The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I'm finding it so flipping hand to motivate myself.
Any ideas? :/
I don't mind doing maths, like, at all, so at least one thing's good, I suppose. But a string of bad essays in economics and not really knowing how to fix it really knocks your confidence and now I have no motivation to do any work. And I just flipping hate biology more than any other subject that's ever existed because it's so boring!

Any ideas on how to fix, or am I just completely screwed, guys? :/
It's just, I've decided that I'm probably going to firm AR and I really want to get in.

Haha there's alot of Biology in Optometry so you should start forcing yourself to like it!
Just take it easy, take regular breaks and think of the summer :biggrin:
Im finding it hard to motivate myself too. Revision depresses me so much
Reply 661
i m new here in that website .... i m from Pakistan
Reply 662
Original post by kamran700
i m new here in that website .... i m from Pakistan

oh cool... so have you applied for Optometry?.. Which Universities?

All the best
Original post by Rosi M
Haha there's alot of Biology in Optometry so you should start forcing yourself to like it!
Just take it easy, take regular breaks and think of the summer :biggrin:
Im finding it hard to motivate myself too. Revision depresses me so much

I know. I don't mind the tiny bit of stuff we do about the eye though - I really quite enjoyed the whole genetics of colourblindness and rod/cone cell stuff. I just hate ecology with a passion. And all the boring DNA stuff. Bleh.
Reply 664
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I know. I don't mind the tiny bit of stuff we do about the eye though - I really quite enjoyed the whole genetics of colourblindness and rod/cone cell stuff. I just hate ecology with a passion. And all the boring DNA stuff. Bleh.

Hehe your actually lucky you even study the eye at A level! Which board are you? I did OCR, and gosh so boring. Yeah ecology is just depressing. Where did i actually get the will power to sit hours on end revising hedgehogs? :s-smilie:
It'll be worth it though so just keep at it!
and the content at uni is much more so make the most of A levels. There's just alot of pressure for you right now because of uni but at uni the content is ALOT more!
good luck :smile:
Original post by Rosi M
Hehe your actually lucky you even study the eye at A level! Which board are you? I did OCR, and gosh so boring. Yeah ecology is just depressing. Where did i actually get the will power to sit hours on end revising hedgehogs? :s-smilie:
It'll be worth it though so just keep at it!
and the content at uni is much more so make the most of A levels. There's just alot of pressure for you right now because of uni but at uni the content is ALOT more!
good luck :smile:

I'm on AQA. We don't do loads - maybe two pages in the textbook - but knowing more than the teacher was rather fun.

Yeah... I'm not worried about extra content or more work because I think I'll enjoy it more than A-levels tbh.
I still haven't heard from Glasgow Cali and i'm just a wee bit worried. Has anyone else heard?
I haven't either!! Hope they let us know soon - at least we haven't been rejected yet.

X
Omg !!!! Finally got an offer from Cali :biggrin:
Sooooooooo happy ! So surprised as they only conditioned me an int. 2 A, and absolutely no mention of any highers or advanced highers.

I now have so much motivation and hopefully I'll get to study at Cali come September :smile:

Anyone else heard back yet? Gd luck to everyone who applied hope that you got offers you are happy with xxxxxxx:biggrin:
Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
I still haven't heard from Glasgow Cali and i'm just a wee bit worried. Has anyone else heard?

Why would you be worried? There's no need since no-one has posted here yet (aside from hannah) that they have one.
Original post by hannahmac4
Omg !!!! Finally got an offer from Cali :biggrin:
Sooooooooo happy ! So surprised as they only conditioned me an int. 2 A, and absolutely no mention of any highers or advanced highers.

I now have so much motivation and hopefully I'll get to study at Cali come September :smile:

Anyone else heard back yet? Gd luck to everyone who applied hope that you got offers you are happy with xxxxxxx:biggrin:

Congrats! I haven't heard back yet, not holding out much hope since their typical A-level offer is AAB and I'm only predicted ABB...
Well done Hannah!

I got an unconditional yesterday and have confirmed it. So excited
Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
Well done Hannah!

I got an unconditional yesterday and have confirmed it. So excited

Well done, that's amazing :biggrin:
Hopefully see you in September then :smile:
Got a conditional for optometry. Yasss!!!!!!! :biggrin:
But they want an A in higher physics. :frown:
Eek - now I'm worried.x
Original post by Midnightsk010
Got a conditional for optometry. Yasss!!!!!!! :biggrin:
But they want an A in higher physics. :frown:

Was that for Glasgow?
Original post by sgoblin001
Was that for Glasgow?

Yeah :biggrin:
Sounds like they're giving Scottish offers before A-level offers then?
Is anyone still waiting on an offer from city? :s-smilie: Getting a little worried now because i really want to go there and still haven't heard anything since sending my application off in December!
Finally firmed optometry at GCU and insured dispensing at GCU, exciting :biggrin: but scary :s-smilie:
Has anyone else firmed GCU, applied for accommodation yet? X

Quick Reply

Latest