Scroll to see replies

Original post by Randomized
My timetable (1st year history):

Monday: 1 hour seminar
Tuesday: 1 hour lecture
Wednesday: 1 hour seminar
Thursday: 1 hour lecture
Friday: day off

I ****ing hate it. Impossible to make any friends on my course because we have so little time and i get really bored because i have so much free time.

Which uni is this at?
I have 5 hours on monday, nothing on tuesday, 3 hours on wednesday, 3 hours on thursdays and nothing on Fridays.

My timetable last semester was better though: nothing on mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays; then 3 hours on thursdays and 3hours on fridays... I miss my old timetable :sigh:
Reply 22
3 hours monday, 2 hours tuesday, 3 hours wednesday, 2 hours thursday.
Had a day less last semester, but I actually like this timetable :smile:
Mine is 5 hours on a Monday, spread between 9-5.
between 5-7 hours on a tuesday depending on the week spread between 9-5. and 3 hours on a thursday between 12-5. So not bad
3 days a week, 1 x 10am start, 2 x 11am starts. Happy days :smile:

Conversely, some of my flatmates have 5 x 9am starts per week -.-
Reply 25
Yeah I like mine;
Monday - 4 hours
Tuesday - 1 hour
Wednesday - free
Thursday - 3 hours
Friday - 2 hours
Monday - 4 hours
Tuesday - 5 hours
Wednesday - 2 hours
Thursday - 3 hours
Friday - free

But I have an awful lot of gaps between them.
Reply 27
First term
Monday - 6 hours
Tuesday - 2 hours
Wednesday - 3 hours
Thursday & Friday - free

Second term
Monday - 3 hours
Tuesday - 2 hours
Wednesday - 2 hours
Thursday - 4 hours
Friday - free
Reply 28
Mondays and Wednesdays off.

Tuesdays 5 hours
Thursdays 4 hours
Fridays 3 hours.
Reply 29
Monday - Free.
Tuesday - 4 hours, annoyingly spaced out so I'm there for 8 hours.
Wednesday - Free.
Thursday - 2 hours.
Friday - 2 hours.
Reply 30
Some of these timetables are crazy! Seems that around 10 hours a week isn't that uncommon?

I'd hate to work out how much that costs per hour with the new fees!
Reply 31
what do you do in free time? How long do you study for outside lesson during the week?
Timetable is different every week, generally this year (2yr) its been mon-wednesday 9.30 till 4pm but sometimes we're in the skills lab doing clinical skills which are on thursdays or fridays depending on the group your in, though we have had a few full weeks. This is just uni. On placement which last about 10-11 weeks its 37.5 hours worth of shift work earlies, lates, nights...generally the weeks where we do the least work because we're too tired to do it after placement days.

Though i wouldn't change it as its what i want to do :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Dan1909
Some of these timetables are crazy! Seems that around 10 hours a week isn't that uncommon?

I'd hate to work out how much that costs per hour with the new fees!

£9000 a year

30 weeks in a year

10 hours a week

300 hours of lectures

£9000 / 300 hours = £30 per hour

(which is alright in my opinion *if your going to a top university)

£20 per hour is how much i charge students for private tuition.

not to mention if you get 15+ hours a week its less than or equal to £20 per hour

if u get -5hours a week then its more like greater than or equal to £60 per hour
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by meraphox
£9000 a year

30 weeks in a year

10 hours a week

300 hours of lectures

not to mention if you get 15+ hours a week its less than or equal to £20 per hour

if u get -5hours a week then its more like greater than or equal to £60 per hour

Not quite the point I was getting at, otherwise I would have done the maths and posted it, but thanks anyway.

I was more saying that compared to people who have 30-40 hours of face to face time a week, and possibly time in the labs as well, paying the same for that little actual teaching seems awful!
Reply 35
I actually quite like mine at the minute. 9am starts are a pain but finishing quite early means I'm up and about to do other exciting things like.. go to the gym! Go to the library! Yaaayyyy!

Monday 9-4.30
Tuesday FREEEEE
Wednesday 9-12
Thursday 9-2 or 9-5 if I have labs.
Friday 9.30-12.30

Not bad.
Reply 36
Original post by meraphox
£9000 a year

30 weeks in a year

10 hours a week

300 hours of lectures

I hope you don't teach English.

My timetable is pretty good, I do 6 hours a week, 2 on a Monday, 2 on a Tuesday and 2 on a Thursday, leaving me Weds and Fridays off :biggrin:
I do English and history.
Monday - 12-2, 4-5
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday - 10-11
Thursday - Off
Friday - 12-2

Not too bad but it's annoying that I could have had everything at the start of the week if I changed teaching groups. Which I can't cause they're full :frown:
Reply 38
Mine's pretty good although we have a lot of independent study atm.

Monday 2-4 hours(9-11 or 9-1, it alternates)
Tuesday 2 hours (9-11)
Wednesday Free
Thursday 4 - 6 hours although has now changed to 2.5 (30min tutorial and 2 hour lecture every other week)
Friday free

The only issue is the 9ams but I like the amount of free time I have atm. This is primary education.
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
Timetable is different every week, generally this year (2yr) its been mon-wednesday 9.30 till 4pm but sometimes we're in the skills lab doing clinical skills which are on thursdays or fridays depending on the group your in, though we have had a few full weeks. This is just uni. On placement which last about 10-11 weeks its 37.5 hours worth of shift work earlies, lates, nights...generally the weeks where we do the least work because we're too tired to do it after placement days.

Though i wouldn't change it as its what i want to do :smile:

Ahhhh. What is that? Looks like Medicine/Pharmacy?

Quick Reply

Latest