The Student Room Group

never had a gf, how to meet more girls?

hi im 18 and ive never had a girlfriend, ive never even kissed a girl :frown: what should i do to meet more girls? i dont like going to nightclubs and pubs so please dont suggest those. i would appreciate any advice thanks
Reply 1
Yes, I'm in more or less in the same situation, I've never even been friends with a girl, but, that's not to say I don't the answer to your question my dear chap, but, I'm afraid I have to come up with some orginal answers/ideas like volunteering, dating agencies, colleges, mutual friends, acting/drama classes, actually any sort of class in fact, but, I'm sure you've been told these kind of ideas before.
Reply 2
do you have any like hobbies in which you can meet girls in which you can talk to? :smile:
Reply 3
Supermarkets. Try hitting on the female cashiers who serve you.

Gym. Plenty of girls there.
Reply 4
Original post by fleesaurus

haha love it. To the OP, just be confident, a guy with no confidence is always bound to fail.
Original post by fleesaurus

Gym. Plenty of girls there.

Problem with the gym is that girls tend to not like being hit on in the gym. Well... people don't like being annoyed in general in the gym unless you live in there lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd do something you enjoy and that way you'll meet like minded people. You could try a cafe at lunch too :smile:
Reply 7
i dont really have any hobbies to be honest so thats out the question lol
Original post by LaEstrella
I'd do something you enjoy and that way you'll meet like minded people. You could try a cafe at lunch too :smile:

but i dont really have any hobbys or anything like that
Original post by Vapour-Trail
but i dont really have any hobbys or anything like that

Haha you sound like me! Try? I mean I'm hoping to go to university and get involved in more things, maybe you could just pursue an interest in something?
Reply 10
Go on the pull?
>Start making conversation with women of all ages(and I mean including elderly peeps),in the street, in shops, at college, in restraunts etc. The more you do this, the more you will relax when talking to women in your peer group. Become natural at it, it will build your confidence, and avoid you from putting all women in the context of untainable sex objects, rather people you can get on with and the relationship builds from there.

>Develop yourself as a man. This is important, it is attractive when someone has a strong sense of who they are and what they like. Hit the gym frequently, read a lot, be generous and help people whenever possible. By adding value to other peoples lives, you will develop value in yourself.

>Don't fear rejection, not trying is worse as you never even gave yourself of them the chance of anything happening. Be yourself, and be confident. There is nothing shamful or embarrassing about saying to someone hey I like you, lets go out. Im sure many of the older members here will agree they should have gone for it more when they were younger.

>Dont put all your eggs in one basket. Getting hung up on every little possibility and each individual girl is useless, and will lead to dissapointment and heartache. You're 18, meet as many people as you can and don't expect too much, your time will come. Its partially a numbers game, as you go out into the world more and more, and meet more people you will eventually start to find ones you click with, it just happens. Talk to everyone you can, always be loooking to expand your social circle. If something doesnt work out thats fine, there are 7 billion other humans on earth that you havent met yet.

>Look to your current social circle to start with, any friendships or possible relationships you might be able to develop? Remember, going out with friends you already know more often leads to meeting new people through others, and it takes the pressure off. You dont have to go to a club or bar to find someone, persue activites you enjoy to meet like minded people. Sports are great, particualy if you travel with a team. Music is good also, as well as clubs and societies. Quite a few of my friends have had success online if thats of any interest, it can be fun.
Reply 12
i dont think i could meet girls through mutual friends (small social circle) so thats out of the question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending