The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 2 Henry VIII

Anybody know which topics are likely to come up on on the 23rd Jan 2012 edexcel history unit 2 henry 8 paper?
Reply 1
hi, do you know how to answer 40mark questions? as i dont know how to structure 40mark qus :frown:
Reply 2
i think foreign policy is going to come up as they haven't asked a question about it since jan 2010
Reply 3
Original post by itszaza
i think foreign policy is going to come up as they haven't asked a question about it since jan 2010

what structure do you follow to write 40 mark questions? do you use PEEL?
Reply 4
Original post by sortedguy
what structure do you follow to write 40 mark questions? do you use PEEL?

Yeah same structure as first question. Remember to use the sources to back your point in question b and use your own knowledge and knowledge of provinence
Reply 5
What topics? I think like you that foreign policy will come up....I'm also thinking Cromwell might for some reason. Just haven't seen many questions on him =/

I suppose a foreign policy could include Wolsey... not sure what the question was for the 2010 paper but could be something like: How far do you agree Wolsey was in charge of foreign policy?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
for the 40 mark question you have to have a clear line of argument and refer back to it throughout your evaluation of the sources...own knowledge also carries a lot of marks

the reformation has to come up maybe how far was it motivated by political or religious factors...however wolsey always features in some way :/
Reply 7
well, for the 40 mark qus....
intro- i agree with question
First and Second Para - Disagree
third, fourth and fifth - agree
conclusion - agree

is that a suitable structure to an essay?
Reply 8
what came up for the exam in january ?
Reply 9
Original post by liltj123
what came up for the exam in january ?

The part B questions were:

Do you agree with the view that the years 1511-24, English successes in foreign policy outweighed the failures?

Do you agree with the view that the dissolution of the greater monasteries was largely driven by financial motives?
Reply 10
does anyone have any idea what questions could arise in this exam on the 22nd May 2012?
would help greatly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest