The Student Room Group

When does JSA pay in?

I know it pays fortnightly in arrears, but what day is it meant to go in?

My signing day is a Thursday, I first signed on on the 9th and received a payment on the 14th, but it only £94 so I figured that was the amount backdated from when I opened my claim. I have to sign for the second time this Thurs (23rd), when can I expect the payment for these last 2 weeks? Does it get processed as soon as you go in and sign?

Many Thanks

Scroll to see replies

TOSCS
I know it pays fortnightly in arrears, but what day is it meant to go in?

My signing day is a Thursday, I first signed on on the 9th and received a payment on the 14th, but it only £94 so I figured that was the amount backdated from when I opened my claim. I have to sign for the second time this Thurs (23rd), when can I expect the payment for these last 2 weeks? Does it get processed as soon as you go in and sign?

Many Thanks

Hi,
When I was signing on it took 3 working days for it to be processed into my account, so when I went and signed on the Friday I got paid on the Wednesday so I assume you would be paid on the Tuesday :smile:
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Whatyoushouldknow/Payday_Changes/index.html

The payment day depends on your NI number. Assuming you're referring to the 14th of July, that means your day is a Tuesday (which should mean your NI number ends with a number in the range 20 to 39). I'd expect that your next payment will arrive two weeks after your first - meaning Tuesday 28 July.
Reply 3
Right I was just on the phone to them, what a ****ing joke of a system this is.

Apparently the first 3 days of your claim you don't get paid for, cannot think of any good reason why.

The £94 was for the period of the 27th-9th, and I will get £102 next Tuesday.

£195 in 5 weeks. That's a lot ****ing less than the £50.95 they tell you.
Reply 4
TOSCS

Apparently the first 3 days of your claim you don't get paid for, cannot think of any good reason why.

Yeah, it is crazy they don't give you more money for doing nothing :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Socmyoligy
Yeah, it is crazy they don't give you more money for doing nothing :s-smilie:

Searching for work =/= doing nothing, you daft ****.
Reply 6
TOSCS
Searching for work =/= doing nothing, you daft ****.

Your comment "what a ****ing joke of a system this is" irritated me.

You should be grateful that there is a "system" at all.
Reply 7
Socmyoligy
Your comment "what a ****ing joke of a system this is" irritated me.

You should be grateful that there is a "system" at all.

The fact that I pay taxes (when in work), and that we live in a semi/pseudo-democratic society means I have a right to complain about the quality of public service here. Not simply "be grateful" of its existence. The amount JSA pays in the UK is a joke compared to other countries so I'm not exactly being spoilt.
Reply 8
TOSCS

Surely this is the correct amount? Two weeks = £102?

Not sure what you meant by £195 in 5 weeks.

(Only asking as I've signed on hopefully to get a few weeks of cash monies before some applications kick past deadlines in 2 weeks).
spark911
Surely this is the correct amount? Two weeks = £102?

Not sure what you meant by £195 in 5 weeks.

(Only asking as I've signed on hopefully to get a few weeks of cash monies before some applications kick past deadlines in 2 weeks).

As I've read the situation, the "£195 in 5 weeks" thing is due to the initial delay in processing; once this is complete, the regular payments will the standard amount of £101.90 each fortnight.
Reply 10
Illusionary
As I've read the situation, the "£195 in 5 weeks" thing is due to the initial delay in processing; once this is complete, the regular payments will the standard amount of £101.90 each fortnight.

Yup pretty much. I just find it ridiculous that, in their own words, I require £50 a week to live, yet I will have spent the last 5 weeks living on just £194
TOSCS
Yup pretty much. I just find it ridiculous that, in their own words, I require £50 a week to live, yet I will have spent the last 5 weeks living on just £194

At least it's on track now - good luck on finding that job :smile:
TOSCS

Try living on nothing for six weeks while they process your application. I first signed on almost a month ago, called up last week to enquire why I hadn't received anything yet, only to be told that it could take another two weeks before I receive a payment.

And despite the fact that they haven't given me a single penny, they expect me to fork out the travel costs to and from the job centre to sign on every two weeks.

The system is absolutely useless.
Reply 13
For ****'s sake.

Just went in today to sign on at 12.45

An hour later I'm still sitting there, the only time anyone said anything to me was when I was asked to move seats.

Eventually it came to the 1.45 appointments and loads of people came in and were seen before me so I thought **** this and went and asked someone what the ****ing script was. Turns out I was never meant to come in because I have some stupid 'workshop' thing at 3.15 and was meant to receive a letter. Not only did I not receive the letter but I was sitting there for 1 hour and 15 mins without anyone asking me why I'd been there for so long without being seen.

I cannot wait to leave this country.
Reply 14
STILL have not received any form of financial support from them. Absolutely ****ing shambolic.l
My boyfriend didn't receive any money for 3 months through no fault of his own. Once that was sorted he then didn't get any for a month. They are a joke, hardly anyone knows what they're doing and they lose forms left, right and center. That's why I want him to get off it asap as I'm sick of the stress from it all!
Reply 16
Yeah but what's confusing me is I have already received one payment (weeks ago) so I was under the impression it was running smoothly and I would be getting the £101 or whatever 3 days after I signed on.
You'd think so wouldn't you...
TOSCS
STILL have not received any form of financial support from them. Absolutely ****ing shambolic.l

Same. I've been waiting well over a month now. Went to sign on today and was told that £80 (how that covers over a month's worth of JSA is beyond me) has been put into my account. I just checked my account and lo and behold... my balance hasn't changed. I called them up and gave them a ********** on the phone and was told the £80 will definitely be in my account later this week.

I asked the woman on the phone if she could live off £80 for over six weeks (not that I've actually been given the pitiful £80 yet) and she didn't even bother replying, she just fobbed me off with excuses.

I'm so poor :frown:
Get a job u bums

Quick Reply

Latest