The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

hey guys,

can anyone pass on a link for continuing students, im going to start second year in 2009. I found a link , but it did'nt open the file :/
thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 121
lemoncake sucks
hey guys,

can anyone pass on a link for continuing students, im going to start second year in 2009. I found a link , but it did'nt open the file :/
thanks in advance! :smile:

are you looking for the paper form?
kaytee.
are you looking for the paper form?

yep, to print off and fill in.
If i click the link for the forms for those who are starting first year it opens, :/ but not for continuing students!
Reply 123
lemoncake sucks
yep, to print off and fill in.
If i click the link for the forms for those who are starting first year it opens, :/ but not for continuing students!

I think it's the 4th download down here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/DG_171624

hope this helps :smile:
I errr.... think I have screwed up my application, I can't edit anything! :/

lol that doesn't open :/
Thanks though :smile:
Reply 126
DiamondsAreForever
I errr.... think I have screwed up my application, I can't edit anything! :/

You most probably submitted it, without using the Preview my application link first? If you skipped that bit it automatically gets sent. Perhaps you should email/phone them if anything needs changing. Sorry I can't help you anymore. :s-smilie:
Reply 127
lemoncake sucks
lol that doesn't open :/
Thanks though :smile:

opened for me, oh well :tongue:
EagleHawk
You most probably submitted it, without using the Preview my application link first? If you skipped that bit it automatically gets sent. Perhaps you should email/phone them if anything needs changing. Sorry I can't help you anymore. :s-smilie:

Oh ******* HELL ... thanks anyway. Today is not a good day
Reply 129
DiamondsAreForever
Oh ******* HELL ... thanks anyway. Today is not a good day

Don't worry we all make mistakes. I doubt they will mind at the SLC, just ask them to change stuff and they'll be fine.
It says "course start date" but I don't know that yet because I haven't picked my firm yet! How do I go to the next section?
Reply 131
Redpanda91
It says "course start date" but I don't know that yet because I haven't picked my firm yet! How do I go to the next section?

It should say on your UCAS? On Track? Just pick the earliest date out of all of your applications and that should be fine. It should say "Course Starts" or something similar I can't remember exactly now.
EagleHawk
It should say on your UCAS? On Track? Just pick the earliest date out of all of your applications and that should be fine. It should say "Course Starts" or something similar I can't remember exactly now.

Hmm well my two possible firms are start dates of 28th September and 1st October, but the 1st October is more likely.. would it matter if I put the 28th Sept?
I just put the 1st of September. That's what the universities tend to list as on UCAS, and I'm sure the Student Finance people will understand that 1st of September just means "I'm not really sure, but definitely 2009 entry"
Reply 134
Redpanda91
Hmm well my two possible firms are start dates of 28th September and 1st October, but the 1st October is more likely.. would it matter if I put the 28th Sept?

I doubt that it would matter at all, and it can also be changed just by a simple phone call in the future. The stuff you input now isn't set in stone. If you make a mistake things can be changed later.
arabstar22
how do you just apply for a maintainance grant

I don't think you can just apply for the maintenance grant. I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

I think they'll add the maintenance grant to your total when you've entered your parent's details. They can't assess whether you even receive one until they have that information!
EagleHawk
I doubt that it would matter at all, and it can also be changed just by a simple phone call in the future. The stuff you input now isn't set in stone. If you make a mistake things can be changed later.

Thanks :smile: Also, how the heck am I meant to know my taxable unearned income for the academic year 2009/2010? That's in the future, and the income I get will be from the SLC!

EDIT: Oh wait EMA doesn't count as income does it? :smile:
Redpanda91
Thanks :smile: Also, how the heck am I meant to know my taxable unearned income for the academic year 2009/2010? That's in the future, and the income I get will be from the SLC!

No, that's not right. Unearned income is things like interest on savings, money made from renting property etc. Your student loan is NOT unearned income, nor is any other money you get from the SLC. So if you have savings then you need to work out the interest you'll earn on them in the 2009/2010 year, and write that down.
Joanna May
No, that's not right. Unearned income is things like interest on savings, money made from renting property etc. Your student loan is NOT unearned income, nor is any other money you get from the SLC. So if you have savings then you need to work out the interest you'll earn on them in the 2009/2010 year, and write that down.

I have a Building Society Account but it changes all the time, I get EMA put into it and make withdrawals so it's not really savings... Does that count?
Redpanda91
I have a Building Society Account but it changes all the time, I get EMA put into it and make withdrawals so it's not really savings... Does that count?

Yes, it does count. You should be able to get some kind of statement from the building society that will help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending