The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law: The English Legal System 24th May

So, is anyone else doing this exam?
Which topics is everybody revising and how's revision going?

I'm finding that there's A LOT to learn, even though I'm not revising Funding, or pre-trial procedure in criminal cases, criminal appeals and criminal cases. I'm hoping that 8/12 sections will be enough but it'll just be my luck that they'll come up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im doing this exam ive revised everything apart from judges, appeals and civil cases there really hard :frown:
Reply 2
How have you revised, I haven't even started yet :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by Nas.
How have you revised, I haven't even started yet :confused:

Really the exams in 2 days! lol there are a lot of chapters to learn i just focused on the main ones eg police powers, sentencing, juries, mags, legal profession and bail
Reply 4
I've got like 3 exams this week- after the other. I've totally neglected law because of that stupid biology exam had yesterday.
I resat this in January and got an E! Doing this again now in 2 days and so nervous! I've made all my notes out again, but it doesn't seem to stick in my head. I'm about to start typing all the notes up to review it all again. Is it possible to memorise this all in 2 days? Ive been revising this for ages but keep forgetting the stuff. :frown:
Reply 6
ELS has literally no technique, sources of law had abit of technique from what I gathered. ELS is basically regurgitate knowledge onto the paper
If anyone is struggling with revision, theres a website which has condensed all of AS and A2 law. It's helped me out loads with ELS revision cuz i didnt do too well in it in JAN but im pretty confident with it now! http://www.lawade.co.uk/Lawade.co.uk/Welcome.html check it out, might help!
Reply 8
First time using this so sorry if I do something wrong
Does anybody have any idea whatsoever on like what is likely to come up????????????? :eek::eek:
Reply 9
Original post by Boqore
I've got like 3 exams this week- after the other. I've totally neglected law because of that stupid biology exam had yesterday.

Exactly the same situation for me, haven't even looked at my law book yet, i'd struggle to revise for it because it's just all essays.
I'm leaving out Funding and Criminal courts! Revising everything else.
I've typed up condensed notes for the topics if anyone wants me to send them a topic, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by CuriousSmiles
I'm leaving out Funding and Criminal courts! Revising everything else.
I've typed up condensed notes for the topics if anyone wants me to send them a topic, feel free to ask :smile:

I wouldn't mind some Judiciary and Legal Profession notes if don't mind, I'm still struggling to work out what is necessary and what isn't!
Reply 12
Original post by Meganxxxx
First time using this so sorry if I do something wrong
Does anybody have any idea whatsoever on like what is likely to come up????????????? :eek::eek:

I think Magistrates are going to come up, because I looked at some past papers and they haven't come up for ages but that's just what I think! Police powers seem to come up all the time, as does sentencing (which I dislike!)...

What's everyone revising for civil courts? Track system/appeals/disadvantages?

Exam's tomorrow guys (:O) and I have statistics in the morning and French on Friday, panicking slightly!
is no one on the WJEC? x
Reply 14
I've revised PP, Sentencing, Crim courts, Legal proff and Lay Magistrates/Juries
If anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to help. I got one mark less than an A* in OCR A-level Law, and a first in degree-level ELS.
Reply 16
Cannot be bothered with this exam :tongue:
Reply 17
Any gooooood predictions?????????? personally think magistrates will come up as its always between juries and magistrates and in the january 2012 paper juries came up, how many topics can i drop and not revise at all but still be able to answer four questions in the exam?????? Leaving out funding what else is unlikellyyyy?? Panic mode someone helppp!!!!!
Reply 18
Original post by Sanj Susarla
If anyone is struggling with revision, theres a website which has condensed all of AS and A2 law. It's helped me out loads with ELS revision cuz i didnt do too well in it in JAN but im pretty confident with it now! http://www.lawade.co.uk/Lawade.co.uk/Welcome.html check it out, might help!

This website is amazing thanks a million!
Reply 19
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
If anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to help. I got one mark less than an A* in OCR A-level Law, and a first in degree-level ELS.

Hey i have a question if the question in the exam asks for discuss the adv and dis of say the training of barristers should we do 3 points for and then 3 points against or should we do 3 points with the adv and dis combined into one point??

Quick Reply

Latest