My teacher gave us this link, its OK:

http://www.geocities.com/revisecomputing/
Reply 2
well im just revising from the pat heathcote book

just doing validation and verification now

good luck with the revision

:smile:
Reply 3
have you done the exam papers on the aqa site, when i did cpt2 last year i did them all and did well in my exam.
Reply 4
This website is quite good for notes for all of the CPT modules.

Click here if you just want CPT2

Enjoy!
Reply 5
Nekokat
have you done the exam papers on the aqa site, when i did cpt2 last year i did them all and did well in my exam.

YES! I am about to do CPT2 for the 3rd time on Thursday! I re-did both CPT1 and 2 in Jan. Thankfully got 90/105 for CPT1 but I actually went DOWN on CPT2 and only just scrapped a D :mad:

I really dislike this module, God knows how I am gonna manage CPT5 which is in 2 weeks. Happy place, keep smiling...
Reply 6
rahmara
well im just revising from the pat heathcote book

just doing validation and verification now

good luck with the revision

:smile:

Pat heathcotes son, rob heatcote teaches me computing at school :biggrin:
Reply 7
Nekokat

Yep I reckon this is the best form of revision too because you get a feel for types of questions that always come up so it really helps! I've been doing this all week and found it does become easier.
Reply 8
Didnt you notice that January exams for CPT1 and CPT2 were a bit different? Like the styles of questions were totally different from previous years!! I heard that the Chief Examiner for AQA Computing changed last year, hence the change in styles of questions.... So, what do we do now..?
Reply 9
Singh_87
Didnt you notice that January exams for CPT1 and CPT2 were a bit different? Like the styles of questions were totally different from previous years!! I heard that the Chief Examiner for AQA Computing changed last year, hence the change in styles of questions.... So, what do we do now..?

Yes, you're right it did change. But CPT1 was right up my street (went up 30 marks) because I am good at programming but CPT2 was horrible :frown:
Reply 10
I've just been doing past papers, but I agree that it may be a little futile due to how different the papers were in January...
Reply 11
jazznaz
I've just been doing past papers, but I agree that it may be a little futile due to how different the papers were in January...

This Jan :O what were the papers like in comparison with past ones then?
Reply 12
There was a bigger emphasis on programming and techniques.

I remember one question on CPT1 was along the lines of:

Name an outpt file from an assembler (other than an assembled executable file)

Or something like that... :O

There was another question (the last one I think) that asked you to write some programming code to do something or other (I can't remember exactly what they asked) in a programming language that you were familiar with.

And our teacher had told us how extremely unlikely that was, because all questions in the past had only ever required knowledge of psudeocode.
Reply 13
jazznaz
There was a bigger emphasis on programming and techniques.

I remember one question on CPT1 was along the lines of:

Or something like that... :O

There was another question (the last one I think) that asked you to write some programming code to do something or other (I can't remember exactly what they asked) in a programming language that you were familiar with.

And our teacher had told us how extremely unlikely that was, because all questions in the past had only ever required knowledge of psudeocode.

What was CPT2 like, is that different from past papers too? *Prays that they are*
If they ask me to write a complex piece of code I'm screwed! Argh!
Reply 14
Heh, I only did CPT1 in January, I'm doing CPT2 for the first time on Thursday. :smile:
Reply 15
Thanks for these sites guys, they're a big help :biggrin:
Reply 16
Im not sure what CPT2 was like either as I did not sit the exam, but CPT1 was deffinitely a surprise...I also imagine, alot of people struggled with the exams in January due to the change in styles, and the grade boundaries must have been lowered (I got an A!)...but now, as it wont be a surprise now, they might not lower the boundaries so much, if at all ! Im not sure...but Im not looking forward to it... :frown:
Reply 17
its really strange but in all my a levels, my worst marks are for the first modules, ive resat and everything but cant seem to get the grade i want, i ended up getting nearly full marks on cpt3 and getting an a on cpt2 and a b overall because my cpt1 was a low c.
From my paper i sat, i remember everyone was so happy coming out from the exam because the paper made sense, and i dont really think its fair changing the examiner because then you end up doing all the practice papers and seeing that 1 or 2 topics are big, get to the exam and theyre not on the paper.
Reply 18
are any of u guys panicking about thursday or have it all prepared 4...btw that site some posted is well good. Breaks everything down ... the book is also good
manutd2k
are any of u guys panicking about thursday or have it all prepared 4...btw that site some posted is well good. Breaks everything down ... the book is also good

It is never good to panic, going into the examination with a positive mindset, knowing that you have revised to the best of your ability will ensure that you are tackling the questions with confidence. Which is key in not becomming overwelhmed by the whole situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending