The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

History replies/offers/interviews?

Anyone heard back yet? I sent my application off before the Oxbridge deadline (like 13th October) and I still haven't heard a peep from UCL - really want to know :frown:

I've heard back from Royal Holloway, UEA and I have an interview for Queen Mary soon...Makes me think I should have heard something from UCL?

I've applied for a History BA by the way - I know it's popular, but still; anyone got any idea how long I should wait before I should ring admissions to ask what the hell? It's been nearly 2 months now - I'm starting to think any letter I may have got may have been lost in the post xD

Cheers

xxx Liz xxx
Reply 1
Got a letter this morning offering an interview in mid-January, and I sent my application in on 8th October.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
i got a letter this morning too for the same interview and I sent my application early october.
ditto, i sent mine at the start of October and got my interview invite yesterday. Having said this, before yesterday i hadn't heard anything from them so don't panic just yet :smile:
bluejoe
i got a letter this morning too for the same interview and I sent my application early october.

Same for me. Got an interview letter today, after sending my UCAS on October 8th. This was the only thing I've heard off them. Any idea how many applicants get rejected without interview? The letter said there are 20 applicants for every place - is that narrowed considerably?

Also Bluejoe, I'm applying to exactly the same unis as you, for the same courses (although War Studies and History at Kings). Which Oxford college did you apply for?
Reply 5
playingcards
Same for me. Got an interview letter today, after sending my UCAS on October 8th. This was the only thing I've heard off them. Any idea how many applicants get rejected without interview? The letter said there are 20 applicants for every place - is that narrowed considerably?

Also Bluejoe, I'm applying to exactly the same unis as you, for the same courses (although War Studies and History at Kings). Which Oxford college did you apply for?

I think they remove quite a few applicants before interview, as it says on their website only candidates being "actively considered" get an interviewed.
Reply 6
Cheers everyone - so I sent my application off round 13th/14th October, should expect one soonish I guess?

xxx Liz xxx
And I only sent mine on Wednesday, so I will be waiting an age yet! LOL .... Good luck everyone with your interviews; it would be great if you could post on here how it went, what sort of atmosphere there was and what sort of questions they asked you?! X
Reply 8
If I forget to post here after mine (Jan 16th) feel free to PM me and I'll give you an idea of what it was like.
Reply 9
ladylish
Cheers everyone - so I sent my application off round 13th/14th October, should expect one soonish I guess?

xxx Liz xxx

Sent mine off same-ish time, so hopefully they are just going through chronologically and we will get ours this week:smile:
Reply 10
I hope so! It's not like it's a big deal - I mean, it's months yet until we have to make a final decision, but I'm just iching to knowwwww.
Reply 11
ladylish
I hope so! It's not like it's a big deal - I mean, it's months yet until we have to make a final decision, but I'm just iching to knowwwww.

haha its the itch you just can't quite scratch... yet :smile: Checked the post yet?
Reply 12
sent my UCAS off on 3rd october... havent yet received a letter for interview.

seems like they arent interested in me ...

never mind 4 more to go :biggrin:
Reply 13
djjz13
haha its the itch you just can't quite scratch... yet :smile: Checked the post yet?

yeah :frown: nowt - I actually want to know so baaaad
Reply 14
ladylish
yeah :frown: nowt - I actually want to know so baaaad

Yeah me either, tomorrow is the day!!
Reply 15
As I posted earlier, if successful you will be allocated an interview on one of the following dates:

12th December,
16th January,
30th January,
20th February,
5th March,
and maybe the 19th March.

enjoy
Reply 16
djjz13
Yeah me either, tomorrow is the day!!

It bloody better be! Let me know if you hear anything!

Latest

Trending

Trending