The Student Room Group

Virgin Media Telephone Interview

To all this might be of help to.

I know when I had a few telephone interviews I was searching around the internet for help so, I'm just going to give those people just like myself some tips and guidance on what sort of questions might be asked.

Firstly they will ask you to confirm your name and address. They will then go on to explain what the role applying for entails. The role I applied for was "Customer Complaint Advisor"

Questions:

"Can you explain a time when you made a commitment?"
"When was the last time you worked in a team?"
"When was the last time you gave great customer service?"
"Can give me a detailed time when you've had to deal with an angry customer?"
"When have you gone that extra mile for a customer?!"
"Can you describe a time when you disagreed with an opinion or issue"?
"Can you tell me a time when you had to make a quick decision?"

I hope that helps potential employees!
Reply 1
Ah, I have a telephone interview with Waitrose tomorrow. I guess I can expect something along these lines, cheers mate!
I got through the phone interview and they have called me for a personal round in 2 days.. Can anyone here please tell me how that interview goes and what i can expect ???/ Any help would be appreciated,., thanks!!! :biggrin:
Judging from my experience of Virgin Media Customer Services, they will take anyone, regardless of intelligence or experience. You'll be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by aftabkhan812
I got through the phone interview and they have called me for a personal round in 2 days.. Can anyone here please tell me how that interview goes and what i can expect ???/ Any help would be appreciated,., thanks!!! :biggrin:

hi,
would you be able to give me a few questions u got asked?and what you said for them please?
I have an interview tomorrow morning.
thanks
Reply 5
Original post by aftabkhan812

I have a telephone job interview at Virgin in tommorow as retail sales executive.
Can you pls tell me the type of questions I should be expecting. Thanks
Hi,
I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

I found some references on this subject, please refer to everyone here: Media interview questions
Best regards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I know this thread is really old but was on here the other day and I may not be the only one who is still interested in finding out the answer to this question.

The telephone interview is competency based they asked question like 'can you think of a time when you sold something to a customer with objections' ect EASY! If u don't have the experience wing it. Tell them what u would do.

Next step face to face
Same thing competency based interview and role play. I had to sell an experience day. Ask questions, what sort of thing would u normally do in you down Tim ect get to know them think about there budget. But if u dont manage well under pressure be sure to reflect and say where u went wrong and how u will improve next time. Important: Read the brief thoroughly.

Then you've got the job. Contracts to sign pre employment checks crb check n financial probity check which I am worried about but ill keep u posted on the outcome.

Overall it has been a positive experience minus a few hiccups along the way. Virgin media seem like a great company to work for with great benefits decent pay n as far as I've met really nice down to earth staff and I cannot wait to start!
Good luck everyone!!
Reply 8
Hello,

I just passed my telephone interview. But it's been 3 days and i haven't heard from them about the face to face interview yet. Could you please tell me how many days it took for you?

Thank you a lot.
Hello,

I am having an telephone interview with virgin media on venue sales executive. Please who knows what i should be expecting during the interview.

Thank you a lot.
Hi there, I came across your question and wondered how you got on with the telephone interview with Virgin media? I have one today Could you help me with what to expect, thank you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending