The Student Room Group

Sociology OCR A2 -'Crime + Deviance' and 'Social inequality + difference' (G673+G674)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BRajoo
My predictions for the unit 4 paper:
Quantitative methods
And most liked either age or gender :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah I predict them too, qualitative methods have come up in the last two papers, so I doubt they'd Put it in for the third time !?!?
Reply 61
Original post by SD12
Yeah I predict them too, qualitative methods have come up in the last two papers, so I doubt they'd Put it in for the third time !?!?

Yeah my teacher focused on quantitative too, she also mentioned changing class structure if class was to come up
Reply 62
Somebody explain vertical and horizontal segregation to me. Very confusing stuff.
Original post by aptkoolaid
Somebody explain vertical and horizontal segregation to me. Very confusing stuff.

Vertical segregation = different levels in a job e.g. manager of a store or sales adviser. women then to be lower than men.

Horizontal segregation = different types of jobs. e.g. men are tend to be found in business where as women are found jobs like cleaning

hope that helps
Reply 64
Original post by misslaura_bee
Vertical segregation = different levels in a job e.g. manager of a store or sales adviser. women then to be lower than men.

Horizontal segregation = different types of jobs. e.g. men are tend to be found in business where as women are found jobs like cleaning

hope that helps

Ah, I see now. My notes were confusing as hell, thanks a lot!
Reply 65
Hi all, just wanted to thank whoever started this post! I really needed it :smile:

Also i was wondering, has any1 actually discussed in class what might possibly come up for the G674 exam on Tuesday? I'm SO under confident after my exam on Friday :-(

xoxo
Reply 66
Original post by xoxSami
Hi all, just wanted to thank whoever started this post! I really needed it :smile:

Also i was wondering, has any1 actually discussed in class what might possibly come up for the G674 exam on Tuesday? I'm SO under confident after my exam on Friday :-(

xoxo

same here :frown: messed up bad on 1 question and nw i gotta ace this exam

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 67
Original post by k4m4r
same here :frown: messed up bad on 1 question and nw i gotta ace this exam

What exam did you have on Friday?
I'm praying that age or gender come up, as they are the only ones I have revised!

Also my teacher thinks either quantitative methods or ethics will come up for the methodology question.
Reply 69
What exam did you have on Friday?

it was wednesday sorry, im on abwt crime and deviance topic, messed up bad argh!!

Reply 70
I had Media exam, it totally messed me up mainly because of timing but the questions that came up were so simple and straightforward but i just didn't have enough time so i panicked! :-(

I really hope Gender comes up, good luck to you all i hope you get the grades you need :-)

xx
Reply 71
Okay so I'm new to this lol but I've tried to attach a file, hope it works! I found it online and think it's really helpful.:smile:
Reply 72
ok so im going to completely miss out class inequality because i havnt got enough time to learn it. is this wise or idiotic ? :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Don't worry I'm only learning gender and age.. One of them must come up ! I hope hahah.... And I, only doing quantitative data! Risk I know x
Reply 74
wat came up last year? we can atleast rule that out

Reply 75

I know someone already replied to this but I find it easy to remember because I think horizontal as in on the same level but in different bits (like lots of different boxes!) and vertical as being levels with high/low job status, like a lift :smile:
that may have made no sense at all
Reply 76
just looked at june 2011 paper, age and gender came up and in jan 2012 class and ethnicity came up, i hope gender comes up!

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by k4m4r
just looked at june 2011 paper, age and gender came up and in jan 2012 class and ethnicity came up, i hope gender comes up!

Either age or gender must come up!!!! 100% if not I might cry lol because that's me not in university aha. But yeah one must come up!! I guess i can apply the perspectives to social class or ethnicity if I'm desperate :smile:

I just need to memorise the stuff now!!

Reply 78
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
Either age or gender must come up!!!! 100% if not I might cry lol because that's me not in university aha. But yeah one must come up!! I guess i can apply the perspectives to social class or ethnicity if I'm desperate :smile:

I just need to memorise the stuff now!!

Same haha !! I'm only revising age and gender .. And quantitative methods !!
Original post by SD12
Same haha !! I'm only revising age and gender .. And quantitative methods !!

i havent even checked research methods at all to be honest :frown: it's just mental knowledge aha

Quick Reply