Huddersfield: conditional 300pts
Nottingham Trent: conditional 280 pts
De Montfort: conditional 260 pts
Coventry: interview 21st Feb
Central Saint Martins: still unknown...

hows every1 else doing? :smile:
Reply 41
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone applied for Product Design in Scotland?
I am Scottish and just applied for:
Product Design BA at Glasgow School of Art
Architecture at GSA
Product design BA at Edinburgh College of Art
Product design Bsc at Dundee
General Art and Design at Dundee

My first choice is Dundee because it is a Bsc but I'm worried that the course won't leave me with as good career prospects as the more prestigious ECA and GSA courses? I have 5As in my Scottish highers and Dundee only requires BBB.
Any ideas?
Reply 42
Which is the most prestigious Bsc Product Design course in the UK? You English guys will know about that? :-)
Reply 43
hmmm to be fair i am not too sure. it mainly is about the amount of connection a university has with other large companies and the uni's course structure.

Brunel and Loughborough are some of the top unis for the BSc i think... but i applied for BA so im not sure. probs better to wait for other ppl to reply in this thread :wink:
Reply 44
update*

Coventry: conditional - CCC

hows every1 else doing?
not long till we start offically picking unis on ucas ^.^'
Original post by 12win12
update*

Coventry: conditional - CCC

hows every1 else doing?
not long till we start offically picking unis on ucas ^.^'

have you visited all these? What's your favourite?
Reply 46
Final year Industrial Design student here at Loughborough if you guys have any questions about the course or design school.
Reply 47
Could you advise how your course was/contact hours, what are your career prospects, what did you have gcse/A levels - hope you don't mind the questions, I have posted in Architecture too about Lower Sixth son who is not quite sure what he wants to do but says he would like something in Art/design, I have not a clue with this area so any info would be greatly appreciated (I have taken a look at Loughborough is it highly regarded/good course?)
Reply 48
Original post by ultimate mashup
have you visited all these? What's your favourite?

Yup i have visited all locations except CSM for interviews. i thought they were all lovely except De Montfort. Probs mainly because of how biased they are for the BA course since they focus too much on BSc.

Huddersfield/Coventry would be your ideal (for me 2bh lol) uni to go to if you are after a place where tutors ACTUALLY care about u. however id say huddersfield is stricter for meeting deadlines which is good.

i think nottingham trent is a bit relaxed in terms of how you work which can make you a bit lazy...

but overall i like Coventry - 1) closer to me home, 2) very friendly and i like their course layout, 3) gd fees since i wont have to pay £9k

hope this helps ^_^'
Reply 49
Original post by studentmum
Could you advise how your course was/contact hours, what are your career prospects, what did you have gcse/A levels - hope you don't mind the questions, I have posted in Architecture too about Lower Sixth son who is not quite sure what he wants to do but says he would like something in Art/design, I have not a clue with this area so any info would be greatly appreciated (I have taken a look at Loughborough is it highly regarded/good course?)

i would say it is best to look on the university's website directly for the course structure/contact time etc. mainly because each varies slightly even if they are the same course.

however subject-wise, they mainly require you to take art or design related course, otherwise a Foundation year.

not sure if this was what you wanted but hope it helps!
Reply 50
*re-bump!*

hows everyone doing?
strange how we never get a flow of posts coming into this thread XD
Reply 51
5/5 offers for BA

huddersfield
nottingham trent - firm
de montfort
coventry - insurance
wolverhampton

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 52
nice 1!

i think im gna pick coventry

but huddersfield is probs my insurance... 2bh its between them or nottingham trent so i dont no... hmmm
Reply 53
Original post by 12win12
Yup i have visited all locations except CSM for interviews. i thought they were all lovely except De Montfort. Probs mainly because of how biased they are for the BA course since they focus too much on BSc.

Huddersfield/Coventry would be your ideal (for me 2bh lol) uni to go to if you are after a place where tutors ACTUALLY care about u. however id say huddersfield is stricter for meeting deadlines which is good.

i think nottingham trent is a bit relaxed in terms of how you work which can make you a bit lazy...

but overall i like Coventry - 1) closer to me home, 2) very friendly and i like their course layout, 3) gd fees since i wont have to pay £9k

hope this helps ^_^'

hi have you got an interview at CSM for product design?
Reply 54
Original post by atsang
hi have you got an interview at CSM for product design?

unfortunately no - got rejected :/
but i know now y they did so so meh :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by 12win12
unfortunately no - got rejected :/
but i know now y they did so so meh :smile:

ohh :/ why is that?
I've got an interview there next week :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by atsang
ohh :/ why is that?
I've got an interview there next week :smile:

thats nice, well basically my sister currently does MA there, n then they talked about how they accessed our portfolios, so they wanted to look at the initial stage more so research, idea generating, etc. not the final thing

mine was kinda... done wrong lol

anyhow good luck! :biggrin: my sis sed the PD course is taught at the top floor of the new CSM building :smile:
Reply 57
Hey!
I'm also going to BA Product Design at either Bournemouth or Ravensbourne (I have offers on both!)

Does anyone have any views on these? :smile:
Reply 58
I've had all my interviews now and had offers from all I personally thought demontfords facility's were awesome but I was unsure if I liked leicester that much tbh Nottingham Trent was also really nice supposedly De montfords design facility is one of the best. I really don't know which one I prefer I need some help in deciding.
Reply 59
Original post by J4TiZzle
I've had all my interviews now and had offers from all I personally thought demontfords facility's were awesome but I was unsure if I liked leicester that much tbh Nottingham Trent was also really nice supposedly De montfords design facility is one of the best. I really don't know which one I prefer I need some help in deciding.

am i a bit late to give advice? lol...
personally i feel, yes, de montforts design facility is probably the best out of all the other unis i have applied for, HOWEVER, i did not like it because of how biased they were for the BA and BSc courses as they have a preference on it. and secondly i was given such a bad impression on my 2nd visit there which made me want to reject them whether they were going to accept me or not.

for nottingham trent, yes i agree that the place is nice, everything is nice. nice basically lol, however i feel that the tutors are probably not going to push you much therefore it would be important to drive yourself forward independently, also i feel that the students work there seem to look very similar which make it seem like students are kind of copying each other but changing it in their own way (sorry if i offend anyone here for saying that but its my opinion). but yea i feel it is lacking a bit of individuality in their work, although i like the sound of the projects they do so think about it.

if you ask me to choose between these 2 unis, nottingham trent it is. i dont personally like leicester much anyway so yea. good luck too!

Quick Reply

Latest