The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Really hate a compulsory module, what can be done?

I'm a second year student studying Economic History, and most of my modules, particularly the ones I picked, I really enjoy. However, there's one that is just so awful, EH220. Even from before I had the first lecture, it sounded boring as hell but I thought I would give it a chance. The lecture was terrible and I've had a look at the reading list and all the topics on moodle and there is literally not one aspect of the course I find interesting.

The problem is, this course is compulsory for straight Economic History. I have no idea why, because it's not a pre-requisite course for any 3rd year modules or anything, so do you think if I talk it over with my academic advisor, he would let me substitute it for another EH2XX module?

Last year, I also did EC102 and MA100, but I did quite badly and just about passed both of them, but right now I would rather switch to Economic History with Economics and do EC201 because I would find that a lot more interesting and put more effort into it than I would EH220.
Reply 1
LOL
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Suck it up.
Reply 3
Original post by celebretty
I'm a second year student studying Economic History, and most of my modules, particularly the ones I picked, I really enjoy. However, there's one that is just so awful, EH220. Even from before I had the first lecture, it sounded boring as hell but I thought I would give it a chance. The lecture was terrible and I've had a look at the reading list and all the topics on moodle and there is literally not one aspect of the course I find interesting.

The problem is, this course is compulsory for straight Economic History. I have no idea why, because it's not a pre-requisite course for any 3rd year modules or anything, so do you think if I talk it over with my academic advisor, he would let me substitute it for another EH2XX module?

Last year, I also did EC102 and MA100, but I did quite badly and just about passed both of them, but right now I would rather switch to Economic History with Economics and do EC201 because I would find that a lot more interesting and put more effort into it than I would EH220.

try taking AC100 and then you'd know the true meaning of "terrible"
Why do you hate EC220? I'm starting Economics & Economic History this year, and from the title I thought it would have been interesting enough.
Reply 5
Count yourself lucky that you can choose other modules.
Cant choose what i want to do on my course or placement areas!

Quick Reply

Latest