The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities.
It's beyond my reach though, both gradewise and money-wise. Not to mention, they don't even offer business at an undergraduate major, which is what I want to study. Maybe for postgraduate study, eh?
Coventry Uni. And guess which is my firm?

And guess which is my insurance?

:biggrin:
Reply 62
elevatorlove
Standford, because I've always wanted to be there for its reputation and location - San Franciso is one of my favourite cities.
It's beyond my reach though, both gradewise and money-wise. Not to mention, they don't even offer business at an undergraduate major, which is what I want to study. Maybe for postgraduate study, eh?

You mean Stanford - only one 'd' in there.
In England: LSE or Oxford.
Abroad: Harvard.
Reply 64
In England: Cambridge, LSE, UCL. I didn't/couldn't apply to the first two, but I got into the third, and I'm not including it just because I'm going to be there in September, it really was what I was hoping for. The first two might become possibilities if I choose to do a masters anyway.
US: Harvard or Columbia. Harvard because it's an amazing university, and Columbia because it's an excellent university and because it's in NY.

It's a shame about how insanely expensive US university is, I can barely afford uni in London let alone over there. I would have liked to see if they would have accepted me though.
Reply 65
Sans Instutite of Technology :smile:
Tomber
You mean Stanford - only one 'd' in there.

Haha! Yes, and that's why I'm not going there :biggrin:
Reply 67
elevatorlove
Haha! Yes, and that's why I'm not going there :biggrin:

Heh, well now you've got that ironed out its a start I suppose :p:
Reply 68
Cambridge, which was lucky. :smile:
I can honestly say that the university I'm going to UCL is the UK university that I most wanted to go to. If it wasn't for the extorionate accomodation prices it would be my perfect university! Cheesy as that sounds :p:. Even if I did have the grades (4 marks off the 3 A's required :rolleyes: ) I wouldn't have applied to Oxbridge since I don't think the academic pressure and the insulated way of life at these universities would have suited me. If I'd have to choose though It'd be Oxford, I spent quite a lot of time there last year (had a very clever boyfriend!) and it is just a lovely town, very beautiful and a bit more vibrant than Cambridge. If I had the academic ability and the money then Stanford or Columbia would be my ideal universities. Stanford because it's in California, well San Francisco and I could do with some sunshine, and lest we forget it has a great reputation. Columbia because it's in the middle of New York and, well, how awesome would that be?

edit: duh!
Reply 70
An MBA or finance related degree at London Business school. (The actual university is very nice!)
Falmouth
Columbia, Harvard, Yale or MIT - but mostly Columbia because I love NYC

In the UK it would be the AA (Architectural Association).

Of universities that I can actually afford to attend: Oxford and Sheffield. Oxford for the campus and Sheffield for the course (Oxford don't offer architecture). I wasn't a fan of Cambridge - it was so small!
Reply 73
Although I love my firm (Sheffield) to death, if I had the grades it would be Oxford, not sure what college but probably Balliol or Magdalen...

Abroad, the Sourbon (sp?) in France......beautiful!
Oxford, Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Yale. Well, I can dream, right...? :p:
It would have to be St Johns Cambridge, the backs and New Court are just out of this world.
Birmingham doing economics and portuguese. (if anyone has any advice to help me please pm me).
helenavfc

Abroad, the Sourbon (sp?) in France......beautiful!

"La Sorbonne", ouais c'est plutot joli. :wink:
Reply 78
Stanford or MIT in the US. Durham or Cambridge in the UK. I'll probably go to one of them for grad school if I change my mind about the University of Washington.
Reply 79
Excalibur
Oxford, Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Yale. Well, I can dream, right...? :p:

Heh, I thought you preferred Cambridge over Oxford :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending