The Student Room Group

IGCSE further pure maths

hi everyone,is there anyone whose going to sit for this exam tomorrow?
howz ur revision going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Currently im failing
But I found this awesum website that really helps a lot.

See below

https://sites.google.com/site/bsbfurtherigcsemaths/

Gives a lot of useful tutorials! Hope you have time to go through it!
Reply 2
I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by leafy9
I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...:frown:

woah 3 in a day that must be really stressful!! :eek:

but further maths was really tough but i think i can pass :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by leafy9

your school is having the ICT practical on monday?
Reply 5
Original post by muf_mur
your school is having the ICT practical on monday?

No. I have Chemistry edexcel and Geography CIE on monday. I don't think anyone is doing ICT practical.
Reply 6
has anyone's centre given out paper 1?
Reply 7
how was the paper 2 everyone?
Reply 8
Original post by muf_mur
how was the paper 2 everyone?

Paper 1 was hard. Paper 2 was much easier, even though it was still difficult.

What grade do you think you got?
Reply 9
Original post by leafy9

What grade do you think you got?

yeah paper 2 was a lot easier than paper 1...i'll get something between 70-75
i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL):tongue: and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by muf_mur
i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL):tongue: and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!

Lucky you! Much more optimistic than me. :smile:
I'd be lucky if I could manage a B. I'm suspecting a C. I was unlucky to have a bad math teacher for over half of the year.

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

This gives you the previous grade boundaries for all the subjects in Edexcel. You can have a good idea of what the boundaries are this year according to the difficultly of the paper.
Reply 11
Original post by muf_mur

wow you are gud at f.maths!!
i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(
Reply 12
Original post by nithpriya
wow you are gud at f.maths!!
i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(

i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
btw that website u posted really helped...:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by muf_mur
i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
btw that website u posted really helped...:smile:

thanx!
my expectations for this exam are really low!
Reply 14
i hope the grade boundaries are low because i think i did really bad in paper 1.. im so annoyed because paper 2 was so easy but didnt have time to finish the last question even though i was able to do it all! and it was worth 17 marks -.-.... these grade boundaries are really unpredictable.. january 2012 was easy but it was 67 for an A, june 2011 was a bit harder but 78 for an A or something like that i forgot..
Reply 15
grade boundaries fpm may 2012
79/100 A*
65/100 A
51/100 B
37/100 C
23/100 D
16/100 E
Reply 16
Original post by leafy9

i agree

A* is 79 :mad:
Reply 17
I hope to get a B

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
so wat did u guys get in fpm?
i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)
Original post by muf_mur
so wat did u guys get in fpm?
i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)

Great job! I heard even getting a B is very, very hard :redface: I'm now preparing for the exam next monday.. This is so scary.. I still have some types of questions that I have no idea how to answer. :frown:
Any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending