The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Adam9
I dont remember, but hopefully someone else will.

In the prospectus, did it guarantee an interview if you meet A Level, GCSE, and ukcat requirements. I think it did, but am unsure. Hopefully it means that.

As I recall, SGUL tend to give interviews if you meet all their academic and non-academic requirements, yes.

Original post by zmzm
Uh oh. We need references for work experience? From the doctors we worked with? What sort of info would they want?

Dates, length, duties, contact referee.

Original post by kim93
Got interview offer today, Dec 8th :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:
I'm filling in my interview reply slip and the date format asked for is DD-MMM-YYY
How do I fill in three Ys? I feel like it could be a typo?
The requirements for the interview are really extended and wordy... I've sent the reply slip to them saying I will attend the interview, but they want so many other things lol. Anyone know of a guide on student's room in regards to St Georges Medical School interviews?

Thanks
Original post by eatpraylove
The requirements for the interview are really extended and wordy... I've sent the reply slip to them saying I will attend the interview, but they want so many other things lol. Anyone know of a guide on student's room in regards to St Georges Medical School interviews?

Thanks

What did you write for the date? Sorry, but I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and getting myself really confused! :s-smilie:
Reply 105
Original post by RebeckyMiguel
I'm filling in my interview reply slip and the date format asked for is DD-MMM-YYY
How do I fill in three Ys? I feel like it could be a typo?

Its meant to be DD-MM-YYYY 100%. Not that it is of great importance.

Thanks

Just work exp stuff. It needs to have the right contact details and the right info e.g. duties, hours, how often, dates.

The interview is of course MMI which is unique to them. See this for a interview taster. Its not as scary as every one thinks :nah:
Facticity thanks for the link :smile:

There is work experience stuff which seems decent, but I meant all the CRB checks and Health checks. Does this come up after the interview process or should I prepare it now?

Also, I filled in the date as: 05/Dec/2011 lol.. I thought the MMM meant it should be worded x)
interview on the 8th :smile:
Reply 108

Facticity thanks for the link :smile:

There is work experience stuff which seems decent, but I meant all the CRB checks and Health checks. Does this come up after the interview process or should I prepare it now?

Also, I filled in the date as: 05/Dec/2011 lol.. I thought the MMM meant it should be worded x)

Oh right, CRB and Health Checks come post offer. So once you have your offer, you'll have have until, end of july I think to give in a ton of papers, which include a CRB and a health record / check :smile:

Aha don't worry, they don't care about the date style as long as it is the correct date :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by kim93
Got interview offer today, Dec 8th :biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Can i ask what are your academics - yes i am nosy
Reply 110
really worried i wont be given an interview no anyone else on here have not heard back?
Reply 111
Interviews are given out in batches, its early November, relax. The interview will come or it won't, worrying about it or comparing yourself to others will literally do nothing for you. :nah:
Interview on the 12th December anyone? :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by rsp
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Can i ask what are your academics - yes i am nosy

Thank you. 9A*2A GCSE, achieved A*AA A-level, UKCAT 697.5
REJECTED.
Really dissapointed. My UKCAT was 615 and i had A*AA predicitions.
Reply 115
Original post by Blackout94

Original post by Blackout94
REJECTED.
Really dissapointed. My UKCAT was 615 and i had A*AA predicitions.

625 UKCAT cut off :sadnod:
Reply 116
Interview 13th December!:yeah:
Original post by Muggle#334025
Interview on the 12th December anyone? :smile:

Meeeee :biggrin:
Any for the 5th of December peepz?
Original post by Jiggy13
Interview 13th December!:yeah:

Same! What time? Mine's at 3pm :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest