The Student Room Group

GCSE: MEDC-Japan

'Choose a manufacturing industry/or area in an MEDC

1) Describe its location
2) Explain the main reasons for its location
3) Describe any changes or problems facing that industry or industrial area..

Could anybody answer this question please, Its seriosuly ergent, please answer the question using Japan - Panasonic as the manufacturing industry and I will be the most happiest person alive!

please help as i've been trying to all day, I can no longer ask my teacher for help and its basically very ergent!! - google really hates me too :frown:
Reply 1
Thingyguyy
'Choose a manufacturing industry/or area in an MEDC

1) Describe its location
2) Explain the main reasons for its location
3) Describe any changes or problems facing that industry or industrial area..

Could anybody answer this question please, Its seriosuly ergent, please answer the question using Japan - Panasonic as the manufacturing industry and I will be the most happiest person alive!

please help as i've been trying to all day, I can no longer ask my teacher for help and its basically very ergent!! - google really hates me too :frown:

No offence, but it's spelt "urgent" not "ergent" ... sorry that's about as far as I can help you!
Reply 2
Help :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 3
tra la la, still no help, thx people!
Reply 4
Thingyguyy
tra la la, still no help, thx people!

Does it HAVE to be Japan? If not I can help with UK examples....
Reply 5
Well the question is for MEDC's and it says (non-eu) so no it can't... otherwise I would infact do nissan or something.

Still need the help people ^^^ plz :frown:
Reply 6
Thingyguyy
Well the question is for MEDC's and it says (non-eu) so no it can't... otherwise I would infact do nissan or something.

Oh sorry, I can't really help then. Perhaps I could give u some generalised statements which u could get a mark for.
Reason for location:
- middle of it's main market
- good road network - easy transportation of goods
- near to a city, providing a large workforce
Problems:
- faces competition

Sorry I can't be anymore specific, I don't know the case study!
Reply 7
Thingyguyy

Have you not got a textbook with that specific example in it? I can't see why it has to be so particular unless that specific Panasonic eg is specified in your syllabus. Which syllabus do you do?
Reply 8
OCR, its come up in previous papers so i thought i best learn about it.

My David Waugh txt book doesn't provide information about it though :frown:
Reply 9
Thingyguyy

Well maybe they have changed the syllabus since then, so the chances are u don't need to know that specific area's case study now otherwise ur teacher would have taught u it! Don't worry anyway cos u get a choice of questions, so just don't pick that one!
Reply 10
Thingyguyy

So what manufacturing industry does your textbook provide? Use that one if neccessary!
Reply 11
Geogger
So what manufacturing industry does your textbook provide? Use that one if neccessary!

Well my teacher insisted on me doing about the kensai region and electronics (panasonic)

But could I use a transnational company such as Mazda or Ford to answer that question do you think?
Reply 12
Thingyguyy
Well my teacher insisted on me doing about the kensai region and electronics (panasonic)

But could I use a transnational company such as Mazda or Ford to answer that question do you think?

Yep I think u could!
Reply 13
kieshaxxx
Yep I think u could!

As long as the manufacturing bit was out of Europe AND you have enough info on the 3 aspects you have to answer