Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
ive met someone off here- but its more a fwb situation

No way, tell me more :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Staceycake
There are actually a couple of threads dedicated to us lonely singles ^.^

Pretty much this :yep: I'm meeting up with a girl I started talking to from one of them in 2-3 weeks :bigsmile:
Original post by Deyesy
Pretty much this :yep: I'm meeting up with a girl I started talking to from one of them in 2-3 weeks :bigsmile:

Enjoyyy :grin:
Reply 43
The short answer is no. The females on TSR are annoying as ****.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sure there are better places, but online?.. few in my experience :awesome:

I don't know about dating sites as I haven't used them, but I can well imagine that the quality on them is pretty poor - it's just that setting out to deliberately use TSR as a dating service seems pretty desperate because people aren't going to react well to others treating their profiles - which have been set up without dating in mind - as dating profiles.

It's all about putting up a 5 year old profile picture from one occasion when I looked half-decent and waiting for PMs from girls to arrive :awesome: Much better than putting in effort looking through profiles.
Original post by Chumbaniya
It's all about putting up a 5 year old profile picture from one occasion when I looked half-decent and waiting for PMs from girls to arrive :awesome: Much better than putting in effort looking through profiles.

You are a good lookin' guy though :rolleyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sure there are better places, but online?.. few in my experience :awesome:

Always there to deliver the acerbic killer blow aren't you dear :h: Must admit this one did make me chuckle ~ that lad had it coming, pity tha fool. :mrt:

Aye, you know you can rely on me... :biggrin: to be fair, yes, at that time I was just bluntly stating the obvious. Those two have used this forum as a Jeremy Kyle-esque outlet.
Original post by RainPours
No way, tell me more :tongue:

quite simply, he messaged me on here, we added on facebook etc. he goes to the same uni. we met up on a night out. then another night out, then another....

:wink:
You are a good lookin' guy though :rolleyes:

You see, I'd love to actually change my profile picture to one taken within the last quarter of my life but as long as I get responses like this I just can't bring myself to do it.
You see, I'd love to actually change my profile picture to one taken within the last quarter of my life but as long as I get responses like this I just can't bring myself to do it.

Sure you're not as bad as you're making out.
Reply 50
quite simply, he messaged me on here, we added on facebook etc. he goes to the same uni. we met up on a night out. then another night out, then another....

:wink:

Aw, that's cute :smile:

How's it going so far?
I would say nice an idea as it sounds, if you ever have a problem with the relationship and want to discuss it on TSR, you will have to go anon and will panic about them reading it and thinking "hey, this sounds familiar."

And before everyone starts jumping down my throat about how good relationships are all about communication, yes, of course they are, but sometimes people just want an outside, unbiased opinion.
Aw, that's cute :smile:

How's it going so far?

slowly hah :wink:

but its only a fwb neither of us wants anything more
Reply 53
slowly hah :wink:

but its only a fwb neither of us wants anything more

So have been you naughty, that's what I meant :tongue:
Reply 54
Oh dear. Oh dear...
Reply 55
Original post by Deyesy
Oh dear. Oh dear...

What's your problem?
Reply 56
What's your problem?

You never listen to any advice I give you? That's my problem :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Sure you're not as bad as you're making out.

Oh I don't worry that I look particularly bad (I'm perfectly happy with how I look), it's more that I feel my current picture is particularly good and I wouldn't like to change to a more recent but less flattering photo. The internet's all about choosing who you're going to present yourself as, after all.

Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
I would say nice an idea as it sounds, if you ever have a problem with the relationship and want to discuss it on TSR, you will have to go anon and will panic about them reading it and thinking "hey, this sounds familiar."

And before everyone starts jumping down my throat about how good relationships are all about communication, yes, of course they are, but sometimes people just want an outside, unbiased opinion.

It's not a problem that I've ever had, but I don't really come to TSR to get advice on specific problems, I just discuss general issues. I've not noticed myself avoiding weighing in on relationship concerns when I was with someone who also used TSR, and similarly now, with an ex who uses TSR I don't find myself having to refrain from posting my opinions, but I think that's because I very rarely focus on the personal aspects on an issue. I can totally appreciate that some people would value the freedom to post specifically about their own situations without the worry of causing offence or giving too much away.
Original post by Clez
It was so weird because i was literally the first person she spoke to on tsr - she'd only had the account for ten minutes and hadnt made any posts - i thought it was a hoax! She said she found me from a post in the Liverpool forums which Id very nearly not made on accommodation and Id only just come out of my last relationship. She said she lived nearby etc so we went to starbucks and what turned into meeting for just one day turned into 2 days, then 3 days, then 4,5,6... i think i saw her every day for about 2 weeks. We couldnt let each other go and it was like love at first sight....been the same ever since. Pretty weird it all came from TSR :tongue:

Awww :smile:

How long have you been with her?

What's her TSR username?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
There's the odd attempt at a dating initiative but I don't think it works very well. This is a forum and I feel it's not really the sort of thing that should be used deliberately as a dating service - there are plenty of actual online dating services for that. People do meet up, and I had a relationship of over a year with someone I originally met on TSR, but it's usually the sort of thing that develops organically. If you're actively seeking a partner, this probably isn't the best place, as people haven't created profiles here because they're looking for partners. You'll notice that the wall of any woman with a half-decent profile picture is full of messages from men trying to make something happen. The user 'hasan4life' is a pretty good template for how not to behave.

:lol:

And also 'RainPours'

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

Quick Reply