and find you in freshers week Kate :smile: )

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad u loved it, aren;t the english dept people so impressive?! yayayayay, now i just have to pluck up the courage to accept Durham....:rolleyes:
Reply 7
serendipity
Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad u loved it, aren;t the english dept people so impressive?! yayayayay, now i just have to pluck up the courage to accept Durham....:rolleyes:

Oooh...I thought you already had! Go for it - if for no other reason, then do it because I want to already know somebody when I go there. (I'm just so persuasive, I know).
I've just been going through the booklist....if you come, we can...ermmm...read through the entire King James Bible together? - Hey if that doesn't make you want to come to Durham with me, nothing will!
Reply 8
shilling
York was nice enough, but I LOVED Durham!!!
Have just accepted it as my firm via the internet!
Can't wait for October - see you all there - xxx :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

yeah, i thought they were the best 2 i applied to, durham is my firm offer and york the insurance
Reply 9
cobra01977
yeah, i thought they were the best 2 i applied to, durham is my firm offer and york the insurance

For what subject? (sorry if you've already said this elsewhere)
Reply 10
shilling
For what subject? (sorry if you've already said this elsewhere)

I have, but i dont mind repeating, Firm - st aidens college durham for chemistry (MChem) and Insurance - york Chemistry (MChem)
Reply 11
cobra01977
I have, but i dont mind repeating, Firm - st aidens college durham for chemistry (MChem) and Insurance - york Chemistry (MChem)

Oooh, goody - another future neighbour! :smile: Well, I look forward to meeting you...*winning smile*
Reply 12
shilling
Oooh, goody - another future neighbour! :smile: Well, I look forward to meeting you...*winning smile*

Its scary, at my college 5/6 of the people i know goin to durham are goin to st aidens and they're all at my college, then theres a few people on here
Reply 13
cobra01977
Its scary, at my college 5/6 of the people i know goin to durham are goin to st aidens and they're all at my college, then theres a few people on here

Do you like the idea of having old friends going to the same uni as you, or would you prefer a "fresh start", as it were?
Reply 14
shilling
Do you like the idea of having old friends going to the same uni as you, or would you prefer a "fresh start", as it were?

Well i think you get the best of both worlds, you know some people intially so your not completly alone and i think its easier to make friends like that rather than being competley alone, but i really will miss my best friend :frown:
Reply 15
Hi my name is Lydia and Ive accepted a place at university college to study physics in october. Im really excited and totally agree about it being fantastic. What a great place, im from london and its so different but in a gd way. The girls looking after me though took me out drinking on the night b4 interview though....I was in an awful state 4 it! :tongue:
Reply 16
It's so much better starting afresh, in my opinion. If you know people you'll almost definitely stay with them for the whole of Fresher's Week, and not meet many others. If you're just thrown into it, although it's a little scary, you'll be forced to talk to other people. So I think just going for it is much more rewarding in the long run.
Reply 17
interiority
I plan to spend the first weeks making new friends... Part of the excitement/scariness of going away:smile:

Too true, sister.
Reply 18
interiority
Schmooze and crooze, my friend.

We's too cool for school... or Durham Colleges.
Reply 19
interiority
Or the country. Or the planet.

Rock on, biznitch.

P.S. See how quickly our disturbances have detracted from the thread title, yet again? We are advocates of anarchy, the footsoldiers of communism, with keyboards as our weapons!!!
Our mission: Purge the UKL boards of all those who adhere to the thread titles.
Our means: Type vague and self-congratulatory messages to one another.
The result: Inexplicable moral contentment.

Latest