The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flower269
I dont get them...I got an offer from medical microbiology and rejection from medical genetics...as you said, the requirements are the same, and i got an offer for one of them, so i don't know why i was rejected from the other one. Thats where my question about transfers came from. I would really want to study genetics, microbiology was ma back-up. Do you think its all because of the competition or they just don't want give me 2 offers from the ssame department.

don't stress out, your'e not rejected yet, so you still have a chance to get in, what are your predictions?

I'm predicted A*A*A (Biology, Physics, Chemistry). It's my backup for medicine, which is why I'm freaking out really, obviously I really want to medicine, but if I'm one of the 60% who don't get a medicine offer, or if I don't get AAA, I actually have no clue what I'm going to do, I really want to go to uni next year and clearing seems horrible :s-smilie:.

I asked at the open day if applying with a medicine ps was a big disadvantage and they said not, plus I did talk about genetics quite a bit - I've read quite a bit about some areas and I volunteer for a charity for children with genetic diseases, so I figured they wouldn't be too offended about me blabbing on about how I wanted to be a doctor for the majority of it :colondollar:

I don't know about the 2 offers thing, that worries me too (I've applied for medicine there too). I was told they consider all applications for subjects entirely separately.

Anyone know if Medical Genetics is more competitive than some of the other bio/med sciences at Leicester? It is quite an unusual course I guess, and where better than Leicester for anything genetics related? They did discover genetic fingerprinting there, I wonder if that encourages an unusually high number of people to apply :confused:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by medicinemm
I'm predicted A*A*A (Biology, Physics, Chemistry). It's my backup for medicine, which is why I'm freaking out really, obviously I really want to medicine, but if I'm one of the 60% who don't get a medicine offer, or if I don't get AAA, I actually have no clue what I'm going to do, I really want to go to uni next year and clearing seems horrible :s-smilie:.

I asked at the open day if applying with a medicine ps was a big disadvantage and they said not, plus I did talk about genetics quite a bit - I've read quite a bit about some areas and I volunteer for a charity for children with genetic diseases, so I figured they wouldn't be too offended about me blabbing on about how I wanted to be a doctor for the majority of it :colondollar:

I don't know about the 2 offers thing, that worries me too (I've applied for medicine there too). I was told they consider all applications for subjects entirely separately.

Anyone know if Medical Genetics is more competitive than some of the other bio/med sciences at Leicester? It is quite an unusual course I guess, and where better than Leicester for anything genetics related? They did discover genetic fingerprinting there, I wonder if that encourages an unusually high number of people to apply :confused:

You really don't need to panic, it's only what, 3/4 weeks since you applied? .. as far as I can gauge Leicester isn't on-top of its paperwork currently. You're still early in the admissions process, and have plenty of time to receive an offer. Additionally the fact that you have applied to two different courses at Leicester means they could be considering your application more carefully, and are taking longer looking at it.
Reply 122
Original post by Larsson

Original post by Larsson
I sent my application off on the 28th September, got an offer today for American Studies (4 years) for ABB... first choice :smile:

WOW that's amazing! congratulations :smile:
Got an offer for Law (M100) :smile:
Guess I did stress out too early :tongue:
I got a conditional offer for medical genetics today :biggrin:
Soooooo relieved :colondollar:
Hi,

I sent my application for Law on the 28th Oct. and haven't heard anything, apart from an acknowledgement. Has anyone else applied around that time? Have you guys heard anything?
Offer for English and History yayay
Offer for Geology with Paleobiology Msci with a year in Arizona (AAB) Happy!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
Offer for Maths yeah!!!
Reply 129
Offer for mech engineering yay!!
Reply 130
Original post by Puttman
Offer for Maths yeah!!!

Sameeee :biggrin: what course have you applied for?
I got an offer for the MMath (with a year in the USA) G107 of AAB. SO happy!!
Yes! Just got an offer for BSc Mathematics (G100) with AAB :biggrin:
Reply 132
Original post by medicinemm
Guess I did stress out too early :tongue:
I got a conditional offer for medical genetics today :biggrin:
Soooooo relieved :colondollar:

you're lucky, what is the offer? i'll try to transfer from medical microbiology if i get 3 A's
Original post by RichmondUK
got a BBB offer for Ancient history and Archaeology earlier today :smile:

Congrats!!!!!! Got mine too today :smile:
Reply 134
Hey, appyling for Ancient History and Archaeology too! Offer of BBB :smile:
Original post by x8Charlotte8x
Congrats!!!!!! Got mine too today :smile:

haha well done!!! nice to see some other archaeology and ancient history applicants :smile: you got a birmingham offer aswell :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I got my Law offer today! I'm so surprised. I honestly thought it would be a rejection!!!

Is Leicester anyone's firm choice?
Reply 137
Original post by puddingpie
I got my Law offer today! I'm so surprised. I honestly thought it would be a rejection!!!

Is Leicester anyone's firm choice?

Leicester's going to be my firm.. got an offer today for Psychology, I'm sooo surprised as well!!! :biggrin:
Original post by RichmondUK
haha well done!!! nice to see some other archaeology and ancient history applicants :smile: you got a birmingham offer aswell :smile:

Yes! both came on the same day! well done on your offer too! where else have you applied?
Original post by x8Charlotte8x
Yes! both came on the same day! well done on your offer too! where else have you applied?

i applied to 3 courses at birmingham, nottingham and leicester, you? and whats your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest