The Student Room Group

OCR French GCSE May 2012 Listening & Reading Exams

How did everyone find the recent OCR french GCSE exams?
I thought that the listening was significantly hard and the reading significantly easy but everyone in the same exam thought differently :/
Looking for an overall A, seeing as I got an A in all courseworks, fingers crossed
Original post by AlexAits
How did everyone find the recent OCR french GCSE exams?
I thought that the listening was significantly hard and the reading significantly easy but everyone in the same exam thought differently :/
Looking for an overall A, seeing as I got an A in all courseworks, fingers crossed

Yeah I thought they were fine and a bit easier compared to last year's paper that I did for practice! I'm glad they didn't include a lot of obscure vocab otherwise that would have thrown me.

You know what you got for your speaking/writing?!
We were told we had to wait until August where we'd get a mark breakdown.
:s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by PurpleSquid
Yeah I thought they were fine and a bit easier compared to last year's paper that I did for practice! I'm glad they didn't include a lot of obscure vocab otherwise that would have thrown me.

You know what you got for your speaking/writing?!
We were told we had to wait until August where we'd get a mark breakdown.
:s-smilie:

I saw it on the school database, they're pretty stupid when it comes to hiding stuff from the pupils haha, i got an A in all 4, some low, some high, which should balance out to an A if i do ok in the exam, what are you hoping for?
I saw it on the school database, they're pretty stupid when it comes to hiding stuff from the pupils haha, i got an A in all 4, some low, some high, which should balance out to an A if i do ok in the exam, what are you hoping for?

Oh hahah! I wouldn't even know where to look!
Well I'm crossing my fingers for A*s but overall I just want higher marks in my speaking/writing because they make up most of the grade.
Doing both French and Spanish put a lot of pressure on me especially with orals but I'm hoping I'll pull it off. :smile:

Anyway, I'm just going to try and forget about my previous exams until I've done the rest of them. 9 Left... Arghh
Reply 4
Oh hahah! I wouldn't even know where to look!
Well I'm crossing my fingers for A*s but overall I just want higher marks in my speaking/writing because they make up most of the grade.
Doing both French and Spanish put a lot of pressure on me especially with orals but I'm hoping I'll pull it off. :smile:

Anyway, I'm just going to try and forget about my previous exams until I've done the rest of them. 9 Left... Arghh

Haha! good luck! Im doing it a year early so even if i do mess up, i can retake aspects of it next year. I've got another 5 to go out of the 11 which for year ten is quite a lot!
Good luck for the rest of your exams!
Haha! good luck! Im doing it a year early so even if i do mess up, i can retake aspects of it next year. I've got another 5 to go out of the 11 which for year ten is quite a lot!
Good luck for the rest of your exams!

Oh wow I wasn't selected to be in the 'fast track' group probably because I wasn't smart enough. :tongue:
And good luck to you too! Yeah, that is quite a lot considering that in Year 10 I didn't have any GCSE exams!
My advice to you would be to just nail your exams on the first try because resitting papers is so much hassle, especially when you have other exams to take care of. :smile:
Reply 6
Oh wow I wasn't selected to be in the 'fast track' group probably because I wasn't smart enough. :tongue:
And good luck to you too! Yeah, that is quite a lot considering that in Year 10 I didn't have any GCSE exams!
My advice to you would be to just nail your exams on the first try because resitting papers is so much hassle, especially when you have other exams to take care of. :smile:

Haha yeah thanks, ill try nail them, but english language was today and i think i absolutely FLOPPED! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending