The Student Room Group

2 PCs murdered in Manchester

Sadly two police officers were murdered in Tameside whilst responding to a call of shots fired. They paid the ultimate price whilst serving the public, puts Uni in perspective for me at least.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19635239

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was one murdered one injured :frown:

Was nearby when this happened. Horrible, gun crime up here seems worse than down south.
Reply 2
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I thought it was one murdered one injured :frown:

Was nearby when this happened. Horrible, gun crime up here seems worse than down south.

One died at the scene and another was taken to hospital with injuries. She later died too though. :frown:
Are there like Gun warehouses in Manc-land or something? Every other week seems to be gun attack, London had none of this :'(

Edit: I will never understand why people neg rep :unimpressed:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
but the UK has strict gun control laws. How is it that criminals manage to get their hands on guns?
Original post by TimHuak
but the UK has strict gun control laws. How is it that criminals manage to get their hands on guns?

Same with drugs and other illegal items but the streets are awash with them. If there is demand, there is profit to be made unfortunaly. :frown:
Reply 6
This news is truly distressing. I also question why these criminals have guns? We criticise American for their gun laws, but do we have a problem as well? How many people actually are in possession of a firearm in the United Kingdom? All questions that need to be asked.
Original post by eff01
This news is truly distressing. I also question why these criminals have guns? We criticise American for their gun laws, but do we have a problem as well? How many people actually are in possession of a firearm in the United Kingdom? All questions that need to be asked.

We do not have a gun problem on the same scale as America, where they quite literally have shootings everyday.

RIP to the Officers.
Reply 8
Sad day for the police force. RIP
Reply 9
Original post by eff01

There are shootings every year and there have been forever.
Reply 10
The most shocking thing is that the suspect had grenades.. I've heard of shootings being quite "regular" in Britain, but I've never heard any stories about grenades being used.
Surprised they sent 2 unarmed police officers to a guys house who has previously been incarcerated for killing someone with a grenade.

Hope he's never freed. Looks like a right crazy ****er.
Reply 12
Original post by TimHuak

The UK has strict drug laws...how is it that kids get hold of weed and MDMA?
Original post by cowsforsale
Surprised they sent 2 unarmed police officers to a guys house who has previously been incarcerated for killing someone with a grenade.

The cynic in me would suggest it's an attempt to regain some public sympathy for the police after all the Hillsborough stuff.
Original post by cowsforsale

Original post by Slick Fosbury
The cynic in me would suggest it's an attempt to regain some public sympathy for the police after all the Hillsborough stuff.

I do not think there is anything to suggest that the officers were sent to the house in the knowledge that Cregan was present. Further, cowsforsale, Cregan was wanted but had not been imprisoned.

Latest news suggests that the officers were sent to investigate a burglary - we have already been told that the house had been empty for some time.

I think that it is quite a nasty allegation to suggest that this incident was orchestrated in order to take some of the heat of the police service after the Hillsborough revelations.
Original post by InnerTemple
II think that it is quite a nasty allegation to suggest that this incident was orchestrated in order to take some of the heat of the police service after the Hillsborough revelations.

I think the Hillsborough revelations were nasty enough that nothing should be put past the police.
Reply 16
I think the Hillsborough revelations were nasty enough that nothing should be put past the police.

I think you're quite clearly full of **** and are using two murders to push forward your own political agenda.
Reply 17
This is tragic :frown: Two caring officers who were only doing their job had to go in such a brutal way.

My thoughts and condolences to their loved ones. May they rest in peace.
Original post by Norton1
I think you're quite clearly full of **** and are using two murders to push forward your own political agenda.

Yeah because I'm obviously going to have loads of evidence for this aren't i?

Like I said, it's just a cynical thought. Not saying it happened, but there's a possibility. More people should consider it.
Reply 19
Yeah because I'm obviously going to have loads of evidence for this aren't i?

Like I said, it's just a cynical thought. Not saying it happened, but there's a possibility. More people should consider it.

By that logic, we should believe that Bush orchestrated the twin towers, aliens make crop circles, and psychic Sally is actually psychic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending