The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton uni library strictly for students?

might be a stupid question, but..
I'm currently a student at another London uni, but soon will be moving house and living across the road from Roehampton Uni. To save myself some time and money (especially during the holidays before exams) I was thinking of being cheeky and using their library for strictly occupying-a-chair-and-studying purposes, ie no intention to borrow books or use the computers
Would this be possible? anyone a current student there? at my own uni entry is done my swiping your card which implies selective entry. On the other hand, at Imperial (I was told), one person just swipes and a whole crowd can go in through the spinning doorway.

I know it's lazy of me and even a bit rude since I would be occupying space intended for students, but obviously I'd go home if it's already crowded or gets crowded. Distracts me anyway

The reason I thought this would be possible is that for one of my friends back at school this seemed to work with Warwick uni, even though she wasn't yet a student at all
Reply 1
Get a Sconul card from your home university and you will have access to most UK unis. Cool, uh? :wink:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Juichiro
Get a Sconul card from your home university and you will have access to most UK unis. Cool, uh? :wink:

sweet, thanks
I'll look into that
Reply 3
Is Roehampton Library any good? Are there any other public libraries around the area that you know of? I'm an international student, so I'm kinda curious :smile: ideas?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by anzerftum
might be a stupid question, but..
I'm currently a student at another London uni, but soon will be moving house and living across the road from Roehampton Uni

Original post by Pyramidologist
Its not open access. You have to have a Roehampton University card. Furthermore it expires very quickly (less than 3 weeks) if you don't use it, and then you have to go and get it fixed on their computer system.

The card barriers are attended by staff, as there is a desk as soon as you walk in. There is no way to sneak past.

Roehampton uni library is actually open access. All visitors have to do is show photo ID and they can get a visitor pass, and the member of staff will let you in. All visitors can't do is borrow books or equipment, but you're welcome to read, use the facilities such as the coffee shop, or photocopy (you'll have to buy a visitor copy card from the vending machine, can't remember the price but it comes with £1 credit that you can top up if needs be)

FYI, your ID card doesn't expire in 3 weeks if you don't use it, some cards just don't work sometimes if they update that part of the system.

Source: I worked on the library front desk for 2 years :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
Roehampton uni library is actually open access. All visitors have to do is show photo ID and they can get a visitor pass, and the member of staff will let you in. All visitors can't do is borrow books or equipment, but you're welcome to read, use the facilities such as the coffee shop, or photocopy (you'll have to buy a visitor copy card from the vending machine, can't remember the price but it comes with £1 credit that you can top up if needs be)

FYI, your ID card doesn't expire in 3 weeks if you don't use it, some cards just don't work sometimes if they update that part of the system.

Source: I worked on the library front desk for 2 years :smile:

Were you a Roehampton student when your worked there? How much (pounds per hour) was the job?

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending