The Student Room Group

Mech BEng at Liverpool or Foundation Mech at Manchester

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I had my heart set on Manchester, didn't make it first year so took a year out and resat. All worth it in the end :smile:
I'd just go for Liverpool if they're offering you a place straight into first year. Get the degree done and over with quicker and start earning quicker.
Reply 3
Congrats on the unconditional offer! May I ask what your predicted grades are and as results?

I'd go for the Manchester foundation if that's what your heart is set on, it's only an extra year and I think it would be worth it as it's the place you WANT to be.
Reply 4
Original post by Boozah
What is there to consider ?

4 of my choices were foundation years in Mechanical (Manc, Sheff, Lough, Nottingham) and 1 was a BEng at Liverpool.

I've just heard back from Liverpool for BEng Mechanical being my first reply and I've got an Unconditional.

Had my heart set on Manchester because of the city and stuff though.

Any thoughts ?

Can i ask, What are your subjects + grades?
Reply 5
Original post by Boozah
Yeah i actually went onto the BEng in Manchester in 2010 but had a car accident in the crimbo holidays that ruined my Jan exams so i decided to get really depressed and drop out, with the aim of reapplying.

That didnt exactly go to plan as they upped the grade requirements to AAB from BBB when i went (Bad Times).

Brilliant University and city though

Have you not contacted them and told them of your situation? Will they not be lenient with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending