The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TM94
:beard:

Luuk De Jong eh? Interesting, unfortunately I see that as in Ba is definitely on his way out :colonhash: Would be a real statement of intent if we kept them both :sogood:

I will be really ****ing pissed off if Ba goes to West Ham for crying out loud, absolute joke but I'm confident that's just paper talk...

We're taking the piss with the Debuchy bid like :rofl2: £4 million jheeez.

Playing hard ball in negotiations :sexface:

Laughing at the rumour Ben Arfa will sign for Arsenal for £21 million.

We may as well not put in a team next season though I mean...

Krul is going to Tottenham or Chelsea
Simpson to Fulham/QPR/Villa
Coloccini to Citeh
Santon to Roma
Ben Arfa to Arsenal/Chelsea
Tiote to Man U
Cabaye to Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea
Cisse to Citeh
Ba to everyone

:frown:

:dunce:

I could see ba leaving as he's not the main man anymore, but I can also see him staying with his senegal team mate, no doubt the 4-3-3 system will still be adopted next season, but possibly rotating the striker role and giving cisse a rest at times might get ba some goals.

I could possibly see krul going to tottenham, but not yet as then friedel will complain and he's still a top keeper. The chelsea buying krul rumour has got to be the funniest rumour I've heard in my life, might as well say that wayne rooney is going to manchester city while we're at it.

Newcastle just need some squad depth, but I think newcastle should just aim for a top 4 challenge, but expect europa league qualification by coming 5th-7th or/and reaching a cup final. How do you feel about being in europe again though?

Debuchy could sort out the right back problem, it's just that you will have a lot of deadwood on your bench. Also, I reckon you might be stretching the finances a bit if you buy more players?
Reply 4981
Seems the Ben Arfa thing has been blowing massively out of proportion. Nasri's always acting the **** so it's no surprise to see him at the forefront of all of this, Menez/Valbuena should be playing ahead of him as well really.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
French media essentially focusing #FRA problems, on and off the pitch, on one man: Samir Nasri.

As for Ben Arfa, he moved to the coach - but away from his teammates, to have been released while others, he said, had a lower yield. Boghossian says: "There was no clash between Hatem Ben Arfa and Laurent Blanc. Both were explained. They put the record straight and they shook hands. There is no worry at this level. "
Original post by KingGoonIan

:awesome:

Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Stadium of Light on Thursday night. Someone in the crowd stole his microphone. There's nothing those Mackems won't steal :p:
Reply 4985
Original post by River85

Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Stadium of Light on Thursday night. Someone in the crowd stole his microphone. There's nothing those Mackems won't steal :p:

Saw the chilli peppers there last night. I felt so dirty i had to have a shower when i got home straight away.

Horrible inbred hicks.
Reply 4986
Home kit should be revealed soon...
Won't be getting it anyway, want one of the retro ones they sell at the club shop :sogood:
Original post by TM94
Home kit should be revealed soon...
Won't be getting it anyway, want one of the retro ones they sell at the club shop :sogood:

I'm so glad I got one of the older kits. Can't say I'm too fond of wearing a kit that says VIRGIN on the front.
Reply 4988
Original post by I Kant Spall
I'm so glad I got one of the older kits. Can't say I'm too fond of wearing a kit that says VIRGIN on the front.

:rofl: Repped!
Original post by River85

Coincidence; I just got back from the Isle of Wight where I saw Bruce Springsteen getting off his own ferry.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4990
Any of the locals see the flash floods? Absolutely insane haven't seen weather like it :lolwut:

Couple of things happening recently...

Apparently we have agreed a fee to sign young Aussie defender Curtis Good.
The Journal reported we have made another bid for Debuchy.
Gladbach the team that signed Hoillett have made a bid for De Jong, a team that can offer Champions League football and the money Twente are looking for. :nn:
Heard the weather is unbelievable in the toon atm...

Luckily for me am in the boiling hot sun in Surrey :tongue:
Reply 4992
Its mental mate, honestly it was like Armageddon lol

Metro Centre had to be evacuated, canoes in the streets and all sorts.
Grey Street is like a river.
Central Station flooded out.
Crazy stuff :lolwut:
Original post by TM94
Any of the locals see the flash floods? Absolutely insane haven't seen weather like it :lolwut:

Couple of things happening recently...

Apparently we have agreed a fee to sign young Aussie defender Curtis Good.
The Journal reported we have made another bid for Debuchy.
Gladbach the team that signed Hoillett have made a bid for De Jong, a team that can offer Champions League football and the money Twente are looking for. :nn:

I had my graduation yesterday (in Durham) so got caught up in it on the way back. It took us three hours to get from Durham to Ryton (20ish miles).

We could see the lighting after leaving Durham, approaching Tyneside, then the sky just went black. Before we knew it we were having to wade through two feet of water. It was about 30 minutes after we left the Western Bypass and MetroCentre that it was announced it was closing. Quite a few people broken down and all the manhole covers just blown off with water gushing out.
Hoping all my fellow TSR Newcastle United posters are staying safe and well in this horrendous weather.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hoping all my fellow TSR Newcastle United posters are staying safe and well in this horrendous weather.

It's bizarre, I live down south and it's been bright bright sunshine! Crazy seeing pictures of Newcastle!
Cullercoats looked more like Venice last night, was absolutely insane.
Original post by scriggy
Cullercoats looked more like Venice last night, was absolutely insane.

You just got the 5000th post in the thread soooo repped. :tongue:

Reply 4998
Original post by TM94

Let's just hope no potential signings were here yesterday. :eek: I've never seen it so dark in the day before, was crazy.

Original post by I Kant Spall
You just got the 5000th post in the thread soooo repped. :tongue:

And that rep finally pushed me to six gems. :borat:

Latest