The Student Room Group

I'm the exam fairy, I'll grant you whatever grade you want

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Americaniamh
Dude, telling him your name is Raj isn't going to narrow down the scope by very much. :tongue:

Lol! :biggrin:
I want an A* in Eng lit, and Chem/Bio.
Then I want a pumpkin or whatever comes with them.
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase? :biggrin:
Reply 22
Got my A2 exams coming up. I need 'B's in two of my subjects, and a 'C' in the other (I study History, Govt. & Politics and English Lit, and need BBC to meet my firm choice of History & Politics at Stirling).
I want 10A*s and 3As in my GCSEs. Cheers - I will return the favour :wink:
Reply 24
AAAAB would do nicely.
I got BBCC last year and didn't get into uni, I have BBBB from January resits and I need the French grade to turn into an A so I can get into my first choice. I did my speaking exam today and I think it went okay. I have the writing exam next month. I'm desperate for this A, if I don't get it I'll just die :frown:
Help me Obi-Wan Exam Fairy, you are my only hope.
Reply 27
A 2.1 of any sort will do.
Reply 28
Original post by Clare~Bear
Yes but some people just can't understand some things, no matter how many times they g over it. Yes most of it is just about memorising stuff. But at a-level you do need to understand the concepts. Plus there's only so many hours in the day and if you have a load of exams all close together then it makes it even harder to get the best grades, although some people have stoopid exam timetables but end up with good grades.

If someone doesn't understand the concepts, then that just means that the way they're revising isn't useful for them, you have to remember everyone learns in different ways. The thing is it just takes some people longer to then others to understand that doesn't mean that the people who take longer have a limit below an A/A* they just have to work harder and that's the bottom line.
Reply 29
I think I'm looking at C grades maximum in my Biology & Chemistry, but would love an A in my music pretty please :smile:
A* - English
A - Drama
A - French
B - History

That'd be an ideal world, Fairy!
"otherwise my parents will kill me". Good to know that kids are going to uni for all the right reason, and that they really want it themselves...
Reply 32
Original post by Americaniamh
Dude, telling him your name is Raj isn't going to narrow down the scope by very much. :tongue:

LOOOL i said it so that the so-called "fairy" can pray to God and say "please let raj get grades aab" :tongue: lame i know.
Reply 33
A* in Further Maths please, I need it to get into uni :s-smilie:.
Reply 34
I'm a first year. I just need a pass.
Straight A's please :smile:
Original post by 0range
If someone doesn't understand the concepts, then that just means that the way they're revising isn't useful for them, you have to remember everyone learns in different ways. The thing is it just takes some people longer to then others to understand that doesn't mean that the people who take longer have a limit below an A/A* they just have to work harder and that's the bottom line.

If they don't undertsand then it's not revision - it's the learning that went wrong in some way. Yes a-levels are a lot about independant work but teachers are there for when you struggle with something and don't understand it. If you have useless teacher they might not be able to explain it to you in a way you understand and neither could the textbooks.
4Az... Bio, Chem, Maths and Psycho... :smile: x
Reply 38
If I get the grades for my firm, I will be happy. A* AA :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
I want all A's in chemistry, biology, psychology and physics!

But I would be happy with A's in chem, bio, psychology and a B in phsyics :/

And you can't grant me my wish!

Only revision and God can! (Yes im a christian :smile:)

Prayer helps.

Prayer doesn't help. If it did, then hypothetically everyone could pray before their exams - this would mean that everybody would get a 'good grade', and it would ultimately devalue it and count for nothing. You're welcome. Try revising: that actually helps.

Quick Reply

Latest