The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got a video of this tackle? I never really saw it as I was too busy pointing at Obertan and telling my mate how lazy he was being.
Just watched the tackle again (I recorded it for some reason). Spearing lunged in which is undeniable and it seems Cabaye jumped to avoid what probably would have been a nasty tackle on him. In doing so hes shown his studs and caught Spearing. IMO he didn't intend to catch Spearing but it was poor on Cabaye's behalf.

If he is retrospectively investigated for it then the incident with Coloccini should also be investigated, as well as Bellamys 'choice words' to Krul.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KingGoonIan
Anyone got a video of this tackle? I never really saw it as I was too busy pointing at Obertan and telling my mate how lazy he was being.

EDIT: Wrong tackle, and apologies to anyone who had to watch Bellamy score a free kick again. This is the one you're looking for:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1983
LOL HOW IS THAT A RED?

I had this on the liverpool soc last night.
Original post by I Kant Spall
x

Thanks, how do you embed videos btw? I've tried before but it hasn't worked. :colondollar:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Thanks, how do you embed videos btw? I've tried before but it hasn't worked. :colondollar:

There are separate tags for YT vids. You just copy the video ID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiir48VApaM

...and put it in tags like this: [youtube]---
Original post by I Kant Spall
There are separate tags for YT vids. You just copy the video ID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiir48VApaM

...and put it in tags like this: [youtube]---

Thanks that's simple!
Reply 1987
Original post by Chriswuk
Did anyone else watch it on the Sky? Their coverage was woeful. Joe Cole and Jamie Redknapp as pundits = excellent non-biased overview!
I managed to flick mute before starting to bleed from the ears. I remember him as a decent player, when rarely fit, but Redknapp's a gob****e.
Reply 1988
If Coloccini gets a ban for the elbow it would be a disgrace because I'm pretty sure Rooney got away with something much worse last season.
Liverpool fans are taking the piss. Spearing attempts a stupidly dangerous challenge, Cabaye jumps out of the way to avoid him and lands on his foot by accident. The fella shouldn't make stupid challenges should he if he don't want to get hurt.
Some good news for a change, apparently Obertan is injured for the Man U game.
I would say this week is the best chance we've had to beat Man Utd in a long time, based on yesterday's results and their injury problems. However, I'd still back an away win, unfortunately.

We could really do with a few signings in January, specifically a striker and a centre-back. With the right signings, I think we can keep solidly in the top half and hopefully stay 7th or around about.
Original post by scriggy
Worst performance of the season today. No question. :sadnod:

There was that 0-0 with QPR, I think that might also be a contender.

But yeah, that was a truly shocking performance. Liverpool aren't that good and honestly I was amazed we even managed to get a goal.
Reply 1993
The thing that's irritated me most this season is that our performances in general have been so disappointing. How many games have we looked really good throughout? I can only think of the match against Blackburn, and that was against, well, Blackburn. I was very impressed with the performance away to Stoke, but we faded in the second-half. On the flip-side we've rarely looked awful, but even with this squad that lacks depth I'd expect us to play better.

Apparently Pardew states we play 'possession football'. It's certainly an odd form of possession football given the ease at which we give the ball away and the difficulty for many of our players to find space. Instead we opt for the long balls, and that's pretty ineffective as well as being ugly.

I'm not sure what Ben Arfa's place in our team is - apparently he's not a winger but he doesn't look suited to the support striker role either as he isn't given a great deal of freedom in this league. I'm not disappointed Obertan is out against his old club as he is simply awful, it has to be said. It will probably be Sammy Ameobi there, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Taylor on the right because he can offer a fairly good delivery even if he lacks the skill and pace.

Pardew shouldn't be exempt from criticism, but the fact we're 7th with a pretty weak squad can't be ignored. We have class in Krul, Coloccini and Ba. Cabaye looks like a good player but I've not been overly impressed and Tiote seems very hit and miss. Perhaps Ben Arfa is class also, but he hasn't looked it so far. We then have liabilities at full-back, a hard-working but ineffective left-winger and an incompetent right-winger regularly starting for us - it's a pretty imbalanced squad in the end.
Reply 1994
He scored sooooo many goals :biggrin:

Reply 1995
Original post by TRS-T

Haha :lol:

What a belter.
Class that like
Original post by TRS-T

HAHAHAHA made laugh so much lol.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Looks like Sammy will start against Man Utd. On the right :facepalm2: He's so ineffective there, he's all left foot but Pardew refuses to move Gutierrez from the left :sigh:
Reply 1998
Sammy Ameobi is simply not good enough (yet) for premier league football.

I know he's young and that but it just shows how thin our squad is if we have to play him against Man U.
Original post by TM94
Sammy Ameobi is simply not good enough (yet) for premier league football.

I know he's young and that but it just shows how thin our squad is if we have to play him against Man U.

My mate broke up with Sammy over the summer maybe he's weak now because he's heartbroken?

Latest