The Student Room Group

f295 people in organisations june 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bigalr
Ah how is f297? I'm doing that as well and I'm really nervous about it! I know it's so stupid because some of the information is limited I find especially on topics such as appraisal and training! But in some places there aren't even any good points! I'm lucky I've got a good teacher who has good notes.
Second time I got a D in January so resitting to hopefully get a D. I resit f292 too as well!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

f297 was and is the most challenging unit out of all business modules. I had to work had to get my grade in it. I already resat f292 in January because I didn't get what I wanted last summer, improved my grade dramatically as well, so was worthwhile resitting :smile:, I don't need much points in People in organisations, but I still want to try get a good grade in it. Where do you study? are you going to uni
Reply 21
Original post by owen1994
f297 was and is the most challenging unit out of all business modules. I had to work had to get my grade in it. I already resat f292 in January because I didn't get what I wanted last summer, improved my grade dramatically as well, so was worthwhile resitting :smile:, I don't need much points in People in organisations, but I still want to try get a good grade in it. Where do you study? are you going to uni

Oh god really? What did you get init? I'm trying to work as hard as I can but it's so challenging it is just a horrible exam it seems! What did you get in your resit for f292? That seems so much easier now! Well I need to get high points in HR and its not too bad of an exam I've realised as long as I don't misinterpret the question!
I study at a sixth form in Powys and am planning to go to Manchester uni to study management and marketing of fashion textiles :smile: what about you?

Reply 22
Original post by bigalr
Oh god really? What did you get init? I'm trying to work as hard as I can but it's so challenging it is just a horrible exam it seems! What did you get in your resit for f292? That seems so much easier now! Well I need to get high points in HR and its not too bad of an exam I've realised as long as I don't misinterpret the question!
I study at a sixth form in Powys and am planning to go to Manchester uni to study management and marketing of fashion textiles :smile: what about you?

I got grade A in f297 (105/120ums). And I went from a low C in f292 to (120/120ums), full marks lol.

In terms of the questions on HR exam, i think the 6 mark 'Analyse one reason why blah blah may have increased' or 'Analyse one benefit of....'. It really pisses me off/confuses me because I can't see how you can possible earn 6 marks for 1point. Especially if there are several other benefits linked to why something may be a benefit. Sorry if thats confusing, you might knwo what I mean. did a couple past papers. The short questions are the hardest in my opinion. The longer questions just depend on your ability to extract all the good parts from the case study.

I am going to study Bsc Economics at Newcastle University! What other subjects do you do?
Reply 23
Original post by owen1994
I got grade A in f297 (105/120ums). And I went from a low C in f292 to (120/120ums), full marks lol.

In terms of the questions on HR exam, i think the 6 mark 'Analyse one reason why blah blah may have increased' or 'Analyse one benefit of....'. It really pisses me off/confuses me because I can't see how you can possible earn 6 marks for 1point. Especially if there are several other benefits linked to why something may be a benefit. Sorry if thats confusing, you might knwo what I mean. did a couple past papers. The short questions are the hardest in my opinion. The longer questions just depend on your ability to extract all the good parts from the case study.

I am going to study Bsc Economics at Newcastle University! What other subjects do you do?

Oh wow fair play! I hoping to get marks as high as that not meaning to sound cocky but I have worked very hard for these business exams and get full marks in my practice ones!

Yes I completely get you! It's so stupid isn't it! Luckily I gained full marks in the six markers in Jan but I know what you mean I just lead onto other factors but I link them all back into the main point to make sure it's all focused on the original point. Yea its not hard as long as you relate it to the case study and relate it to the question and not misinterpret it which I have now learnt. The past papers have been quite mixed I find.

What grades do you need? History and textiles, yourself?

Reply 24
Original post by bigalr
Oh wow fair play! I hoping to get marks as high as that not meaning to sound cocky but I have worked very hard for these business exams and get full marks in my practice ones!

Yes I completely get you! It's so

Sorry negged u by accident misclick, on old iPod ATM, yeah what u say about trying to relate back to your main point is all you cam really do. I'm just trying to nail the knowledge given this exam is like all knowledge nothing else really, and then just use common sense for big markers and talk a load of bull. I study economics business maths, I need AAB for uni and 40ums from HR to get an A overall how bout u
Reply 25
Did trade unions come up in Jan 2012 paper?

Why was that paper was so difficult?

I'm so scared for this exam on Thursday :frown: ..Really hope works councils doesn't come up!
Reply 26
Original post by K.a
Did trade unions come up in Jan 2012 paper?

Why was that paper was so difficult?

I'm so scared for this exam on Thursday :frown: ..Really hope works councils doesn't come up!

Trade unions didn't no I did put a list on the previous page I think! I think they came up in June 2011 about ACAS as well.
Well they couldn't put loads on works councils so don't worry too much!
Well I just found it difficult because the questions asked for specific things and I think a lot of people, me being one of them, misinterpreted them. But as long as you relate it to the question and don't wonder off and explain points you make you'll be fine :smile:

Reply 27
Reply 28
Original post by bigalr
Questions-
Barriers to effective communication
Falling productivity levels
Induction programme
Appraisal
For the last question it was whether or not the business should expand.

I personally found it was a horrible paper and the last question was weird.
Hope this was helpful
:smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by bigalr

Ye that's what I'm aiming to do really! I think I wondered off topic a lot and just hated the way the questions were worded but that's my personal opinion.
Ye well I know all of the knowledge now I think so shouldn't be too hard now! Ye the big questions are basic common knowledge especially the last one just blag the 'other factors'
I'd love to do economics! Is it good? My sixth form doesn't offer it.
Erm AAB too but I'd like 3 A's. I'd love an A* in business as I had the potential to before the Jan exam but I'm aiming for above 80% in both A2 exams to get a solid A.

Economics is so much better than business studies, its in a completely different league tbh. Business is boring and not challenging, pretty much just testing your ability in writing essays. Whereas economics is the opposite, you do essays, but it isnt just writting, loads of analysis, graph drawing etc. I'm on exactly the same overall % for both though. Good luck with your exams
Reply 30
Original post by bigalr
I got a D and I'm meant to be an A student in business studies! What did you get? It was so nasty the questions just baffled me in the exam!

Oh sorry yeah I saw you said earlier now you got a D! I got an E, I got 2 B's in F291 and F292 last year and I was just so confused as to why I got an E this year when I finished in plenty of time unlike last year! The whole of my class at college got mainly E's though, 1 C and a D as well I think, I got my paper back and 30/60 was an E, so I assume the grade boundaries were pretty tough. It has somewhat set me back though, especially as I thought it went ok :s-smilie:
Reply 31
Original post by lou2012
Oh sorry yeah I saw you said earlier now you got a D! I got an E, I got 2 B's in F291 and F292 last year and I was just so confused as to why I got an E this year when I finished in plenty of time unlike last year! The whole of my class at college got mainly E's though, 1 C and a D as well I think, I got my paper back and 30/60 was an E, so I assume the grade boundaries were pretty tough. It has somewhat set me back though, especially as I thought it went ok :s-smilie:

Yeah I got that I got 2 bs in as then I got 32/60 which is a d my overall mark in a2 was an E and now I am retaking it external candidate, so stressed out!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by ameena.milly
Yeah I got that I got 2 bs in as then I got 32/60 which is a d my overall mark in a2 was an E and now I am retaking it external candidate, so stressed out!!!

I can't believe how we can go from B's to like E's :frown: Did you take F297? I've got that coming up as well as F295!
Also, I had a look at F295 from June 2011, and they included the barriers to effective communication in that paper as well as Jan 2012! So best to make sure we don't discount what came up in January!
Reply 33
Original post by lou2012
I can't believe how we can go from B's to like E's :frown: Did you take F297? I've got that coming up as well as F295!
Also, I had a look at F295 from June 2011, and they included the barriers to effective communication in that paper as well as Jan 2012! So best to make sure we don't discount what came up in January!

I know yeah I am doing both too. I got an e in f297 last year but I think it was cause I had
Loads of exams as well

I know I am really stressed out theres only a few days to go!!!!!

I know so do u think communication may come up again?

Thank you

Reply 34
I know yeah I am doing both too. I got an e in f297 last year but I think it was cause I had
Loads of exams as well

I know I am really stressed out theres only a few days to go!!!!!

I know so do u think communication may come up again?

Thank you

Oh I see! I've got loads of exams too so I'm going to prioritise F297 this weekend, I thought F295 would be the better paper but I'm gutted I got an E in it :frown:
Tbh I doubt it will if it has twice in a row, but maybe OCR might include it to be sneaky!
Reply 35
Original post by lou2012
Oh I see! I've got loads of exams too so I'm going to prioritise F297 this weekend, I thought F295 would be the better paper but I'm gutted I got an E in it :frown:
Tbh I doubt it will if it has twice in a row, but maybe OCR might include it to be sneaky!

Yeah I'm going f295 this week then after that exam I am doing f297.

Do u have any ideas of what may Come up for f297

I'm thinking CPA macro economics, market harworth.

Reply 36
Yeah I'm going f295 this week then after that exam I am doing f297.

Do u have any ideas of what may Come up for f297

I'm thinking CPA macro economics, market harworth.

Yeah definitely CPA and market harworth, I reckon something about SLSL expanding online at the expense of stamton or something, or I'm hoping anyway!
Reply 37
Original post by lou2012
Yeah definitely CPA and market harworth, I reckon something about SLSL expanding online at the expense of stamton or something, or I'm hoping anyway!

Has ur teacher gave any ideas?

Thanks

Reply 38
Has ur teacher gave any ideas?

Thanks

My teacher was pretty useless tbh lol! She seemed to think that online is a definite, change in fee structure possible, question on CPA and market harworth.
Although for CPA it's a 'planning tool' she told us to remember the CPA in the case study is based already on a sale of a property
Reply 39
Original post by lou2012

Ye it's ridiculous! How can you go to a D?!?!
I thought mine went okay as well and now I'm just worried its set me back too! I'm so worried now! Ye some
People in my class did pretty bad but there was like 2 A's but I hope it's a
More straightforward paper this time!

Quick Reply