The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Flicking through the calendar, it's interesting to see that there's a bit less on this year in the way of club nights during freshers. Club Neon, the one truly good UCL club night (intermittent over the last couple of years!) has moved to Fabric, well jel.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2361
Original post by rockrunride
Flicking through the calendar, it's interesting to see that there's a bit less on this year in the way of club nights during freshers. Club Neon, the one truly good UCL club night (intermittent over the last couple of years!) has moved to Fabric, well jel.

Is Neon really that good? I've only gone when it was at Fire; didn't like it at all.
Reply 2362
Fresher here, and haven't bought any tickets =$ Feeling like I need to buy tickets now or they'll sell out, even though I know nobody who may be going to any of them...
Would they really sell out before I move into halls on Saturday? And what events do you lot recommend? Is the school disco good and is freshers ball at ministry worth the 20 quid?
Original post by lilys
Is Neon really that good? I've only gone when it was at Fire; didn't like it at all.

I think it needs a compact burrowy club like Heaven rather than a vast cavern like Fire. It was so good at Heaven (for me the original venue)! It's at Fabric now so worth a punt, at least before term starts properly and everyone heads back to Roxy on Wednesdays.
I need some inside information here guys .. Is there anyway I could get like 10 club neon tickets ? I know I sound like a total noob , asking this .uclu online only allows 2 tickets per person . Do you reckon I could get more if I were at the quad during the freshers events ?

Cheers :colondollar:
It says "permanent leaver" on mine, but that's for obvious reasons :moon:
Original post by JoannaMilano
*cough*currenstudentschatthread*cough* :biggrin:

I'm the OP, I get eternal rights to this thread :smug:

:getmecoat:
Reply 2367
Original post by sheeesh
Is everyone who's a home student still "time-limited enrolled" on Portico? I had problems with the Student Loans company notifying UCL about paying my tuition fees last year, and wanted to know if i'm going to be having the same problem again

I have the same status as you (EU student though but on loan from slc); I spoke to the Fees Office and they said we need to wait till at least next Monday as SLC will probably send them a loooong list of students they sponsor. This shouldn't affect you in any way, though - I would start worrying in the second week of Oct.
Original post by Dumb Economist
:eek:.... YOU STILL AROUND

lol not really, how have u been?
Any fresher's here? i'm communting up and doing psychology part-time. I cannot beleive there isn't like a fresher's chat thing here lol
Original post by camicakes1993
Any fresher's here? i'm communting up and doing psychology part-time. I cannot beleive there isn't like a fresher's chat thing here lol

Welcome to the coveted currents' chinwag centre. Not actually sure why I'm still here as I'm an alumnus as of a fortnight ago, but welcome to UCL!

For all your fresher chat needs...
Reply 2371
rockrunride, why don't you just start an alumni thread? :smile:
Original post by Ivanka
rockrunride, why don't you just start an alumni thread? :smile:

I did. No bugger replied. It seems that most people use TSR when they're in education whether compulsory, further or higher, and mods and subs are the only people that stick about. In other words, it'd basically just be me and paddy!
lol just started work in a pub in bloomsbury. see you all at freshers :colone: (apart from the non drinkers obv)

not been here in ages :zomg: so glad to be back.
Reply 2374
Do we have to get a new student id card every year?
Reply 2375
Nope.

I'd post in the alumni thread. Just I don't really have anything to post.

This is a good post
i wouldn't go to a student night at fabric, in fact i can't think of anything worse. FWIW i didn't go to any club nights during freshers week and i was fine, loads of people didnt. they're all ridiculously overpriced and will probably have ****e music
Original post by littleshambles
i wouldn't go to a student night at fabric, in fact i can't think of anything worse. FWIW i didn't go to any club nights during freshers week and i was fine, loads of people didnt. they're all ridiculously overpriced and will probably have ****e music

Out of interest, what did you do instead? I've only brought a ticket for the Fiesta (more out of obligation than anything tbh) and I'm not sure I'll buy anything else...
Hey everyone, I'm a fresher at UCL. was just wondering if you guys know a quiet spot on campus where I can study, besides the library? Thanks in advance!
Original post by minhzizou
Hey everyone, I'm a fresher at UCL. was just wondering if you guys know a quiet spot on campus where I can study, besides the library? Thanks in advance!

The Science Library. The Medic Library. All of UCL's other libraries. The Senate House Library (Definitely reccomended)

What? That's what libraries are for!

Mully's basement bar when it's not being used for anything? The sleeping area in the Social Study Space? Empty Lecture Theatres if no one sees you go in, and you make sure they'll stay empty. There are a bunch of computer rooms around if that's helpful; first floor of 25 Gordon Street is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending