The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dddd
Apparently, the larger families of muslims indicates Britain will be 99% islamic by 2050?

Well they'd better start the mass-raping and controlling the media right about now, because they've got a lot of work to do. Seriously though, Christianity has been here for 1700 years and barely 10% of people are regular church-goers, but suddenly because we got bombs on our tube system and on our planes people are suddenly gonna think... "what a great ****in idea!"?
I think it's pretty inevitable that muslims will become a majority in Britain eventually, but 2050 sounds a bit close.
I'll be sure to have emmigrated/seeked asylum in another country by the time it happens.
Reply 4
Supposing they become so integrated that we don't notice the change?
Reply 5
i've been warning about this for months on here, but the liberals havn't really "caught on" to the implications.

The demographic shift has the pottential to overturn our way of life, the laws and freedoms we cherish our not allowed in many islamic countries. if we became islamic then freedom will suffer.

The remedy for this is an end to muslim immigration - immediately. Then by encouraging natives to have more children and promote integration we can rediscover our unity and avoid a pottential cataclism for western civilisation.
Giliwoo

:biggrin: I'm going to use that one myself one day.
Reply 7
Zebedee
i've been warning about this for months on here, but the liberals havn't really "caught on" to the implications.

The demographic shift has the pottential to overturn our way of life, the laws and freedoms we cherish our not allowed in many islamic countries. if we became islamic then freedom will suffer.

The remedy for this is an end to muslim immigration - immediately. Then by encouraging natives to have more children and promote integration we can rediscover our unity and avoid a pottential cataclism for western civilisation.

I'm rarely this rude, but shut up Zebedee. Demographics don't work like that. You're scaring the children.
Reply 8
Zebedee

Civilisation by its very nature evolves. And don't worry, Muslim majorities won't happen until after your children are dead.
Reply 9
Socrates
Civilisation by its very nature evolves. And don't worry, Muslim majorities won't happen until after your children are dead.

Yes, it evolves in the way that the people of the time take it. Like in WW2 democracy succeeded in destroying fascism. Now there are more democratic, stable countries than ever. This is a good thing. Hard won.

Just letting things play out is lazy and irresponsible. We can do plenty to change the future. We will need to make hard decisions.

Even if it takes 200 years, it still matters. All our ancestors efforts since the englightenment will be for nothing if pansies (which seems the "in" trend) just sit back and let the muslim world take us over by the back door. The signs are there.

The 21st century will be pivotal in the match between religion and dogma vs science and reason. For humanities future prosperity science and reason must win the day - otherwise we will enter a second dark age.

Emotive language - but i'm passionate about this. If muslims immigrate to fast there won't be enough time for integration and their culture and religious principles will overtake our own.

We have the economic and military might to stop it. Immigration at too fast a level is a poison, capitalist greed the drug.
Reply 10
Zebedee
The 21st century will be pivotal in the match between religion and dogma vs science and reason. For humanities future prosperity science and reason must win the day - otherwise we will enter a second dark age.

If science and reason are strong enough, they will win the day. If not, good riddance.
wawrwinka
anyhow islamic britain wouldnt be that bad

Again, unless you're an atheist, Jew, homosexual, woman, pagan, polytheist or satirical cartoonist.
id like to add..whos to say some of the muslims wont become less devout as time passes?

Christians had much stronger beliefs centuries ago, but that waned over the course of the 20th century (in particular) to an extent where its rare to find a youngster interested in Christianity these days.

whos to say the next generation of muslims wont have less devout attitudes (in this country i mean)
Rooftopcowboy

whos to say the next generation of muslims wont have less devout attitudes (in this country i mean)

Islam is unique in the UK as it is the only religion to buck the trend of Westernisation and secularisation that occurs within immigrant families as the generations progress. Indeed the second and third generations of immigrant Muslims are often more strict and pious than their parents and grandparents.
This will not change with their children. They will brainwash them just like they themselves have been. .
Reply 14
gas_panic!
This will not change with their children. They will brainwash them just like they themselves have been. .

Not really. There are plenty of "liberal" Muslims out there. Especially the ones at university, good jobs etc.
Socrates
Not really. There are plenty of "liberal" Muslims out there. Especially the ones at university, good jobs etc.

A lot of naive muslims get 'radicalised' at university.

They just don't like us and they're kids will be no different.
Reply 16
A tiny minority. Most of them are quite liberal. I know plenty.
Reply 17
dddd
Apparently, the larger families of muslims indicates Britain will be 99% islamic by 2050? Does anybody think this is likely or unlikely to happen? What about Christmas, short skirts and binge drinking?

Unless there's some kind of a genocide, that's not mathematically possible.
Reply 18
dddd
Apparently, the larger families of muslims indicates Britain will be 99% islamic by 2050?

Now now. Don't be silly. Whoever worked that out probably needs a new calculator.
Reply 19
Giliwoo

I think you'd need to be either in a coma or dead not to notice it tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending